Note to New Members ×

2021 MCC Planning and Improvements?

dredman

I am looking for feed back on the 2020 event.  Suggestions or ideas to improve the whole event/experience.  Do you have any ideas for partnerships/sponsors/contributors? 

Please feel free to email me at montuckyclearcut@hotmail.com or post them on here.  

Things we are already working on:

1) 2 instructors per clinic to get more riding time, less sitting.

2) Winch Cat to speed up grooming and improve quality, the quicker they get done grooming the more time the snow has to set and get firm. The firmer the snow, the longer the grooming will last through a day.  Currently the plan is to start grooming Saturday before the event to establish base and buff out smoothness.  We groom more during this event than they ever do at Turner.  I am working with Brett (Prinoth) and Jacob (Turner) to develop a grooming plan to make things more efficient.  

3) Online registration.  Should make registration process easier.  This will help with the logistics end, and help reduce emails asking what kind of dinner you want.

4) Researching different meet up places that could accommodate us all more easily.

5) Would you be interested if we had a daily bus service from the hotels to Turner?

6) I had a few requests for a clinic to teach how to ride gates.  Former World Cup racer Rob Berney will be putting on that clinic!

If you have any ideas or want to help out, please get in touch with me via montuckyclearcut@hotmail.com

Thanks!

• Like 2

I never expect perfect groom and I was quite satisfied with grooming from day one. No one can control mother nature but it was noticeable how the grooming improved over the 4 days. Starting earlier would be a bonus ! Half point unloading was nice to get familiar with Turner without the intimidation one feels when peering over the cliff at the top you call Turner Mt. Nice to do a half run to warm up and cool down. Sundance was good groom on top but approaching  Main it got pretty choppy . I attribute that mainly to ground speed too fast for tiller ability. Understandable when coming off such a steep run and trying to make better time on the less steep trail. Grooming crew did excellent job given the pitch of the slopes and the acres covered each night ! Gates would be fun but feel bad foe someone having to set up and take down when the rest are freeriding over perfect groom and never having to look over ones shoulder. MCC was a great event I encourage everyone to put it on you bucket list.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2020 at 1:38 PM, b0ardski said:

I sure would like to see more than a few seconds of chopped up drone footage:freak3:

We have a ton of good footage. We will be releasing footage through the spring, summer and fall season to promote the event and the sport.  Keep an eye on our Youtube, Instagram and Facebook for pictures and videos.  I will always post in this forum when we release videos.   

On 4/10/2020 at 1:45 AM, TimW said:

Have a live stream of the event, so all of us who cannot attend can envy the participants even more...

Not likely, you have 9 months and 2 weeks to plan getting there.  

• Like 1

@lowrider I am working with Jacob (Turner Grooming) and Brett (Prinoth) to develop a grooming plan for next year to improve the quality and quantity of grooming.  

We are planning on starting grooming operations 2 grooming periods prior to the event too really get things smoothed out.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hi Dreadman

The pictures of the terrain, videos of the riders and stories of all the fun at your Expresson session seem just great!  Hats off to you as I can't imagine how many hours it must have taken to get that plane off of the ground!

One of the best pictures I've seen in a while is you hugging the groomer guy, awesome:)

My only suggestion, or perhaps dream, would be 'Banks' ... I've only seen, never ridden, videos of an area where they turn it into a 'Bankyard.'  See the video below.

Cheers

Rob

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RCrobar said:

Hi Dreadman

The pictures of the terrain, videos of the riders and stories of all the fun at your Expresson session seem just great!  Hats off to you as I can't imagine how many hours it must have taken to get that plane off of the ground!

One of the best pictures I've seen in a while is you hugging the groomer guy, awesome:)

My only suggestion, or perhaps dream, would be 'Banks' ... I've only seen, never ridden, videos of an area where they turn it into a 'Bankyard.'  See the video below.

Cheers

Rob

Rob, 

I love your idea...I have ridden Happo Banks on my 200 Tanker and 200 Cheater and it is so much fun.🤘🤙

The only bad thing is they prep that run at Happo-One for a couple weeks before opening it up to the public as it takes a bit of work to build the entire course.

cheers,

sandy

• Like 2

@RCrobar

You should join us!  It was a ton of fun and such relaxed carving!

I can only imagine that good banks requires a combination of, tons of snow, lots of snowmaking equipment, lots of groomer time or lots of pre-season dozer work, thus lots of money.  Money is something this event and Turner Mtn do not have much of.  So this will not likely be an option.

It does look like a giggle fest! I would love to get a chance to ride something like that, varied terrain makes carving much more interesting.  

We had some rather funky grooming on day 1 and 2 on 1 section of off camber pitch between the bottom of the bowl and the midway area on main last year, there were steps on the right side, groomer path was sloping with a ramp (about a foot rise) between each pass.  It was super fun to carve and very challenging to do smoothly.  I know a lot of people would disagree with me about that section, but what a fun set of features to play with!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Assuming our current pandemic issues have resolved by then, a bus to the hill from the hotels would be great. That would make it possible to take the train to Libby, which is otherwise kind of a non-starter because you need to beg rides up to the hill. Of course, in that scenario, getting luggage service at the Amtrak station in Libby would also be a huge plus. Shuttle service from Whitefish, which does have luggage service, would be a good substitute if there's no way to get luggage service at Libby.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2020 at 11:00 AM, Dan said:

Assuming our current pandemic issues have resolved by then, a bus to the hill from the hotels would be great. That would make it possible to take the train to Libby, which is otherwise kind of a non-starter because you need to beg rides up to the hill. Of course, in that scenario, getting luggage service at the Amtrak station in Libby would also be a huge plus. Shuttle service from Whitefish, which does have luggage service, would be a good substitute if there's no way to get luggage service at Libby.  

you could probably ship your boards/gear  to the hotel?

Edited by b0ardski

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Jcar said:

I really enjoyed the carving contest!  Would love to see something like the Limbo or Apple Slice!  Maybe a RedBull sponsorship and event???   

I am looking for volunteers to organize any contest you want.  

• Like 1