Note to New Members ×

Montucky Clear CUT daily rub in!

dredman

Sitting at the top of a run with a handful of carving buddies, staring down 2,000 vertical of corduroy without a soul on it.  It's like a back country experience, but for carvers.

Back at my home hill today in a sea of humanity.  I miss Turner already.  Hope to see you all again next year.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, b0ardski said:

one of the best shot so far to be uploaded to the montucky google drive

spacer.png

9 hours ago, bigwavedave said:

Too bad he's not having a good time^^^

OMG, you can't imagine how good that run was! There was so much grip and no one to hit us from behind. 

• Like 5

On 2/14/2020 at 8:37 AM, b0ardski said:

spacer.png

Is this not what we look to achieve? Is this not the joy, the flow we look to achieve in our pursuit.

Kudos to @dredman for creating the environment and kudos to @Corey for his training and skills for delivering the moment.

May we all achieve this moment.

Mahalo.

Edited by lonbordin
Also kudos to the photographer! Great shot
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Corey said:

That might have been the most-asked question at the event! @dredman can answer, but I believe the summary was a lot of phone calls and some good/cool people at Prinoth. 

I'm not so much interested in how Prinoth came to the event as I am what might have been learned from Prinoth being at the event.

If you local bump has a new Prinoth thank them. Prinoth is a business not a charity

Donald Trump isn't the only one who knows how to use a tax write off .

The two old BR 350's Turner has did a great job it was third (Prinoth) that made the job easier to get everything groomed to perfection within a reasonable time frame. What they do need  is a winch cat to climb the 70 degree slopes. (note to next years attendees)

34 minutes ago, lowrider said:

If you local bump has a new Prinoth thank them. Prinoth is a business not a charity

Donald Trump isn't the only one who knows how to use a tax write off .

This won't make a dent in their bottom line, but Prinoth does have a comprehensive selection of logo gear: 

https://prinoth.malga.ca/catalog

I like this t-shirt: https://prinoth.malga.ca/catalog?articleId=38744

If they come back next year, I'm sure they would get a kick out of seeing people in Prinoth gear. 

“Hug your Prinoth driver”.

The pic needs to be restaged, with cat, groomed slope and trench in said groomed slope, all behind the huggers. 

As incentive to come again next year, it could be suggested that they use the opportunity to create ad copy. 

Edited by Rob Stevens

On 2/13/2020 at 8:32 AM, dredman said:

Good times!

E2CCF549-1485-4B1F-AA5F-8DEA5BCAA6E0.jpeg

Thanks to Prinoth for the recyclable beer and keg cooler !

On 2/14/2020 at 4:47 PM, RoroSnow said:

Looks like you guys had had tons of turns and tons of fun in a very friendly ambiance............

Looking at this photo album put a smile on my face and make me wish we had such of an event like this over here.....Thanks for sharing !     

i'm pretty sure you could find a worthy cliff somewhere over there.

11 hours ago, Rob Stevens said:

“Hug your Prinoth driver”.

The pic needs to be restaged, with cat, groomed slope and trench in said groomed slope, all behind the huggers. 

As incentive to come again next year, it could be suggested that they use the opportunity to create ad copy. 

From an IG comment on @montuckyclearcut our operator posted “looking forward to next year!!!!!!!”

ink

Edited by inkaholic
  • Like 2

The LCI representing at MCC!  Please excuse the amateur hour editing and intermittent heaving breathing. D.T. was also there ripping it up with us, but he is one of those professional types and had some important business to attend to while we filmed. As you can tell, it was pretty nice out there.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dredman said:

Well done!  Great riding and great film work!

Just what does LCI stand for?  Lucky Cookie Inspectors?  Look Chimps Investigating? Lost Cyclists Introductions? Lovely Carrot Icicles?

So close.  Lowland Canoeing Individuals.  I believe it is Loveland Carve Initiative.  It originally set out with the purpose to attract people to carving through spectacle and camaraderie.   

• Like 3

10 hours ago, dredman said:

Well done!  Great riding and great film work!

Just what does LCI stand for?  Lucky Cookie Inspectors?  Look Chimps Investigating? Lost Cyclists Introductions? Lovely Carrot Icicles?

Not quite there, but nice try!

10 hours ago, Carvin' Marvin said:

So close.  Lowland Canoeing Individuals.  I believe it is Loveland Carve Initiative.  It originally set out with the purpose to attract people to carving through spectacle and camaraderie.   

You are correct!

Loveland Carve Initiative,

Taking over the mountain 1 rider at a time.

Its a long term plan, a very long term plan

Inspired by a James Bondish dinnerjacket looking shell that I found on a discount rack at a beginning of the season clearance sale, the military guys from the college years of Buffy the Vampire slayer ( The Initiative)  and a bunch of goofballs getting together once  or twice a week to trench up the slopes of Loveland ski area, drink beer, and tell each other how awesome we all are. We even have a secret handshake.

mario

Love the soundtrack of our sticks rending the snow.

Thanks for the edit Aaron, and all of the footy you, Inky, and D.T.  shot!

Edited by big mario
  • Like 4