Note to New Members ×

Coiler Update

daveo

Shared your "dream Coiler build" Here 🙂

175 ish NFCE(Nirvana Free Carve Energy) .4mm Titanal, hammer head, 19/18.5 waist. 12/14 side cut  -- for those carving nirvana day
168 22cm-ish waist 0.4mm BX/EX/AMT hybrid with fix(10m) or small variance VSR (10-11m) -- for those variable conditon
180 ish Monster?
180 Revelation?

so many choices; not enough legs/feet/talents.

I had a few runs on a 187 V4 prototype with a BIG sidecut. It could turn surprisingly tight once tipped up enough. Serious edge grip with the T4 too. I'm dreaming of a shorter version. Bruce is continuing prototype work. 

Or maybe a T4 EC board. 

BTW, the summer build spots are filled. Get in line now boys and girls! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, pow4ever said:

Shared (sic) your "dream Coiler build" Her

I'm going for a revision of that lil' Coiler I picked up from the classifieds. Stretching it to ~169, T4 construction, and making the flex suitable for my build. W00t!

That is if Bruce can find the original design notes... Positive thoughts.... Positive thoughts...

Just got my build spot for October. Thank God I have time to work out what I want. Currently I am thinking along the lines of my PB Bastard, but with improved edgehold and somewhat larger SCR.

By the way, can anybody recommend a shipping service from CA to Europe?

Edited by Aracan

Mine will be based on the shape below but for hardboots. Prob a more gradual decamber to the nose starting further back if Bruce allows .. so prob not lol. Gonna be a hardboot freeride deck. NO TREES though .. geez .. hate trees.

170cm long (145cm eff), 23.5cm wide, 9-12m, 5cm setback, T4, Ptex top.

Prob ride it with Gecko Frees.

MFRjYWS.jpg

Edited by daveo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, daveo said:

Mine will be based on the shape below but for hardboots. Prob a more gradual decamber to the nose starting further back if Bruce allows .. so prob not lol. Gonna be a hardboot freeride deck. NO TREES though .. geez .. hate trees.

170cm long (145cm eff), 23.5cm wide, 9-12m, 5cm setback, T4, Ptex top.

Prob ride it with Gecko Frees.

MFRjYWS.jpg

I like mine. A lot. Not sure what I’d think of a hardboot version. 

Yup, signed up for a summer build spot too, after seeing Shred's new Monster which inspired me to do something I've been meaning to for a few years--replace my 20 yr old 180 Incline that has inserts pulling out and terrible base suck etc.

Despite its 180cm  length it has a friendly 11m scr and with a 23.5cm width it's been my favorite hardboot carver on super soft (1st day) groomers, 6" inch or more pow on top of groom or spring slush surfing. The board that would have been nice to have at MCC:smashfrea...and did not have with me!

Anyway, that's what I told Bruce. Haven't worked out any details other than it will be around 185  or 188cm  with a tight scr for the length, maybe feel like 11-12m? and a similar shape to Shred's new Monster. Bruce already has some ideas...he'll work out the details. Wonder if I should let him pick out the topsheet graphics too?:eek:

• Like 2