Note to New Members ×

BlueB

A few of the kids at the club here have expressed interest in snowboard PS/PGS, but finding boards for them is quasi-impossible.

As for an example F2 Junior Speedster 139 2013/2014: Euro 299.-

The 145cm is sold out!

To set the record straight, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO COPY ANOTHER MANUFACTURERS BOARD AND GET THE SAME RESULTS!!!!!

Thats the point. And countless of copying manufacturers try to make it again and again and again, since now many Years.

Bulat EC 168 / I rode it in the evening on refrozen poorly groomed/day abused runs, it was shockingly hard to ride

Realy?

These hours are the best hours of the day. Refrozen slopes are faster than any early morning slopes ever. Bur for refrozen poorly groomed/day abused runs you need boards which perform. Thats the point where raceboards starts to make unlimited fun! This fun was once the lead, why raceboards became so popular on the European Alps. For soft day with some freshies and perfect groomed slopes You can carve any boards, even any cheap freeride boards with plate bindings on, they will go well also.

Unfortunately it's much harder for board manufacturers to build boards which performs on refrozen poorly groomed/day abused runs well. So any boards of all that countless we-do-copy manufacturers as-we-can will fail than.

As I wrote above different volks need different shapes and boards for different mountains for sure. If riders of upcomming nations think it's great to ride some 150ft high, perfect groomed hills only, they need boards for that. Even if they think just to wobble the hipps, that's carving an alpine board. Maybe they will fail immediatly on other conditions, like we can see it well on that videos of OES if they enter moguls and crash so helpless to them.

Realy?

These hours are the best hours of the day.

Really. You can keep them all, the nasty refrozen evening slopes. And those 65 deg rough ice faces, too. I'm just a sissy Euro/turned African/turned N.American, who prefers nice morning groomers for my carving. Just like 99% of the carvers do...

Why you even bother poluting all the threads with negativism? ?

[

...prefers nice morning groomers for my carving. Just like 99% of the carvers do...

I didn't know Americans prefere nice morning groomers only for carving with hardboots.

For sure we had a longer report this morning on our news about what's going on with Parti Québécois and Pauline Marois after Quebec's provincial election, but about preferences how, when and where to ride alpine snowboards in Canada we are on poor information here.

You know, I just watched how Amarican guys like Jeremy Jones, was riding his Super-G race here on that great video-tape [thread=42271]ISF 1994 Race at Mt Hood Meadows[/thread] some days ago.

So as I remind me well, since 1994 Jones went "deeper" and then he went "further".

So I thought I wouln't be that wrong, showing on that post a picture carving slopes with a 45° gradient. Just because to be accorded to go deeper and further carving on alpine snowboards.

99% of the carvers prefers nice morning groomers only? So say me snowboarding is turning now from fun-sports to recreational-sports?

It's amazing what happends on the World these days. Did You ever see what Russians carver do. They do exact the same. Try to watch Velvet-Pro videos on Youtube channel. They just prefer ultra-wide and no challenge, nice early morning groomers for carving too.

For us domestics of the Alps, these Velvet-Pro videos are such a kind of very boring things ever.

Well in Russia they couldn't ever know what hardbooting is, they have been very busy by Perestroika that Years.

Edited by snowmatic

This thread is going far from the point ....

If you like to discuss about what the snowboarding should be , go another thread or make another thread for this topic .

Anybody can enjoy snowboarding in every style . It is not only for athletes .

For us domestics of the Alps, who are us? Do u represent some kind of a team?

Of course he does, this club:

TrollsSkiClubBanner.jpg

This thread is going far from the point ....

If you like to discuss about what the snowboarding should be, go another thread or make another thread for this topic .

Anybody can enjoy snowboarding in every style . It is not only for athletes .

Don't worry too much about our Euro carver friend, Masahiko. He got kicked out from all Euro forums, so he has to "carve" with us, inferior Bomberites, now ;)

Of course he does, this club:

TrollsSkiClubBanner.jpg

Don't worry too much about our Euro carver friend, Masahiko. He got kicked out from all Euro forums, so he has to "carve" with us, inferior Bomberites, now ;)

Snowmatic took the time to give me a lot of very helpful advice when I was planning a ski trip to the Dolomites this past holiday season -- I really appreciated his help, it was real on-the-ground advice that's hard to come by from over here. At any rate, "troll" isn't really fair. I know there have been some jabs -- on both sides -- but can't we all get along?

Snowmatic took the time to give me a lot of very helpful advice when I was planning a ski trip to the Dolomites this past holiday season -- I really appreciated his help, it was real on-the-ground advice that's hard to come by from over here. At any rate, "troll" isn't really fair. I know there have been some jabs -- on both sides -- but can't we all get along?

Yes, he does give some usefull info, sometimes. He seems to have lots of knowledge of the industry. However, he brings so much negativism in so many threads, instead of bringing the stoke. Combined with superiority complex tone, it comes very close to trolling... But yes, there is space here, on Bomber, for everyone to keyboard carve.

For us domestics of the Alps, who are us? Do u represent some kind of a team?

No team, domestics of the Alps are just guys and girls which lives, works and go snowboarding sometime, but sometime often around some/many skiareas. It tooks 15 to 90 minutes for to go skiing, or snowboarding. A potential for everyone, budget doesn't matter. So buying a lunchtime-skipass (11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.) for skiing instead of having lunch, can be nice for having good time.

And mothers joins skiarea 10 a.m. with an alpineboard for cuting some nice trenches too and leaves then 11 a.m. going home for cooking. And yes, domestics are many time the whole day on skis/snowboards too.

Sharing slopes with worldcup ski riders, training gates can be usual. No separations, it works without crashes, even on narrow tracks and tricky terrain!

For to be clear about that Velvet-Pro videos, the first, second and maybe some vew one more can be funny to watch. But than there is the question, when ever they intend to start snowboarding. Just only posing on ultra-wide easy slope, thats the lower skilled boarders choice, since more than one decade.

TROLLS SKI CLUB

Rather we should talk about a GREEN GROOMERS TROLL SKI CLUB, where rider are testing, comparing and than posting things about new boards, even of boards which are copy of brilliant other ones.

Hey comme on BlueB, go deeper go further, ride positive. Why not supporting Canadian brands. There was once mass production alpine boards, like from Oxbow and Option, all made in Canada.

By the way, what happens with all that nice video-reports "on-the-edge" from that Canadian snowboard team?

Ah well, as the original thread has sensibly been recreated, this one is entertainment then...

European bluntness can put people off real quick. You have to read between the lines. Often I believe the tone is to make you question yourself about what is being discussed. Self reflection or to incite discussion.

I know what you mean, although I think it worth pointing out that in English Europeans at least, you'll find that "reading between the lines" is required because of lack of bluntness. My American mates often laugh about how they have to translate my text to work out what I'm saying and what they need to do about it. These things work both ways.

In my experience the cultural differences across Canada are pretty large; in Europe the scale is smaller, but the differences have been spreading for longer. And we've been killing each other off and on for longer.

Congratulations to Snowmatic for being broad minded enough to allow women to share his slopes between their cooking and ironing chores.

Congratulations to Snowmatic for being broad minded enough to allow women to share his slopes between their cooking and ironing chores.

hehe...

As for the snowmatic comments:

We need to read between the lines..I think Snowmatic is reacting against what he feels is a ripoff from what we started with extremecarving.com and Swoard.

I will not comment much on that topic, but lets say EC.com, Swoard, have contributed directly in helping a handful young (to snowboarding) russian birds to learn how to fly, and now the same birds are building copied nests in the same very small neighborhood.. Patrice feels bitter about it..so is snowmatic from what i can understand...

I'm feeling it's life and not a big deal (when nest building methods are fair)..but this explains a few bad vibes than can be felt on the european freecarving scene, which is otherwise really friendly.

Nils

About boards which are a copy of brilliant other ones I think in conclusion and according to many other test-reports on forum is:

You can test and compare a Porsche to a Honda Civic CRX, it's open to everyone.

But avoid comparing the Porsche against Honda Civic only on rush hours traffic jam.

This is non-sense, even if Your report is full of details.

Congratulations to Snowmatic for being broad minded enough to allow women to share his slopes

Can You imagine that You are absolutely wrong? I mean women allows me to share their slopes, thats it!

Way more than 50% of hardbooters I see on slopes are women. Even from least than 20 female hardbooters I have phonenumbers. This include woman once racing gates in the US too.

It's never a problem of sharing slopes. Slopes are for everyone, sometimes really for everyone, like shown on the sign here on photo:

image.php?id=2E00_53479395&jpg

Oh, I'm really so sorry. I didn't find just quickly a photo from such a sign, without a female hardboot rider on it ;-)

Edited by snowmatic

Can You imagine that You are absolutely wrong?

Snowmatic: Phil was using english sense of humor ;)

Reading between the lines works both ways ( english reading non english, non-english reading english) its not always easy!

N

Can You imagine that You are absolutely wrong? I mean women allows me to share their slopes, thats it!

Way more than 50% of hardbooters I see on slopes are women. Even from least than 20 female hardbooters I have phonenumbers. This include woman once racing gates in the US too.)

If I were still single I'd ask you to share some of those numbers..haha actually Id probably have a good bunch of my own.:lol:

Rather we should talk about a GREEN GROOMERS TROLL SKI CLUB, where rider are testing, comparing and than posting things about new boards, even of boards which are copy of brilliant other ones.

Hey comme on BlueB, go deeper go further, ride positive.

About boards which are a copy of brilliant other ones I think in conclusion and according to many other test-reports on forum is:

You can test and compare a Porsche to a Honda Civic CRX, it's open to everyone.

But avoid comparing the Porsche against Honda Civic only on rush hours traffic jam.

This is non-sense, even if Your report is full of details.

See, this is typical trolling... You create a fictive or twisted scenario, that suites your agenda, then keep on repeating it as facts. On any attempt of reasonable discussion, you bring in million semi/unrelated details, new topics, or resolve to insults...

Why not supporting Canadian brands. There was once mass production alpine boards, like from Oxbow and Option, all made in Canada.

I wrote about Prior boards until I turned blue in the face, for years. I had at least 7-8 of those and rode many more. I also have/had/tried many Coilers. How much extra support is needed?

Don't quite know what happened to Oxbow, they've been history for quite some time. Option outsourced the production to China while ago, I stopped following after that...

Oh, btw, every time you bump this thread you do a favor to OES - more publicity (and as we know from the marketing, every publicity is good publicity) ;)

In that light, just to still remember what this thread was originally all about:

attachment.php?attachmentid=38872&d=1397036986

OES 185 GS, with isocline plate, on the steepest part of Olympic BX slope.

OES 185 GS

Tested in very bad late season conditions in a ski resort 100 km from Rome

http://www.carvers.it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2658&start=120

Great board goes through everything firmly! Semi classic shape, little or no rocker, taper, centered bindings, little setback.

A bit stiff but I've tested it without any plates, maybe could be at it's best with an isocline one.

Must have.

OES Sputnik 175 Withe

Great funcarving board, quick edge to edge, great edge holding, right flex.

The only problem for me , MP295, is the 18cm width.

Edited by jacopodotti

OES 185 GS, with isocline plate, on the steepest part of Olympic BX slope.

Was it at Cypress mountain? Checking Alpine trail map, it must be the Fork trail and the lower Fork trail, which is colored as blue. Blue trails are on same class like blue ones in Europe.

So You show us riding an On Edge Style snowboard on a blue slope, right?

What a great opportunity to ride on an Olympic BX slope!

Just watch a video of one of Olympic snowboardcross runs and take time lap of it. So You know how fast enough you should go on that slope. Why not to ride straight down such a slope on a GS board, without loosing control. It can be called speed. I mean genuine boards are just designed for to do that. They are manoeuvrable, controllable and are running silent on high speed. And beside this, they carve great.

What does speed mean? Speed on a GS board means if it look like this:

image.php?id=AF25_534CD103&jpg

means shutter speed of camera isn't able to freeze snowparticulars, while boardnose remains sharp due to the excellent vibration dampening.

So even on bad and diffuse lights from sky, genuine boards are ready-to-perform on higher speed and even on worse slope conditions. Just because they are made for it and not just to be made as a copy of anything.

By the way:

we know now there is a new Russian snowboard label. That Russian boards are a copy of anything and they are made in Spain and price is low as F2.

So tell me please, why Russian prime minister Dmitry Medvedev, has some Kessler skis? Why he doesn't prefer to go on copy made skis?

Snowmatic, is this a ski forum?

I've met Alexey when he traveled straight from Girona to Ovindoli to let us have a test ride on his boards and surely for marketing reasons.

http://goo.gl/maps/NQkQz

He is a nice guy.

Thank's god there are one more boards builder on the market, I'm sure you know that there are a lot of hard snwobard factory that are nor more in business, just for example Burton, Volk and Nidecker.

I don't know if he have copied something or not, it is not my problem.

If he has(but Sean Martin who is by far one of the best manifacturer in the world said that is not possible http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?41641-On-Edge-Style-%96-OES/page3), he made an excelent job and we can hope that this will push the leaders on the market to go much further in performance and sell boards at more convenient price.

Relax yourself and take a rest. :)

Edited by jacopodotti

Yes jacopodotti I agree, it's a alpine carving board forum here and not a ski forum. But it's good to know Kessler skis sells many time more in Europe, then Kessler snowboards - and there is more than only one single prime minister on Kesslers on the World. It's impossible for me to be on a resort without some skiers on Kesslers, while rider on Kessler snowboards remains rare

no more in business, just for example Burton, Volk and Nidecker.
Didn't You forget to write Rossignol, what can be a very interessting label in case of On-Edge-Style!
but Sean Martin who is by far one of the best manifacturer in the world said ..

You are refering to this? Yes, Sean Martin of Donek is not wrong with his statement. It's even not possible to put one more carbonsheet, or a titanalsheet on a board for some extra $, without giving an new adjustment to the shape and flex pattern for building a perfect snowboard. And it's not possible to start with a broad palette of boards which ride excellent out of own developments. Well You may think, all the builders like Nidecker, Hot, Nitro, Mistral and so on, have been cheesy shapers all the Years, as they offer boards with only 5-8 alpineboard shapes over any lenght and type.

We stay now more and more in a world where copy everything seems to be the lead of any progress.

I give You an example: Doppelmayr has installed 70 ropeways in China. There are even about 140 more Doppelmayr ropeways in China now, which never have been build by Doppelmayr. Someones are with wrong written logos.

ripoff from what we started with extremecarving.com
and others too!
..Patrice feels bitter about it..

A product start to become famous and exclusive only, if there are followers. There are patents on extremcarving?

It's good to know there is one man on the world who is holder of one special patend for skis and snowboards. Out of his sight today, he would never publishing again a patent like this anymore, rather he keep things secret. There are countless of violations against this patent since Years now. Unfortunately that enthiusastic shaper like very much to develop better and better snowboards. He doesn't have time, power and money to go to court. Patent is from 2006 so it's stil not free now.

Even if a society or a company would take hands on it, helping that man against all the violations (there is huge money to earn), that man would be capable to blow out the lights of at least 95% of all ski and snowboard producers/labels on the world.

There is another example. One more clever snowboard builder did publish a patent too for his unique boards. But he/they kept production process secret. For sure many ski and snowboard manufacturer force open the boards and try to do copy - and they failed all without any exception (unstable construction, or not usable for riding). Patent is now free, snowboard label doesen't exist anymore (even there is a remaining stock of new ones - accessable to insiders for sure). Because of a secret process producing the core, no-ones try it ever again.

Icegripp, running silence (I'm talking from very weak slopes too), capability of speed and smoothness to ride can be compared to a 170-y board, even if board is only 153 short. The 160-y compared to a 185 and so on. The faster you go, the more damper and stable the board is. The slower you are, the more lively it is.

Thank's god there are one more boards builder on the market
and many of them are copies of others idea again and again. Genuine boards became more and more rare, because it's easyer to copy than to develope own shapes.And this wouldn't change by new copies like OES seems to be. Even not if based on cheaper's Rossignol mass-production-factory knowledge from Spain.

Diversity of bords is not that big problem yet, we are sparsely on bindings and for sure on boots! Jusk ask children and women, freecarvers and freeriders, what they think about.

Edited by snowmatic