Note to New Members ×

AFC 2023 Feb 2-6

slopestar

Good Friday Morning!

We are once again assembling our band of misfit carvers in Aspen Colorado. AFC 2023 or All Friends Carving. Dates are Thursday, 2/2-2/6. All are welcome. We like to reserve as early as possible, a large group house near Snowmass Village on the bus line. For those heading through CO to Montucky Clear Cut, this is an excellent warm up and is considered "on the way". Thursday 2/2 is usually spent at Copper before moving on to Aspen. Monday 2/6 is usually a ride if you want to before moving on day. These dates are set but no reservation for lodging has been made. Interested parties should contact me directly if you should like to join in on the group house. We would love to see and ride with anyone wanting to participate. We follow in on the heels of Winter X-games and the mountains are usually quite empty. Hope you all are having a great summer and hope that you might join in the fun this winter. definitely the best days of the winter for me. Many of us have extra boards/gear we are willing to demo including www.alloysnow.com. Thank you Bob Limacher/Cold Surf for the Photo

afc.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In case anyone is in the area and hasn't heard yet, Aspen and Snowmass are opening early: Saturday the 19th. No word yet on what runs will be open, but I suspect it will be a typical opening day, i.e. mostly the main runs with snow making capability.

Highlands and Buttermilk openings still scheduled for December.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We are Just a couple weeks away! One bed (bunk room) is still available to anyone looking to bunk up with us. Its a mixed crew of Boarders and Skiers. Katie and I are heading up in a crew cab truck so I will have room for gear shuttle from Denver area to Aspen and back if need be. X-games timing is perfect as they leave on Monday and we arrive Thursday. If you are on your way to MCC from CO, you should probably stop in.  Looking forward to this so much!!!!!

Edited by slopestar
  • Like 2

On 1/25/2023 at 2:58 PM, softbootsurfer said:

Please be aware that the Kids Programs start again at Milk 😜 on Feb. 4th and 5th at Buttermilk...you will not want to be there on those days... Saturdays AVSC, while Sundays are a Special reduced rate, for All VALLEYWIDE children... Great programs, but not so great for Carving 🙃

Sounds like stubby meat gates to me 🤣

ink

• Haha 1

On 1/25/2023 at 2:58 PM, softbootsurfer said:

Please be aware that the Kids Programs start again at Milk 😜 on Feb. 4th and 5th at Buttermilk...you will not want to be there on those days... Saturdays AVSC, while Sundays are a Special reduced rate, for All VALLEYWIDE children... Great programs, but not so great for Carving 🙃

Thanks for the tip. Love milk and Snowmass . Not a huge fan of highlands 

Hello, I think there are different ideas and some are going to Buttermilk. 

For me, it depends on the gondola of Aspen Mtn. I Heard it wasn’t running today and they are re trying to fix it. If they are re fixed, me and another rider will be at Aspen mtn in the morning but if it is not running then Snowmass Friday!

I am checking the gondola issues and grooming report in the morning.