Note to New Members ×

Anyone else ride motorcycles?

Unicorn Poop

Just curious who's got what... I know a few of you have race bikes in your avatars...

'00 Honda RC51. Almost literally, the only thing stock is the VIN...

551127_350173565052419_994674181_n.jpg

'71 Suzuki T500R Titan. Just a Titan with vintage period cafe parts; nothing special...

734285_436101529792955_351593219_n.jpg

'90 Honda VTR250. This thing is a riot to go squid hunting on because it's a 250, and it looks like an early '90's Waverunner.

269388_354276314642144_1541685989_n.jpg

'03 Yamaha YZ85 sumo. This one is just a **** eatin' grin all day long.

292959_384720294931079_740352385_n.jpg

And of course, this is where the '51 winters, along with the previously pictured Titan and a friend's EX250.

548907_404983032904805_781287610_n.jpg

I have a few more, but they're not picture worthy/ ready. '77 Honda GL1000 GoldWing and a '76 Kawasaki KZ750. Both are garage queens/ perpetual projects.

if dirt bike counts... used to have honda cr230.... wanted to buy kawasaki ninja 250cc or krx250...

Of course dirty bikes count. :) I had a '97 CR250 for a season. The bike itself didn't scare me, but riding on the dirt did, so I sold it. As for the Ninja 250, if you're looking for a 250, try to find a '90 VTR250 like mine. I say a '90 because it's the only year with a legitimate front brake and 17" wheels. The Ninjas are a dime a dozen and have been around since '86, but a friend of mine's '12 250 (the one in the picture above) is a turd compared to my VTR. Seriously, it's a bull**** bike. The carburetion is FUBAR, the suspension is both excessively stiff and vague all at the same time. It wanders when going straight, wiggles around when leaned over, has no low and midrange (even for a 250), the brakes are wooden but acceptable for the (lack of) performance and on par with the rest of the bike, the seat is comfortable for about two minutes, and the gauge cluster needs to be tapped on start up in order to get the fuel and tach gauges to work. Mind you, this bike has about 4500 miles on it.

Those Pac Coasts are very interesting bikes. How is it to perform general maintenance on?

Is that 'Blade really as clean as it looks? Beautiful.

post-9863-141842380461_thumb.jpg

My wife's 2009 KLX140, My dad's 2008 WR450F, My step sisters 250EX 4-wheeler, and what is left of my brand new toy hauler after a girl fell asleep on I-95 lost control and T-boned us. My 2011 YZ 450 was at home because I had ACL surgery on both knees this summer and can't ride until February.

I have a garage full! Dirt bikes, street bikes, track bikes and even a GasGas trials bike.

Monodude- Do you ride track days in the Or./Wa. area?

My last time @ PIR was June '04. Tom Young let me have the whole afternoon on his ZX 9. I was knockin' down 12's, and had a ball. I helped Tom with the "track store" for years and called in a favor. I miss racing but decided I'm nearing 60 and the reflexes just aren't what they used to be.

Tell Tom that crazy longhair biker looking guy... Don... said howdy

Don

My last time @ PIR was June '04. Tom Young let me have the whole afternoon on his ZX 9. I was knockin' down 12's, and had a ball. I helped Tom with the "track store" for years and called in a favor. I miss racing but decided I'm nearing 60 and the reflexes just aren't what they used to be.

Tell Tom that crazy longhair biker looking guy... Don... said howdy

Don

Small world, huh? At first I could'nt believe that you knew that I know Tom. Then I remembered everybody who raced, especially when you did, in the Portland area knows him. I'm a part-time control rider for Tom and Al. And my wife, who rides also, does work on their internet stuff.

12's is fast. My best is in the 17's, but we didnt start riding the track until a few years ago and I'm only a couple years younger than you. And I'm slow!!!

Tom says to say hi back to ya. And he said that he seems to remember you raving about how good the brakes were on his ZX9? And BTW, he broke the cam on that same bike the last track day of the year, 1/2 way down the straight at PIR. One of the strangest sights I've ever seen is him riding bitch with Al back into the pits...

Tom says to say hi back to ya. And he said that he seems to remember you raving about how good the brakes were on his ZX9? And BTW, he broke the cam on that same bike the last track day of the year, 1/2 way down the straight at PIR. One of the strangest sights I've ever seen is him riding bitch with Al back into the pits...

Tom's the best... He is a true motorcyclist. His ZX 9 was a "ZLOCK" prepped motor. Yes it had great brakes, thank god because that bike was WOW fast. I'm not a stranger to fast bikes but I think his is the fastest I've ever rode. The suspension felt very stable and confidence inspiring. I set down the fastest times I've ever done and I was somewhat cautious because I'm ridding my buddies bike that I can't afford to crash/buy. The most fun I had was a highly modified '74 RD 350. RZ front end and swingarm modified to accept dual shocks. 220 lbs. and 78HP @ the wheel. Naked with no fairings. I ran consistent 21/22's. post-1451-141842381928_thumb.jpg

Pic from the last time on Tom's ZX 9

Small world, huh? At first I could'nt believe that you knew that I know Tom. Then I remembered everybody who raced, especially when you did, in the Portland area knows him. I'm a part-time control rider for Tom and Al. And my wife, who rides also, does work on their internet stuff.

12's is fast. My best is in the 17's, but we didnt start riding the track until a few years ago and I'm only a couple years younger than you. And I'm slow!!!

I'm not a moto rider myself, but my buddy Harrison started racing Ninjas last season. I went out to watch him race at PIR in August. That $*** is pretty bad ass; I can't imagine mixing it up in the turns like that, especially on the bigger bikes. I'm trying to get him onto a carving board, but he says he's too worried about injuring himself and missing the moto season. (Just the opposite of what I'd be worried about if I rode moto.)