Note to New Members ×

My Season in NUMBERS......

kinpa

so here it is!!!! My final tally.... Since the season is now officially over here, I thought maybe I'd share some numbers with you guys. Besides, I don't think my Facebook friends would get the same amount of appreciation out of it... so here goes:

33 days total on snow from 11/20/11 thru 4/15/12

of those days:

9 days were with BOL'ers (Thanks guys for the fun at WTF and NICE!!!!)

8 days sliding with my kids (would have been more if my daughter hadn't broken her foot)

20 days teaching at Lookout (home mountain)

total of 5 different ski areas (all within about 3 1/2 hours from home)

and..... drumroll please.....

the best of all.....

11 days with my new boyfriend :1luvu: hehehe.....

33 days might not seem like a lot, but I think I'm doing ok for a single mom with two kids and a full-time desk job!!! and the teaching commitment (thanks to my ski school director who is ok with my one day a week commitment!)

now, if we were to count the number of days sitting at my desk staring out the window WISHING I was at the mountain..... sigh.....

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember back in the day when I was growing up in Pennsylvania, a 3 month season was considered a VERY sucessfull season.... a move west gets me another good two months.... and I'm sure some of you have an even longer season! I wish I could say I was riding hard all 33 days, but as an instructor, I've spent my fair share of time on the beginner hill and standing around.... but hey, I'm NOT complaining one bit! I LOVE teaching!

Only 44 days (several in CO, w00t!)... but 137 completed trips through the gates!

I'm #1 in the 40-44 age group in snowboard national NASTAR. (Thanks for getting older Scott M.!) See you in the 45-49 group next year. :D

All in all a great year for recovering from my injury. Can't wait until next season!

Congratulations Kinpa....reading about your season made me want to share mine!!

Edited by lonbordin

reading about your season made me want to share mine!!

that was my intention! Maybe everyone else will share too..... Except for you lucky ones that haven't hit that "end of season" status yet!

lonbordin.... Congrats on a successful season! Here's to many more to come!

Well I did alright 65 days before breaking my leg. 2 alpine events, 5 resorts and 2 countries. Still hoping to maybe add a day @ hood if the leg and finances allow. Didn't get my 100 days but still respectable. Great job kinpa glad I got to ride with you.

32 days total, all at Stevens Pass. Final day 4/15. Too cheap to travel this year.

Started late due to shoulder surgery. Last year 42 days.

9 days were on my new North Fork Pow Reaper, and 6 of those were bottomless, so by far my best powder season.

The combination and variety of powder in trees and high speed groomer carving was cool!

Huh, I didn't keep too precise record, but it would be under 35 days, up to the season ending injury on March 23rd... Hopefuly one last "yahoo" to close the season at Blackcomb, end of May...

Out of that number, about 12-15 days would be with my kid, some of the other number teaching/freeriding combined. I do not think I had any real deep pow days this season.

Only 24 days for me. We had a rather strange winter, with lots of snow, but also lots of rain in between, and a few illnesses in the family to boot. Plus my home mountain closes on Monday after Easter no matter what the snow situation is. I hope to get a head start into 12/13 season with a Pureboarding camp - financial situation permitting :-/

yeah... :o

Warmest winter on record in the Ice Coast's Southernmost Carve Outpost. A light, flaky skim one night with a fast-moving Alberta Clipper. That was it for our little corner of Possum Pouch.

Still, that's no excuse, and I'm really jonesing for snow, supremely quiet lift rides through the trees, and still, peaceful descents through easy glades...

On the bright side, just ordered a "land yacht", gondolier style skateboard to start conditioning for next season while my son works out on the local rock club walls. And looking forward to a summer of riding little peelers on the coast.

Hope, like snow, springs eternal

Peace

BB :biggthump

Edited by boarderboy

I don't keep track of # of days, but I'd estimate around 20. It was a late start and an early end around here. 1 day was impossibly-soft slush, 2 glare ice, but the rest were good or great snow in various states of groom. A good learning year for me.

We're going to try my daughter on skis next winter, so I'm hoping for it being a bit easier for the family to find time to get to the hills! However, I'll probably spend less time riding and more time playing with her and instilling the love of snow. That's a good trade-off in my mind!

We're moving pretty soon, we'll be within a 15-minute drive of a ski area with around 80' of vert with a quad chairlift. Seriously. They were in a Warren Miller film for having the world's shortest quad. Might be fun for my daughter but pretty lame on even a slalom board. Drawback: No pavement/concrete right out my front door to play on the longboard. :( Tons of room for cycling/cars though!

We're moving pretty soon, we'll be within a 15-minute drive of a ski area with around 80' of vert with a quad chairlift. Seriously. They were in a Warren Miller film for having the world's shortest quad. Might be fun for my daughter but pretty lame on even a slalom board. Drawback: No pavement/concrete right out my front door to play on the longboard. :( Tons of room for cycling/cars though!

$430 for a season pass :eek:

We're going to try my daughter on skis next winter, so I'm hoping for it being a bit easier for the family to find time to get to the hills! However, I'll probably spend less time riding and more time playing with her and instilling the love of snow. That's a good trade-off in my mind!

How old is your daughter, corey? My daughter is now 10 and doing great.... I'd reccommend http://store.applerise.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=ARS&Category_Code=1000

Although, my 5 year old son, a different story.... what do you do with a kid who's afraid of hights???? skiing might just not work for him if we can't get him out of this little issue

Well, 75 days and STILL counting! We got 4 more weeks left in our season and I'm not missing one minute of it!.

I'm blessed with a free seasons pass and being less than a half mile from the largest ski area in N. America, so I can go out for a couple hours whenever I want and not miss work of any consequence.

I count my blessings every day!

120" base within 25 minutes. Last Sunday was 34 and counting. It looks great for spring skiing this weekend. Clear and might be cold at night. So at least 36 for the year! under last year, but still loved every single turn and will need to make up the difference next year.

Just added 1 more day post season hiking in fresh corn at Schwietzer Tue. to make a total around 50 days. still 10 ft deep snow pack.

Pretty low count for a near 5 month season this year, blessed with early snow mid Nov.

As the saying goes; Money and no time or time and no money... the latter for me.

Edited by b0ardski