Note to New Members ×

Is your season over?

kinpa

Is your season over?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Is your season over?

• No, still riding, or still have plans to ride.
    • Yes, due to an injury.
    • Yes, due to home mountain being closed for the season.
    • Yes, due to other circumstances. (explain below)

Trip to mt st anne Quebec 80 on saturday .Front of board on snow tail kicking up sparks. Water was running down the hill faster than skiers. Saw total 3 Hardbooters.Those Bas***** at Resorts of the CANADIAN rockies sure can lie there asses off about conditions 1500 km later i think i would do it again.You guys in the south west are SPOILED ! in a good way.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've got TONS of new snow over the last 10 days!

Cypress is officially extended from 5th of April to at least 16th.

Weather Conditions

Weather Conditions: Snowing

Temperature: -1 C

Visibility: Variable

Winds: Light

Snow Conditions

New Snow (Over Night): 4 cm

New Snow (Last 24 hrs): 11 cm

New Snow (7 days): 129 cm

Total Snow Fall (Season): 787 cm

Alpine Snow Conditions: Machine Groomed with New Snow

Snow Depth (Mid Mtn.): 430 cm

Yep season not over yet!:D

Welcome to British Columbia weather pattern, no snow from Jan - March'10 and now...:1luvu:http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27105&page=8

VANCOUVER Best Town Location in the world (...I think) with in 2 hours - 6 mountains (1 across the border) to choose from.:biggthump. Not to mention the LAKES and the OCEAN within minutes for summer cool off sports:rolleyes:

No complain from this side :eplus2:,well u have to pay double tax thou:o

Cheers

RT:)

hehehehe...... looky here shred..... I started a somewhat successful thread! hahahha...... not bad for a Montana girl (ok, so born and bred in PA, but I now consider Montana my home!) ..... but Shred, some day I only aspire to be as great as you!

:1luvu:

(just to make sure that sarcasm comes across well on this typed message)

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=FINELINECLUB#p/a/u/0/eFHjhgnU1O0

<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFHjhgnU1O0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFHjhgnU1O0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>

hehehehe...... looky here shred..... I started a somewhat successful thread! hahahha...... not bad for a Montana girl (ok, so born and bred in PA, but I now consider Montana my home!) ..... but Shred, some day I only aspire to be as great as you!

:1luvu:

(just to make sure that sarcasm comes across well on this typed message)

successful maybe, but I'd call it a gloat, or cry thread (and I'm crying :( )

Good lord Bryan, no one is there.

Looks awesome.

YES< With the kids back in school it was a much lighter turn-out. It was not forecast to get as much snow as what fell over-night. Sort of caught folks off guard. That and we were sort of finishing our day at a little fixed grip chair after most of the other runs were tracked.

I heard Woooo Hooooo:lol::biggthump:p:flamethro

I also "heard" if we get a good amount of snow in April and temps hold through May a bit close date could "potentially" be extended further. The latest Mammoth has stayed open is I believe August 23rd. Wouldn't it be a hoot if it stayed open even later in July? Ride in the morning and Mtn bike in the afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I put down earlier that my local area had closed but, I got to ride this past Sunday at Powder Mountain, Utah with a buddy and I'll be back again this coming weekend. VIP passes, and my two favorite types of beer: free and cold. The conditions were leftover powder that had set-up and was a wet powder consistency in the morning and by mid-day it was like a frozen margarita (slushy). Still, very, very fun to ride and the groomers were solid, too.

We had as much fun laughing and yucking it up in the parking lot as we did on the hill. There is much to be said for running with a posse of people who love carving, snowboarding, skiing, and the winter stoke.

Mark

A couple of years ago, we drove out to Alberta and spent a week at closed-down Fortress Mountain ski area...not a SOUL there anywhere! We camped out at one of the maintanence parking lots and hiked and snowshoed up to to the snow...great riding every day!!!..and this was late June.

Heading up there tomorrow to mid-winter pow.

Have a look at the vid from last year I posted in the Surf-Style Carving thread.

Interesting to see that as the numbers in this poll climb, the percentages are still about the same.... does this mean that 52% of the people responding to this poll live in areas with big mountains, lots of snow and a long winter???? Maybe the poll should be changed to something along the lines of who is still able to ride at his/her home mountain?

Vermont is just about done. Amazing what a week of warm weather can do. Killington had upward of 72 trials open last weekend with supposedly great conditions. They're down to 13 now--which amount to 3 top to bottom, bumped-up runs with several hundred people trying to get down them. :barf: Storage wax is coming out. At least I got the wife a great deal on a jacket during the spring sales.