Note to New Members ×

Favorite wax for carving

Sultan Guy

I have limited experience with the huge variety of wax types that are available and tried a few on an all mountain type board in the past.

Has anyone found a particular type of wax that works better for carving?

I was especially thinking of which waxes last longer on hard pack. :rolleyes:

I have a TON of wax but I've been using dominator and swix more than anything else.

if I am waxing temp specific I use the swix system, if I am waxing and I don't what the weather is gonna be like I use dominator graphitezoom. that wax is the best all temp wax I have found. so, graphite zoom is what goes on my boards that I don't ride as much and I can't predict the weather for.

one product I can't live without is dominator's graphite renew zoom, it's the best base prep and base cleaning wax I have come across.

T.Stoughton has been working on some magic wax that the LCI has been testing since last season. It is long lasting, fast, and has been working in temps from +45f to -5f. I have been getting at least 4 days between waxings at 250lbs. Good stuff, not yet available to the general public. I may have said to much already,

mario

I have a TON of wax but I've been using dominator and swix more than anything else.

if I am waxing temp specific I use the swix system, if I am waxing and I don't what the weather is gonna be like I use dominator graphitezoom. that wax is the best all temp wax I have found. so, graphite zoom is what goes on my boards that I don't ride as much and I can't predict the weather for.

one product I can't live without is dominator's graphite renew zoom, it's the best base prep and base cleaning wax I have come across.

Ditto for this...

If you have the time/money, it's hard to beat SWIX CH wax in the "Bang for Your Buck" department... If you are looking for a general All-Temp deal, Dominator is hard to beat... I got a 400g bar of their Zoom, and it lasted the better part of 2 seasons... Never really had a problem with it sticking except at extremely low (-5*F) temps....

Ditto for this...

If you have the time/money, it's hard to beat SWIX CH wax in the "Bang for Your Buck" department... If you are looking for a general All-Temp deal, Dominator is hard to beat... I got a 400g bar of their Zoom, and it lasted the better part of 2 seasons... Never really had a problem with it sticking except at extremely low (-5*F) temps....

yessir, I bought one of these awhile ago. best wax deal I know of http://www.reliableracing.com/detail.cfm?edp=10700532

I usually get base burn up to about 1/2" in from the edges as that's the only part touching the snow when I ride. The middle usually looks just like it did after I scraped it! So I use a hard wax along the edges and whatever I have for the center.

I got a big blue brick from a local shop that had "-25C" written on the tub/case in marker. They practically gave it away as it's pretty hard, almost brittle when cold. The key is to use some tex cloth between the iron and the base for the last passes to minimize scraping. Works great, lasts much longer on our cold man-made snow.

What about scented candles?

Use holiday spice over christmas week and island breeze during the pineapple express.:lol:

I use cold green swix universal (cheap) as a base, and add on dominator graphite or one balljay highflouro graphite blackmagic or summerslush when the snow gets warm and dirty

I rub on, then iron in, more green swix or dominator (depending on how cold it is) at the edges after every day on hardpack.

Can anyone tell me anything about this wax?

http://www.amazon.com/Toko-Hydrocarbon-Wax-Snowboards-Warm/dp/B002UMDJWW/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1261065921&sr=1-21

It's a deal at the price, but I'd need something which would work ok in all conditions, since I hate waxing and am NOT going to fool around with temperature specific waxes.

PAM cooking spray... :1luvu: Ive never had a turkey stick while carving it :)

wait.... OHHHHHHH well One ball Jay is what I like. I only put it on the edges to about 3 inches in twards the center of the base. then I use a rub on wax. Im almost never off edge while riding, so a center base wax last all season LOL.

• 1 month later...

I got a tip from Brian at the Race Place here in Bend, Oregon for a paste wax to use in between waxings and such.

Dominator MOMENTIUM O2 for old snow. This stuff works great for all different kinds of conditions when you want to put on a layer and don't have a time for a full wax.

Check it out:

http://www.dominatorwax.com/momentium.html