Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Sunday Sunday Sunday

Light crew again this week with Ice, Slopestar, Dusty Bottle, Lil' Miss Haily and myself.  DT talked a good game, but when it came down to it, the snooze button was more appealing than braving a ride in the silver sled and the cold windy slopes of lovey.  Managed to get 11 in before it got to kooky and racery.  Short bus starts running next Saturday, giving us a bit of refuge from the wind as well the kookorama.  Looking forward to next sunday.  

Mario

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big mario said:

Sunday Sunday Sunday

Light crew again this week with Ice, Slopestar, Dusty Bottle, Lil' Miss Haily and myself.  DT talked a good game, but when it came down to it, the snooze button was more appealing than braving a ride in the silver sled and the cold windy slopes of lovey.  Managed to get 11 in before it got to kooky and racery.  Short bus starts running next Saturday, giving us a bit of refuge from the wind as well the kookorama.  Looking forward to next sunday.  

Mario

Talk is all I've got!

• Haha 3

On 12/5/2019 at 9:22 PM, arneburner said:

Anyone on here riding Lovy tomorrow (Friday)?  Sorry, not ready for weekends yet.

2 hours ago, JohnE said:

Looks like they got a little snow over the last several days. How are conditions?

More snow today. Was good on Friday. Should be better now. 

Ride update, Sunday Dec 5.

I know I'm a week late on this.  It has been a hellacious  week for me, glad its done, My apologies for anyone I miss.

Core LCI out last Sunday, with Dustin, Ice, Ink and myself. Riding was good, really good. So good I managed to rip off 10+ nonstops. Sorry about that Dustin, but you gots to get out before the first week in December if'n you want to avoid my lunacy, and associated pain. All in all a very good day.

Sunday,Dec 15

Same group as last week, with the addition of Shelly and her Beau Ken.  Was expecting Slopestar, but I don't think he made it.  Shitload of new since Thursday,  pert near 3 feet.  Groom was surprisingly firm, though I did manage to nearly bury the nose of my 200cm slalom board a few times.  I broke out the new to me 200 tanker for its inaugural thrashing, and it didn't let me down, though I may need to tweak my stance on those lower angles a bit. Out again next Sunday, with a possibility of Christmas eve play date as well.

Mario

Ps. Jacked my back on 2 consecutive runs crossing my own tracks. Cut my day short

Edited by big mario

First day of the season for us last Friday. Didn't expect so much new snow. Left the Dino lot at 7AM. Traffic was heavy but moving OK until about Bakerville. Then slowed up to the exit. Got to the lot about 8AM.

Mid-winter conditions: 15 degrees, snowing hard. About 12" new overnight. Did several laps on Ptarmigan and then the wind picked up. Ground blizzards and zero visibility. The snow was really good until it got chopped up and then bounced us around quite a bit. I think we got about 10 runs in on Ptarmigan and #6 and quit about 11:30. 

Heavy traffic both ways until about Silverplume. Passed a couple of cars (SUVs actually) going 5 - 10 MPH in the left lane and blocking all traffic. Really? From there on it was clear sailing home. 

Good day. May try again this Friday. 

My first time up. Pretty cold on the chair, but great when you got below the wind. Seemed like good coverage everywhere that was open. I'm still figuring out the right order to link runs and lifts, but I had a great time.

There seems to be some sort of traffic regulation, possibly metering traffic volume in the area around Silverplume and the other micro towns in that stretch. I have no idea if that is standard this time of year or if something is going on. Roads otherwise are clear.

• Like 1