Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

So.... I bought a house in southern Oregon. We will be moving in about 6 weeks. My new home mountain will be Mt. Ashland. Gonna miss all you fruitbooter hooligans. Thanks for the support, friendship, and acceptance of this red-headed stepchild of the snow sliding world.

Don

• Sad 5

11 hours ago, monodude said:

So.... I bought a house in southern Oregon. We will be moving in about 6 weeks. My new home mountain will be Mt. Ashland. Gonna miss all you fruitbooter hooligans. Thanks for the support, friendship, and acceptance of this red-headed stepchild of the snow sliding world.

Don

Gonna make any of the last weekends?

Great riding with you Don. I recall some great mid-week powder days. 

Yesterday was about 4" of new on top of concrete. Snowing & blowing all day. Visibility above timberline was about zero. The snow would have been OK if one could see it. Awesome (Lift #8) sucked. Turtle Creek was awesome. Short day. The new snow should extend the season a bit until the next warm day.  

Happy Trails Don!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JohnE said:

How was the weekend?

I was waiting for someone else to chime in here. So I will just post the facts. In attendance:

Arne, Big Mario, The Dude, Chris, X racer Hillary, Kevin, Dusty Bottle, Dennis, Myself with wife Katie and Daughter Julia and the ill-fated Odd Job... conditions were a little soft but some of our favorite pitches had great carving to be had. 

We normally toast the end of day with a salute to no injuries. Today we toasted no deaths. Juhwan/Odd Job was taken out by from behind. A skier on a completely empty run clocked him from side(behind) and caused the collision resulting in stitches under the eye for Juhwan and a broken leg for the skier. He admitted fault and Arne has the video credit. Other than that, it was a fun day?

Edited by slopestar
Edited for anonymity
  • Sad 3

Ouch - 

Thank God for video. Maybe dash-cams will become required equipment for carvers. The innocent party's attorney will love them. 

I'm planning on going up this Friday (conditions dependent). May be the last day this season for me. 

OddJob, glad to hear it was only cosmetic.  👍

So...where's the video? Might make for a good PSA.  I've seen it go down much worse, more than a few times, and I'm always amazed at how fast it happens.  A missed glance uphill? A misjudgement on closing speed of the kook barreling down on you?  Not everyone knows or lives by The Code, so we need to be extra diligent to train ourselves with as much data as possible to avoid these scenarios when possible.  A LOT of time transpires from that look uphill to exiting heelside where we are essentially blind to all that potential energy up there.  I bet there's a LOT of data in that video to learn from...

20 hours ago, inkaholic said:

Dang!

Both to the Dude moving on and the OddJob accident. Glad it wasn’t worse. Dude, you will be missed but we do still expect to see you come around some during winter. A HOUSE?!? 😳 Water heater did ya in?

ink

Needed to get Sheila to a lower elevation. $61K for 1.3 acres AND a house. Might sell in a couple years after giving it the treatment. Probably double my money

• Like 1