Note to New Members ร—

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Hello guys,

I was visiting your playground this past weekend. I was stoked to see so many alpine riders at once. Even shared few rides with some of you. I am the only one at my home hill (Snow Creek MO).

The main goal of the trip was to introduce my grand kid to a real mountain and he loved it. The weather and snow condition were great.

I hope to make some runs with you guys in future and perhaps learn some.

• Like 1

Hey Konstantin,

Glad to see you back at lovey, sorry I wasn't more social sunday, I was a little crazed and mission focused, so much that I didnt even give you a shout out in my post ride ramblings.ย  Let us know next time you make the trip out here, and we will see you over at chet's @ 8:30

Edited by big mario
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, inkaholic said:

JohnE,

Like what Mr John Deere typed, Speedie Stevie is one of my former athletes along with Mrย John Deere. ย Right JD, definite right glove violation. Time to take the gloves away again.ย 

However I treated each of my athletes the same, whether a kid finding an online school for himself so he could be on snow more or a goon outa Loon. Great times with a bunch of great athletes.ย 

Ink

Bull Fuhkkin shit, he was the teachers pet and you know it.ย 

You used to make me carry not only his board to the lift from the locker room, I think Reamus and I had to split his share of the panel hauling, along with our heavier fata$$ share. Meanwhile you and DFJ's were applying tan accelerator and ordering double Latte's while the snow mobile warmed up.ย 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, kkboarder said:

Hello guys,

I was visiting your playground this past weekend. I was stoked to see so many alpine riders at once. Even shared few rides with some of you. I am the only one at my home hill (Snow Creek MO).

The main goal of the trip was to introduce my grand kid to a real mountain and he loved it. The weather and snow condition were great.

I hope to make some runs with you guys in future and perhaps learn some.

Great to meet and chat, if only for a minute!ย  I think we had close to a dozen hooligans making tracks on Sunday!ย ย Let us know before your next trip and we can at least get you a discount on your lift ticket!

James

• Like 1

Monday was even better than Sunday. Awesome groom and conditions. Only did a half day since my legs were smoked from riding open to close the two days prior. Always a good time riding with the luvย crew. I might be back, the weekend after next. It was certainly fun destroying the valley with @big marioย and Aron(?). I even almost felt sorry for theย n00bs that were tripping over our trenches....almost. ๐Ÿ˜›ย 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Spring has sprung.ย  Hailey and I slipped offย to Lovey today and it was actually normal conditions of low light, colder than forecasted tempsย andย breezy lift rides.ย  Almost fallingย in Chet's lift line at 9:00 on solid ice was a hint of things to come on the restย of the mountain.ย  Mambo to Homerun, back up and over to Fire Bowl and a couple trips down Drifter proved we needย snow and cooler temps.ย  The warm up yesterdayย and theย overnightย freeze left literal marbles, plate and the occasional scrape stash.ย  Ice chunks were prevalent everywhere.ย  The Nirvana was impressive again, but it was so variable, hitting said scrape stashes and blowing up big snow clouds brought lots of giggles from Hailey.ย ย Crowds didn't totally suck considering most of CO is on Spring Break.ย  When we left at 1:00,ย the skies wereย getting dark, so hopefully it stays cooler and we get enough snow over the next couple of days to make a difference.ย  If not, sharpย edges will be the ticket for Sunday!

See you then!
James

Edited by Dusty Bottle
Getting old sux and.... never mind, now I forgot!

Wednesday was great. Cloudless sky all day. Most of the others on the slopes were spring break skiers from Kansas, Nebraska, etc. (easy to predict and get around).ย ย Warm but not too warm. Great groom conditions: Fire Bowl, Turtle Creek, Drifter, Deuces Wild, Roulette, Mercury, Rookie Road, Telstar, and Chet's Run. I think we got in about 16 runs between 9am & 1pm. Barely enough legs to get down Face at the end of our day.ย 

1 hour ago, JohnE said:

Last year the slopes held up pretty well all through April. Didn't get into the melt/freeze cycle until very late in April.ย 

Don't know if we will be so lucky this season.ย 

i wll also be riding on Monday, April 1st. You and gregย should plan on coming out that monday too!

The only one of my kind.

Haven't felt this way since pete would ditch me for beaver creek back in the day when we were the only two.ย  Now I know why the Dude ditches us whenever his monofreak friends showup.

I was torn about going to the basin today for Aaron's soiree, or staying at lovey for what will be my last chance of the season for shortbus runs, next sunday is the last day over there, and with twist and switchback both closed on Saturday and sunday for races, I figured I needed to get while the getting was still possible.ย  The Dude showed up so I wasn't totally on my lonesome own.ย  After couple off of reload, I was able to goad Don into a few off of scrub, where we saw that they had groomed Fricken PRIMER BOWL!!! we parted ways after 2runs, and I headed over to 9, where I got stuckย  1/3 of the way up for 15 minutes because some jackass ran out of quarters for the damn lift.ย  I watched helplessly as the clouds made their way over the Ridge, and the bright sunny day went bubye. Sucks being up there in flat no light in your bright light googles, I ended up making my way down without too much embarrassment, off piste 'cause I lost the groom, on that little JJA. didn't biff once.ย  Down to the base for a quick goggle change, and on to the shortbus. Lapped switch back for 6 or so and headed over to zigzag and back to the base. It was firm over there, mes of about 1.5. Whilst waiting for the shortbus, a softy rider that was over there making some nice turns, strolled up. We were out of sync on the hill, me on the lift, and he was on the run, and visa versa.. Mike was on an Arbor with clickers, and was very interested in my setup. Told him about ASF, Bomber by Gumbo ectโ€ฆ When I got on the short bus, I was greeted by the driver with " cool, a carver", Apparentlyย  he has been watching us for a while, and has adopted a forward stance, and tries to follow ourย lines after we have moved on.ย  All in all a good day, but bittersweet as the days get longer and the season shorter.

see you next Sunday

Mario

Edited by big mario
  • Like 3

Heyo, everybody!

Sorry I haven't been around but the achilles has taken a little longer to reahab than expected. Looks like it's been awesome and I hope everyone had a blast! If anyone is going down Salida way, the wifey and I will be at Monarch tomorrow and Monday and I plan on breaking out the new/old Coiler 177 for the first time. Hopefully I won't freak out the Texans too much, hehehe.

If I don't see anyone this weekend, have fun and dig some deep trenches. I start a new job next week that is going to open up week days until the end of the season too, soย I will pop in to see if anyone wants to ride or carpool.ย 

Cheers and Mahalo, John

15 hours ago, Carvin' Marvin said:

Anyone got an extra 4pak day they are willing to let loose?ย  I'm maybe trying to come up 4/7 and y'all can try this shiny new Thirst out.

Cannot help you there, though I could do the buddy pass thing again if you are so inclined.

Johan, apparently I am really inept with my camera, the only time I hit the go button was when I was pulling it down, andย  thought I was stopping it.ย  Sorryย for that 2 seconds of lameness

Small crew out today, starting with The Dude, Johann and myself. Jeff was out with Bob, and there was a pair of randoms that I had never seen before, nor did our trenches cross. After a quick warmup off of reload, Johann and I slid on over to 4, ditching Don in our pursuit of stupid steep. Scrub was groomed from tree island to lift line, and was consistent, firm, and fast. We once again hit the lovey lottery with some of the best conditionsย  I have ever experienced over there. After 4 fast A$$ kicking runs there, crowds where beggining to ramp up, and my legs were giving out.ย  We took the lift up again, hit telestar and the Indy 500 turn, dropped into the valley, and made our way over to 6 and Roulette, where we met up with late comer Odd Job. After another 6 or so there, I called it on my way back down to 1, I was just happy to ride as hard as I did today after fighting off a cold for the last few days

Mario

Edited by big mario
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, big mario said:

Cannot help you there, though I could do the buddy pass thing again if you are so inclined.

Johan, apparently I am really inept with my camera, the only time I hit the go button was when I was pulling it down, andย  thought I was stopping it.ย  Sorryย for that 2 seconds of lameness

Small crew out today, starting with The Dude, Johann and myself. Jeff was out with Bob, and there was a pair of randoms that I had never seen before, nor did our trenches cross. After a quick warmup off of reload, Johann and I slid on over to 4, ditching Don in our pursuit of stupid steep. Scrub was groomed from tree island to lift line, and was consistent, firm, and fast. We once again hit the lovey lottery with some of the best conditionsย  I have ever experienced over there. After 4 fast A$$ kicking runs there, crowds where beggining to ramp up, and my legs were giving out.ย  We took the lift up again, hit telestar and the Indy 500 turn, dropped into the valley, and made our way over to 6 and Roulette, where we met up with late comer Odd Job. After another 6 or so there, I called it on my way back down to 1, I was just happy to ride as hard as I did today after fighting off a cold for the last few days

Mario

We stayed until 3ish. We lapped roulette a bit and ended with a few laps on 1.ย  And my nirvana, it turns out, is ****ing awesome without the sidewinders, in better conditions, and not being tired.ย  I think Saturdayย i was just tired due to lack of sleep and the conditions on Saturday were very caca. Odd job got some good video of me, i'llย post it once it's uploaded to the tubes.

Thanks for taking me over to scrub! that was amazing steepness, despite some random chunks. You were right, after scrub, roulette was cake.ย 

Awesome riding with the lovย crew, as always!

I will be there tomorrow as well for half a day. Then heading back to boring flat Texas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, big mario said:

Mario

Bummed I missed the antics theย last couple of weeks.ย  Helped the kids move last weekend and even thoughย Hailey was up at 5amย yesterday and ready toย "ride with the LCI", an 8 yr old with a queasyย tummy can beย hard on the beemer upholstery, so we opted to stay home and rest.ย  She told me to goย without her, but... well... you know.ย  She did however, make me promise we'd show up next week.

Soย we'll see you hooligans Sunday!

James

Edited by Dusty Bottle
Feldergarb!
  • Like 2

Miss riding with all of you. Our pass hopping tendencies have allowed us to explore, ride with new people on new terrain andย generally figure it all out? I donโ€™t know if we got the last one or if we ever will. Looks like we will catch some days with the kids at Loveland from the 13th to theย 21stย of this month.

hope to make some laps with you all before itโ€™s all done.

• Like 4

At Loveland yesterday. Crowds have disappeared. Snow was good. Good groom from the night before with about 2" of new on top. Visibility was very poor. Snowed lightly on & off most of the day. Did some runs on Chet's, Ptarmigan, #6, #4 and wound up on #8. Clouds lifted around 11 AM. Nice soft carving on Chet's Run and great untracked runs on In The Mood. About 4" on top of soft, crunchy snow.ย 

Snow looks like it is holding up pretty well for the season. Should be good for the weekend.ย 

• Like 2