Note to New Members ×

November 1st....any TD3 updates?

Fastskiguy

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finpin? :)

Great idea to improve (durability vise for sure) the Intec standard!

My guess is that will be some engineered flex (a la f2) in the TD3

(since stiffness was the only real complain ever)

uhh... there is a pantload of engineered flex in the TD2... :confused:

I dunno, I ride both F2's and TD2's and I prefer the *feel* of the F2's on most of my decks. The TD2's are equally responsive in all directions, where the F2's are just as responsive as TD2's in a fore-aft direction, the response to side-side is somewhat dampened. I never really saw the appeal of this till I did USASA last year. "Real" racers say it helps in the ruts. I say it helps even on a clean course, as I find myself needing to catch my balance a lot more on a race course than I expected. I also found it easier to do this with an interface that is less responsive side to side.

I prefer the F2 feel on wider boards (angles low 50's and below) and the TD2's on skinnier boards (angles high 50's and up).

Now having said that, all that plastic in the F2 toe and heel block is a concern. If the TD3 promises a more F2-like ride, I'll be at the head of the line to buy a pair. The Td2 may have an engineered *flex* but the *feel* is still more solid.

If not I'm sure I'll get a pair, but not right away.

BTW I do find the Burton race plate feel "too sloppy".

I found the TD2's be okay. Also in responsiveness. Could be even a little more, that's just my opinion (with titanal decks). I hope we get a firm stepin system with no snow under or in my backfoot anymore. That's the only downside of td2 stepin now. Just be patient, Fin's gonna throw something durable in again.........

I want a pair of TD3's so bad and I don't even know if I'll like them or not. All I've seen is a piece of TD3 urethane ring, an (aluminum? Titanal?) billet formed into an Intec heel assembly and I don't know how many page views I've got of this thread while waiting for more information.

Oh cruel, cruel Fin! I mean, Oh wise, wise Fin!!!!

Why can't you just market like Ron Popeil? Go on TV with an info-mercial, wearing an apron, in the kitchen, and showing the world and a mesmerized studio audience what the TD3 can do to a pork roast?

Puh-leeeeezeee!

Mark

Fin is out of town starting today for a week. He is offline until this Thursday and then he will have email. I don't know if he will be able to make any announcements before the 13th, or if Michelle will. I haven't been authorized to say anything about the TD3.

Fin is out of town starting today for a week. He is offline until this Thursday and then he will have email. I don't know if he will be able to make any announcements before the 13th, or if Michelle will. I haven't been authorized to say anything about the TD3.

Hey now, the 13th is clearly *MID* November! I feel gypped!

It should really be on a Tuesday morning. And Fin should wear jeans and a black mock turtleneck. And don't forget the "Oh, one more thing...." part!

I still feel gypped!

Doesn't really REVEAL anything.

What are you guys waiting for?

People are already lined up waiting to buy it.

Just show the whole thing already!

Makes just want to buy some TD2s so I don't have to wait.

Ah yes, this is great, it's just like when the didn't have enough PS3's at the launch and they said "well, maybe some of these people will buy PS2's" and it actually happened.

But wait....there are no TD2's anymore! Rats!