<td>1/27/2008</td>

</tr><tr><td>Temp</td><td>23F</td></tr><tr><td>Visibility</td>

<td>SUNNY!</td>

</tr><tr><td>Conditions</td>

<td>Nearly Perfect - 9.7 / 10 </td>

</tr><tr><td>Hardbooters</td>

<td>4 (Joe, Bob D, Kent, Me) </td>

</tr></table>

Great snow. We destroyed Crossroads pretty early. Moved over to Olympic Dreams and the snow was even better over there.

yep, we went to granite peak. the light sucked in the morning, couldn't even see the top of the hill from the bottom. but we had sun all afternoon.

they've got nice cushy pads on all their chairs, and even a high-speed 6 pack. there are a lot of challenging runs too. most of the blacks are steep like bakki or chicken, a few are steeper. and some aren't very wide, so you better commit! we saw them grooming one such run in the afternoon, and the groomer had a cable / winch hooked to another groomer at the top of the run. i've heard of winch grooming, now i've seen it.

it wasn't very crowded. lift lines were short to none, and the hills open. we did have to wait for openings on the runs during the afternoon though. lots of skiers (who were in the wedge), on the steep runs. still nothing like you get when ski challenge and ski jammers are both on the hill.

the only complaints are that the runs are long, but not the pitch. so you've got all these steep runs, but they all have a really, really long run out. and the run outs are pretty freaking flat. but a great way to work on cross-under turns after getting all the speed from the steep. and there was some ice hiding under some of the snow. it was better in the afternoon, when we could see it, but not so fun in the morning.

oh, and the alien looking radio & microwave towers that are on top of the hill. i don't know what kind of "treatment" we were getting by riding there. :confused:

all in all, this is a pretty kick-ass hill. if you went there on a hero snow day, you'd be grinning for a very long time. i'll be making the trip again.

oh, and of course, a ski patrol asked, "hey, are those what they call monoskis?". bob's got a new answer for curious onlookers, but i don't think he'll be growing our sport.

-trent

Went to Giants Ridge this weekend for the USASA comps.

Cheered for SBX riders on Sat, then raced SL, SL, and GS on Sun.

Special guest stars were Dave & Jim Rothman who showed up to join

the racing fun and help assist in setting some really fun SL and GS courses.

Snow was great, and our G-Team riders rode really well.

Got LOADS of odd looks and questions about the board.

Jess and I are planning to go back up to G.R. Feb 9th and

explore more of G.R.'s tree-line trails.

i'll be at buck sat morning (as it sounds like sunday will be way too crowded). if i can get these silly new boots dialed in, the camera will come out. otherwise, i'll be making lots of adjustments to the gear trying to get these things to feel ok.

-trent

I'm curious why it would be extra busy Sunday. I was thinking it wouldn't with the super bowl going on.

I don't know what I ran over riding today, but when I was unloading my board at home I found two deep scratches about a foot long in my base, one of which continued, not quite as deep, for a couple more of feet. Looks like the grind I was putting off is due. Oh well.

<table><th width="125"></th><tr><td>Date</td><td>2/2/2008</td></tr><tr><td>Temp</td><td>28F and cloudy</td></tr><tr><td>Visibility</td><td>flat light</td></tr><tr><td>Conditions</td><td>good cord. glazed with ice on top but very carveable</td></tr><tr><td>Hardbooters</td><td>4 (me, bionic man, bob d, trent)</td></tr></table>

Morning

there was a little ice on top of the cord. whenever i touched the snow it ripped the glove. it was very carveable but after awhile the ice below the cord started to show. despite the flat light, it wasn't so bad. if the visibility was better it would've been really good. the rollers on Crossroads are mostly gone... less to worry about. Milkrun was okay after the gates were removed.

The Blue Plague

ski jammers showed and all hell broke loose. they clotted up the lift line. at one point things looked desperate while we were on the lift when the hill was suddenly filled with skiers and snowboarders. no frickn' way could anyone carve thru that. after awhile it lightened up a bit.

CODE NAME: NIBBLER

went into the chalet to get something to drink. i got up to the cashier and she was waiting on this little kid. he was probably 8-9 years old. the kid was fumbling with his jacket for awhile. finally he says "i lost my money". the cashier reaches over and grabs a paper plate with a chocolate long john in front of the kid and says "i'm sorry, then you can't have this." oh, what an awkward moment. the kid quickly walks away. i look at the cashier. she's holding up the long john and staring at it. the kid had already took bites out of it!!!

just more proof that ski jammers should not be allowed to breed.

Tippy Toe Sides

after the gates were pulled, started to have fun doing toe sides down the knoll. a couple times i carved right back up the hill. trent was dragging his stomach on the cord.

post-1112-141842249155_thumb.jpg

Date: 02-03-08

Visibility: At first it was ~200', then about 2 miles.

Conditions: (Would have made a great breakfast cereal.)Super-fine sugar coating over hardpack that stayed crunchy all day long.

Hardbooters: 3 - Jake, Treston, Karl

(and Kenton was there too - in softboot spirit :D )

Went out Superbowl Sunday - Arrived at 9am to see

that a misty-fog had settled over the hill. You couldn't see past mid-mountain and conversely, you couldn't see the bottom from the top so the first couple of runs were pretty mellow.

Sun got steadily brighter, but was really diffused by the Clouds/Mist. The three of us ended up doing a little carving clinic together, and working on our carving and edging skillz.

The rule of the day was "Riding where everyone else wasn't." so progression went Crossroads >Olympic>Milkrun.

Kenton was running the D-team race competition and you could hear the parent cheers and cowbells from the lift. While they had a big turnout, surprisingly the congestion was mostly limited to the far three park/pipe/ridge runs.

I'm looking for a Burton Toe-clip replacement.

Let me know if anyone has one - no big rush.

Kent: Jim and Dave did great up at G.R.

Was nice to finally meet Dave after hearing so much about him these last five years or so.

He truly can rip it up!! - He, Troy, and I were all competing for the fastest time on the hill.

Karl,

Was wishing I had the hardboots on but the softies were more comfortable for the day. You guys looked good. The Buck team ended up taking first overall so it was a great day. Spoke with Dave a bit about doing another carving cup......we need to work on Tammy to set one up this spring. Need to get to bed, it was a long day.

Kenton

<table><th width="125"></th><tr><td>Date</td><td>2/4/2008</td></tr><tr><td>Temp</td><td>31F</td></tr><tr><td>Visibility</td><td>evening</td></tr><tr><td>Conditions</td><td>snow flurries earlier in the day, fresh snow, very soft and slow</td></tr><tr><td>Hardbooters</td><td>1</td></tr></table>

Evening

snowed today. it was about 31F. lots of loose snow. hardly any ice. could hold an edge but because it was so slow it was hard to be get aggressive. you couldn't lay out a turn or you'd slow down too much. it was a little bouncy from surface snow. i was trying to hop out of turns but even that felt slow. i was sweating when i left.

Deconstruction Time Again

finally installed one set of red springs on rear boot. i thought the red springs were going to be too hard but when i installed them, it felt like there was no resistance. now i know what you meant, karl... are you coming out to the resort this week? i might not have the springs loaded up enough but i did turn the top nut a several times with a tool. my stance now feels narrow during turns. still, better than walk mode.

we need to work on Tammy to set one up this spring

Oh yeah - Just talking with her earlier this year, it sounds very probable for later in the

season. There is a carving cup thread started - will post anything that I hear, but Dave

has the insiders connection, so he's quick to know.

I've had TWO skiers now ask me about the Carving Cup - it must be catching

on with the two-plankers. (See! We CAN all get along!! :1luvu: )

Bobble: E-mail sent - doesn't look like I'll get out this week.

Maybe Monday, and then afternoon of Feb 16th.