Note to New Members ×

Dear Buck Hill Diary, Season 2, Disc 1

bobble

Just FYI everyone, Karl got 14th in open class slalom yesterday at USASA nationals! :biggthump He said he had 2 solid runs on some pretty weird groomed powder that actually held up ok. Nice course. Hard to balance going way fast vs not falling. He said he saw a pretty wicked fall in the open class womens race; a blow-through-the-barrier, end over end type of situation. Guess she walked away though! :eek: Yikes. And, he's proud of all the kids- some from his team are placing, doing really well. Open class GS is today... he'll bust out the kessler for this one. :D Will keep you posted.

Open class slalom results are at http://www.usasa.org/images/stories/nationals08/results/Day2Group5SL.pdf

Can watch the live awards ceremony (so you'll just see the top 3 people in each event) at www.go211.com under the USASA link, starting at 5:30 pm every day this week, which is kind of fun. Note that if you want to watch they make you register first so give it a few minutes beforehand if you want to catch it right at 5:30.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

<table><th width="125"></th><tr><td>Date</td><td>4/18/2008</td></tr><tr><td>Temp</td><td>70F</td></tr>

<tr><td>Visibility</td><td>flourescent</td></tr><tr><td>Conditions</td><td>excellent - no smoke!</td></tr><tr><td>Hardbooters +</td><td>4 (me, ms. bobble, scuff, jessie, joe d, gretchen d, kent, bob d.)</td></tr></table>

Mark it Zero, Dude

we all went to cedarvale lanes for scuff's surprise party. the big three-oh. quite a turnout! not sure how many -- 30 to 35 people. jessie had rented 10 lanes. the hardbooters were on lane 9. i won the first frame with an incredible score of 65! it was between me, joe, gretchen. bob d. threw some too. the second time i threw 15 gutterballs. my score was 22. yeah. i suck. joe had 75.

i worry too much about throwing a bowling ball and having my fingers break off in the holes.

Someone Has New Toy

jessie bought scuff a new toy, a nice longboard. a sector nine. how frickin cool is that?!? the temptation to ride it down the bowling lanes was too great.

kick. push.

The Little Lebowski Urban Acheivers

what was funny was when scuff unwrapped the present a bunch of kids saw it from the other side of the place. they came closer and were seriously eyeing the board. they must've thought the place was giving away free skateboards or something.

hey! Thou shall not covet thy neighbors longboard.

The Dude Abides

excellent time last night! thanks jessie. beer and DQ ice cream cake do go together! if i was thinking i should've ordered white russians to really complete the Big Lebowski theme. a not safe for work version.

post-1112-141842256624_thumb.jpg

Thanks for coming out to help me celebrate my 30th!

Well executed surprise - I had grrrreat fun!!

Bob D: Ha ha, nice pics!

It's true.. Even though I may be getting older, I refuse to grow up!

Been out twice now on the new longboard. Took a little while for

the bearings to wear-in but now it rolls pretty well.

Have only had 3-4 times where it's gotten outta control. :D

Can only push "regular", so my right leg was about to fall off after about 6 miles.. and the arches on my feet were burrrrrrning... ahhhhhh... ahhhhh