Dear Buck Hill Diary, Season 2, Disc 1

bobble

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a good time at Buck today. They didn't groom, but it wasn't bad at all. It was a little on the slow side, but workable. I was having a blast launching off the bottom roller. I met a guy I rode with like fifteen years ago. He was interested in getting an alpine board, but lives in Hawaii.

Great snow out here guys and lady. The Kessler is fast, incredibly damp, holds better on black groomers and has truely variable radius so fun on blues and greens. Five days down and four to go. It has already paid for itself - - worth every penny.

Two consecutive frames from an mpeg. The video wasn't any good as I missed most of the jump, but those two frames were good.

I'm having trouble with seeing mrs grouch every time I look for my post. Might have to change her soon. Anyone want her ?

BobD

Two consecutive frames from an mpeg. The video wasn't any good as I missed most of the jump, but those two frames were good.

I'm having trouble with seeing mrs grouch every time I look for my post. Might have to change her soon. Anyone want her ?

BobD

i rearranged the images. cross yours eyes. the effect is subtle... not enough contrast in the foreground

post-1112-141842253867_thumb.jpg

i rearranged the images. cross yours eyes. the effect is subtle... not enough contrast in the foreground

NICE, bobble (and greg of course)! And actually i kind of like that his arms don't match... almost looks like he's flapping them...

BobD maybe you could bring back Mrs Grouch's picture like once a year, right before christmas as a treat, just so we remember her bringing you all so much joy.:p

<table><th width="125"></th><tr><td>Date</td><td>3/14/2008 </td></tr><tr><td>Temp</td><td>32F</td></tr><tr><td>Visibility</td><td>overcast</td></tr><tr><td>Conditions</td><td>terrible, no groom, icy, brown</td></tr><tr><td>Hardbooters</td><td>1</td></tr></table>

took one run and left. they didn't groom. it was mostly hard icy snow. starting to turn brown. there's dirt or sand down near the bottom. just nasty.

i sideslipped most of the way. saw some skiers. they were skidding down the fall line too.

if it the snow was softer i might've stayed longer. i brought my softboots just in case but the snow was so bad i just didn't think it would be any fun.

I nearly made the mistake of going down for a run or two.

With any luck we'll get a comeback like last year to give us another week or so.

Hopefully this will be on a new page. It's depressing to keep seeing the first post on the last page "as good as it gets". That was only a week ago.

I'm thinking I'll head north a few times befor it's done.

BobD

Doug-

Nice ride. Tried to start mine up tonight (YZ250) with no luck. Don't know whats up, have never had it happen before. Where do you ride?

To anyone who attempts Buck on Saturday please post conditions as I am thinking of coming up on Sunday. I don't want to waste half a tank of gas from Rochester if it sucks. Thanks!

Kenton

Doug-

Nice ride. Tried to start mine up tonight (YZ250) with no luck. Don't know whats up, have never had it happen before. Where do you ride?

To anyone who attempts Buck on Saturday please post conditions as I am thinking of coming up on Sunday. I don't want to waste half a tank of gas from Rochester if it sucks. Thanks!

Kenton

I can't imagine it will be very good, dark snow melts FAST in the sun AND it has been windy, not to mention it has not gotten much below freezing in the last 3 days. Cross our fingers but I think our days are numbered.

I'll send you an email about riding Kenton.

I wait until 11.30 to venture down there and that was a little late for the best of it. They had groomed last night and by the time I got there it was past perfect and getting a little soft, but still quite carvable and fun. I did switch to skis as I find them more fun for softer conditions. I left at 1.00pm and it was just getting actually wet.

Given the forecast for tomorrow and assuming they'll groom tonight, I would guess it will be good.

BobD

<table><th width="125"></th><tr><td>Date</td><td>3/15/2008 </td></tr><tr><td>Temp</td><td>30's F</td></tr><tr><td>Visibility</td><td>decent, partly cloudy when we left</td></tr><tr><td>Conditions</td><td>groomed cord but icy. slushy at the bottom of the runs</td></tr><tr><td>Hardbooters</td><td>3 (me, trent, nicotine)</td></tr></table>

Morning

welch groomed. conditions were extremely fast. hard to hold a decent edge on the steeper runs. rode upright and tried to stay over the edge of the board. no laying out turns or putting the hands down. defintely a challenge. not used to that speed. around noon time it got slushy on some runs like dan's dive.

after welch i drove by buck this afternoon but didn't get out of the car. looks the same as yesterday.

i agree with bobd, if buck does groom it should be okay to ride. it'll definitely be fast. holding an edge will be difficult. soft boots would be fun, i might do that on an evening this week.

The Skier That Tried To Shag Me

{bobd, i had a near miss today with a skier.}

everyone know

where he steamrollers over a security guard? doesn't the security guard sorta look like Fin?

i was on wild finally. i had a problem with my setup so i was sideslipping and occasionally stopping to look over my shoulder. a couple of old timey skiers come down. one was going fast, the other slow. not much i can do so i though i'd just wait them out. i stood there waiting for them to pass on by. the slow skier was skiing directly towards me. i kept watching him thinking he'll turn away from me. but no! he just kept coming at me. i guess he was only looking where his skis were pointing. he was about 25 feet away and still skiing towards me and not looking. i yell to him "hey!". still kept coming at me. then he's 10 ft away and not turning away. i yell to him "WOOAH!!!!". i tried sideslipping out of the way. he slowly turns again, sees me and then skids to a stop next to my board. i thought i was going to get knocked down. i think i stuck my arms out. he doesn't say anything but gives me this look and then skis off. i think trent snapped a picture from the bottom. ticked me off. dumbass.

<

i agree with bobd, if buck does groom it should be okay to ride. it'll definitely be fast. holding an edge will be difficult. soft boots would be fun, i might do that on an evening this week.

[.

I think it will be better than that, but who knows.

BobD