Note to New Members ×

Big Mountain Expression Session!?!?!?!?

Dr D

howdy uall

snow report: sunday 9th early morning clear with cloud only over mtn.

above chair 2. then cloudy all over, snowed 11am and still snowing at 5pm.

1 inch in town, hope it goes all night. will board tomorrow. only backside

open, good groomers, still alittle thin with alot of twigs showing. had

maybe 3 inch new at 3pm.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bailed and went to bigsky for three days. moonlight basin was nice but still prettyrocky.

Bigsky was awesome. andesite opened on saturday and I got on the third or fourth chair up the mountain. untouched powder :biggthump :biggthump :biggthump

Big fish got a dump while I was down there and another last night.:biggthump 9 inches of fresh this am. Snow ghosts on opening day after being nearly bare a week earlier hell of a start.:eplus2:

How many folks are committed to the Big Session. What are the CONFIRMED dates for the sessions. I am working up my schedule and trying to fit everything in.

It is kind of a monumental year for the Big Fish. 20th season snowboarding has been allowed there and 60th season for skiing. Maybe the Big Fish should know or be reminded of that?

It looks like we have 15-20 so far confirmed depending on the day. not everyone is going to be there the whole week. we have 7 locals and 3-5 wannabe's that will be interested in riding with us and experiencing the alpine vibe. Garage will have some demos available I am trying to get a surfrodz demo to have on hand. Still pursueing a first tracks priviledge etc.

Hellroaring apres at least one day. specials being pursued at other venues as well.

hell roaring was glad to have us when they found out mellow wouldn't be there bastardizing their drink menu:lol: :lol:

post-2375-141842243803_thumb.jpg

post-2375-141842243806_thumb.jpg

post-2375-141842243812_thumb.jpg

I'll be there on Saturday - Monday (Jan 26,27,28). We (my daughter and I) will be driving up on Friday night. Sharing a room with Allee (thanks, Allee for making the reservations!)

I'll see what I can find in my storage shed as far as extra gear, but most of it is either quite outdated or small. Most of my boards are in the 150 range.

Kathy

Kristina (my sis)and I will be there from Friday to Sunday.We will do the early am drive to try and do all day Fri and Sat and all day Sunday too.I am still working on getting Maureen(my wife) to be able to make it.Might happen as she likes the idea of leaving the boys with their cousins for a weekend. I can bring several user friendly carving setups with me to help newbies try it out.Let me know Dr D if you forsee a need for the xtra equipment.

The Fluffy . . .

<SMALL>Man, is it snowing. Just look at this succinct and graphical representation of the NOAA forecast for mid-mountain:</SMALL>

<SMALL>weather.jpg</SMALL>

<SMALL>Add that to a 43" packed powder base with 5 new inches in the last 24 hours and 22" in the last 7 days and you have what I like to call really, really, really, really, really good conditions. They're getting better every day. Are you drooling yet? Get up here, silly</SMALL>

Kristina (my sis)and I will be there from Friday to Sunday.We will do the early am drive to try and do all day Fri and Sat and all day Sunday too.I am still working on getting Maureen(my wife) to be able to make it.Might happen as she likes the idea of leaving the boys with their cousins for a weekend. I can bring several user friendly carving setups with me to help newbies try it out.Let me know Dr D if you forsee a need for the xtra equipment.

great idea if you have the room. I will find out what interest we have and maybe post some sizes etc if I can.:biggthump

snow report: friday 21

2 inch new overnight all that powder groomed from the past few days

made for some awesome groomers, also a blue bird day, couldnt be

more perfect for carving. stayed all day it was so good, chair 2 is ready.

gotta work the next 3 days, but might go for an hour or so later in

the day to break in some new gear.

see you in month, west carven

ITs a ten hour drive from seattle. the amtrak is a great option as well. january 25- feb 2 is the dates so the bulk of the week would still be available looks like. amtrak is an overnight so you arrive at whitefish at around 7am. it can be done after the workday from seattle even. I think it leaves seattle around 7pm.

Dr D

I'd probably drive-- Amtrak is great I think I told you earlier that years ago I took that and almost got kicked off near Spokane due to too much noise in the "bedroom" - we had a sleeper. :lol: :lol:

I will talk to you more about it in middle of January - Gotta get my legs in shape. Just returned from Whistler yesterday and right leg is a bit sore. dunno if it is due to my old age or too much powder riding. Damn I smiled those days up there - rode the 179 4WD Prior.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=760 border=0><TBODY><TR height=20><TD class=f14 vAlign=top align=left width=300> Whitefish Mtn Resort Snow Report </TD><TD class=f10 vAlign=top align=right width=460>Signup up for "My Big Mountain" to get email alerts.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=gbvrs cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width=760 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=f12white vAlign=center align=left width=250 bgColor=#003366>Reported on 12-21-2007 </TD><TD vAlign=center align=right width=27 bgColor=#003366>printer.jpg </TD><TD vAlign=center align=left width=35 bgColor=#003366>Print </TD><TD class=f10white vAlign=center align=middle width=363 bgColor=#003366>Report created at 05:46PM - (406)862-SNOW </TD><TD class=f10whiteb vAlign=center align=right width=85 bgColor=#003366></TD></TR><TR><TD class=f10blue vAlign=top align=left colSpan=5>Snow Report updated by David:

What a beautiful bluebird day. The sun is shining, the wind is light, and the air is crisp. The snow off piste has set up over night and is skiing well. East rim and the face are sitting in the sunshine and skiing fine. If you like ripping groomers then today may be your dream day. The groomers are fast and smooth and the visibilty is fantastic. Chair 2 area is skiing really good and the views of the flathead valley are worth the trip.

The latest word is that Hellroaring Basin will be opening on Sat morning to chair 11. I will update you as soon as I know more definite details. With the chance of the basin opening this weekend we could almost be 100% open before Christmas. Mother Nature has been kind to us this year and will hopefully continue through 2008.

:biggthump :biggthump :biggthump :biggthump :biggthump :biggthump </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Say now, who is that handsome son of a bitch? and what is he doing in mellows fantasy??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously dude you need to develop a good excuse to take some sick time. IT won't be the same without you:biggthump