Note to New Members ×

Big Mountain Expression Session!?!?!?!?

Dr D

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the...........whitefish resort? what mental giant came up with that one? Jack, I think that is a racist term and we should ban it. :nono:

that settles it Doc, get out your chicken feet and cows blood and see what the cards say. :D

:eplus2: The "BONES" predict a peasant uprising that will sweep across the mountain destroying posers and corporate types alike!:biggthump

I can see the tshirts now! ITs all marketing BS anyway. on the plus side there will be 20 million worth of new doppelmeyer lifts:biggthump

Good 20 mill. of lifts that need power to run........as we know the Big..oops whitefish bla bla bla runs out of power on the best damn days.

change sucks :AR15firin

Hey, take it easy there. I'm feeling alot of negative energy in this post:)

So, who wants to go to the first ever Whitefish Mountain Resort Expression Session hosted by Dr. Delaney in 2008(WMRES DD08), with special guest appearance by Shred Gruumer?

RIP BMES

Now all my Big MT shirts and Hats are worth millions!

Don't know about you But Im going to Big Mountain... that Whitefish resort has too much fog!

Can't wait to see the new gay logo! well it might be better than that stupid snowflake BIG was using.. It was a sad day when the Big Dropped the Goat on the mountain logo!!

Who's this Shred Guy ?

Don't look at me!

Garage Snowboards will be on hand with demos etc:1luvu:

John is back in the race board business:biggthump or he will be by then anyway.

we drug him out on the hardboots enough last season to reignite the fire:eplus2:

the logo looks like some school kid did it.

cant believe thats what their going to use.

its ugly!!! what the... :eek: .

hope they dont f*%# up chair 2. its going to

be chair 1 quad... more rich a$$holes to avoid!

maybe blacktail is the new cool place.

whitefish is losing its charm... locals are cool,

but the new people are f*%#ed. oh well progress :mad: .

That's an incredibly bad logo. It reminds me of a duck billed platypus in a way if not actually.

You know the whole design by committee idea. :barf::barf::barf:

While the mountain identifies with the community of Whitefish, to have your mountain image associated with a (trash) fish????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

F**king corporations anyway.

That's an incredibly bad logo. It reminds me of a duck billed platypus in a way if not actually.

You know the whole design by committee idea. :barf: :barf: :barf:

While the mountain identifies with the community of Whitefish, to have your mountain image associated with a (trash) fish????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

F**king corporations anyway.

EASY NOW this is an innocent fish we are talking about here!:eek:

They aren't a trash fish either!!! We actually fish them commercially in Flathead lake. I am not a real fish lover and I actually like to eat them especially smoked:1luvu:

Doesn't mean I want one on my mountain logo tho:freak3:

I don't think it will ever be anything but Big Mountain to any of us it'll just change the image for the newbs. I think we will have to make up special BM T-shirts for our BMES:eplus2:

EASY NOW this is an innocent fish we are talking about here!:eek:

They aren't a trash fish either!!! We actually fish them commercially in Flathead lake. I am not a real fish lover and I actually like to eat them especially smoked:1luvu:

Doesn't mean I want one on my mountain logo tho:freak3:

I don't think it will ever be anything but Big Mountain to any of us it'll just change the image for the newbs. I think we will have to make up special BM T-shirts for our BMES:eplus2:

Didn't mean to offend any innocent fish. Whitefish are considered the T word in our local rivers, I think they may not be native and that could be why. Mostly I just think it is dumb to have a fish on ski mtn logo.

Believe my I love the Big and Whitefish town (had some raging nights there) and many good friends around there too.

:lol: I don't know that much about them really. they live in the big lake here and some of the smaller ones. I guess they'd be a pain if you were trying to catch a cutthroat! When they are really in season you can't keep them out of the boat. people catch them by the hundreds here.

I actually prefer whitefish's original name as well

STUMPTOWN:biggthump

there is still lots of stumptown remnants around stumptown snowboards being one of them.

Waiting on a reply via email from the mtn. I did find out that 20 - 25 is the numbers necessary to get the ball rolling on further deals. I have been busy so I haven't pursued it to aggressively. Lots of emails and local support so it looks like numbers won't be an issue. I will get a tally of names and numbers confirmed so far and get it posted.:biggthump

We currently have 24 people on the list as coming for sure. There are about 5 extras possible in the various parties. IF you are bringing people with you that aren't accounted for in the thread let me know. I also count around 6 locals for sure with 4-5 that I haven't located yet. I think we can hit 50 if we want to. There are a lot of oregon and washington and BC people that might be able to make a long weekend on the train. I may try to refine some of the festivities toward the weekend to include those arriving late.

Chicago will also have a direct flight available. you can get into missoula from vegas very cheap so if you are close to vegas flights to missoula are 65 -85 $ each way. 100 mile drive to get here from there. allegiant is threatening to put in a flight direct to kalispell as well so maybe that will be in place by next season.

I am working on possible midweek trip to Blacktail mtn for a large group I may be able to get them to open just for us with enough notice. they are open thursday thru sunday normally. They have an untapped mecca of groom. ITs a 40 minute trip from the big and if it flies I will arrange transportation. A couple of vans or something.

DR D If the Blacktail trip is A go we will need to know before we book the room and lift tickets. Did you add the two in my crew? We have Mr Gruumer ,Captain F, Greg and Cuban Carving. Helmut and Paul K I think dont know about Mellow {his sheets are}Yellow.

thanx for the heads up on the two extra. I figured you had a couple but didn't know for sure. I will try to have a set agenda and a single point of contact for all the tickets and rooms etc with the option to get your own rooms seperately.