Note to New Members ×

Big Mountain Expression Session!?!?!?!?

Dr D

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so what week would that be? Lets get a consensus on the date. We got all summer to work out the kinks and maybe get some extras online. Maybe some first tracks time and a vendor or two!:biggthump

Date preferences?? Anyone have an opinion?

Cuban,

You mean Jan. right? I could do either week. They haven't posted the local race schedule yet so I would probably lose one or two races dates. Hopefully the Airport will be fogged in so I will have to take an extra week of vacation, right? :biggthump:biggthump

if you mean january that works well with the usual weather and lodging availability. I am here so it doesn't really matter to me. I wonder if christmas dates would cut down on attendance with family obligations etc. that is if you meant Dec.

Cuban,

You mean Jan. right? I could do either week. They haven't posted the local race schedule yet so I would probably lose one or two races dates. Hopefully the Airport will be fogged in so I will have to take an extra week of vacation, right? :biggthump :biggthump

Yes I mean January 18-26. It is so hot in cleveland I lost my mind

AHHHHHG!!!!!! did you guys forget for those who want to carve. we had ONE good day to carve out of six. I know its like your old hat you just have to hang on to it. but some times it has to be replaced. and its expensive to-boot!!! But what the hell, if your loaded, and don't care if you can see, then lets go.

the witch DR. lives there it don't cost him anything......... wait he did have to touch Shred :eek:

You guy's from Cleveland speak up...

I haven't been to a big mountain in over 10 years, I get one go at it this year and I want it to be good. I was pretty jacked to see the groom in your pic's from last year. All that nice groom, thats what I want to be on. I myself don't really care for powder, its hard, and cold cord that I want!

Chuck

well its anyones guess on snowfall and where. just ask a meteorologist:lol:

We did have some unprecedented continuous snowfall this last season. Generally speaking late january and early Febuary are the sunny days above the inversion on good groom times. I suggest that you bring a powder option to any western resort it actually snows here on occasion:eplus2: I can arrange a few powder boards and maybe some garage demos to be on hand as well:biggthump

A BAD DAY. This was the only digital one that would upload. I have some film pictures of the real bad stuff. Dr D you should have some good Fog picks.

the big mtn rub in thread with paulkhas some!

actually visibility is the worst when its snowing hard and you are in the cloud.

generally there is visibility on the mtn somewhere you just need a local guide:biggthump

Most of the winter the mtn is above the inversion. ITs cloudy and fogged in down in town and sweet sunshine on the mtn:1luvu:

this is a very good day

post-2375-141842232802_thumb.jpg

post-2375-141842232804_thumb.jpg

post-2375-141842232806_thumb.jpg

Chuck, all BS aside. the Big mnt. has allways been a crap shoot.

you may get a week that you can't see your hand in front of your face, or a clear week with east cost hard pack, or a clear week of hero snow, or a 4 foot dump,or all of the above.

before it sold, it was a great place with great people. now its an ok place with every one looking for you to spend all your $$$ at their place.

we used to get ( saftey check ) rides at 8 am. an hour before the lifts run. free beers at all the bars. and rides down and up town. and no-punch lift days (free day)

no more! its over, the fat lady is singing. :(

Chuck, all BS aside. the Big mnt. has allways been a crap shoot.

you may get a week that you can't see your hand in front of your face, or a clear week with east cost hard pack, or a clear week of hero snow, or a 4 foot dump,or all of the above.

before it sold, it was a great place with great people. now its an ok place with every one looking for you to spend all your $$$ at their place.

we used to get ( saftey check ) rides at 8 am. an hour before the lifts run. free beers at all the bars. and rides down and up town. and no-punch lift days (free day)

no more! its over, the fat lady is singing. :(

Its still oodles cheaper than colorado:eplus2:

If we get enough interest maybe us locals can arrange a little special treatment:biggthump