Note to New Members ×

Big Mountain Expression Session!?!?!?!?

Dr D

howdy uall

snow report: jan mon 28 08

epic powder day, over a foot of new fresh pow.

so rode the softies, my old crappy board is still fun.

saw some of you out on the hardboots, but no time

to stop, looking for fresh lines, gotta be quick.

sorry i missed some of you and looking forward to meet

the rest of uall. hope to meet the hawaiians...

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My legs are exhausted.

What a great weekend. It was so much fun riding with Kathy for the weekend, and watching the boys ripping it up from the lifts on Chair 1 and Chair 2! Fantastic conditions, the powder yesterday was SICK (it was very mean of John and Redman to take pics on the last run on the day - I could barely stand up!!)

Thanks guys!! Enjoy your storms for the rest of the week - it was puking again when I left last night!

howdy uall

snow report: jan tue 29 08

big mtn snow report says 2 inches of new. bull!

more like 5 inches of lite cotton candy, cut right thru um,

then sets up into piles, bump, bump, bump...

tomorrow should be the same with more snow overnight.

will go with the softies if the snow does not let up.

sorry for all the pow fellow carvers, wanted to see you guys

rip it up.

holy crap paulk you missed an epic week :( day 3 of the dump and its deeper than last year. It puked all day so hard that it might as well have been foggy. :eek:

the 2 inches reported was a good 6 by the time the chair opened and it never stopped all day.

I have lost communication with my feet and not in a good way. :cool:

thank god we get to do it again tomorrow:eplus2:

for those of you missing the big mtn pictures just move over real close to the wall and close your eyes now move closer ( you're gonna love this)

now open them :D if all you see is white and three inches in front of your face your'e there baby:lol:

Powder day...Again.

Last run of the day was as good as the first only deeper.

The 6+ inches on the morning groomers was pretty fun! Pow boards for the rest of the day.

Should be even deeper tomorrow.

The Cleveland Guys are here. Elusive like Yeti.

I heard they may be trying to paint Whitefish red tonight??

Ok.. dig those guys outta the snow.. brush them off... Give them some OJ... get them to take pictures of a cloud..we get the idea!!:eek:

Ok lets see pics of the drinking adventures!!

Lets see some of the Crew...introduce yourselve.. Alle..Dr... calling all goons!

Lets at least see a group pic... at least we might believe your actually there!!:biggthump

Right said Shred..

More powder days. It is like the movie Ground Hog's Day. Simply Amazing. Last run deeper and just as fresh as the first. Quite foggy. But if ya head to the trees....Bliss!

I headed over to Turner tonight. They have 20+ inches of fresh this week that has not been ridden since Sunday.

I hope all that came to the Big had a great time. Not the best carving conditions but amazing powder all week.

A BIG Thank You to Dr.D for rallying the all of the hearty carvers!

Exhibit A: Last week

Exhibit B: This week

But then, some of us like powder. Doctor, you should have come with Dave and I after Lunch today. Patrol had *just* opened Hellroaring Basin and we had fresh tracks from the Picture Chutes all the way to the chair. A season defining run! WoHoo!

post-1861-141842249104_thumb.jpg

post-1861-141842249105_thumb.jpg

Holy crap did you guys bring some big JU JU with you ar what:eek:

It quite literally has not stopped snowing since sunday morning. approaching 70 inches for the week. 59 inches in the last five days.

I am working today which is probably good since my legs have been bloody stumps since wednesday. Its hard to quit on an epic powder day. The last run of the day has been better than the first three days running. Its probably a sign that you guys with no powder gear should put it on your list. powder is more fun with the right equipment. Dave's new prior powstick seems to be an obvious choice for the well heeled. but there are lots of cheaper alternatives out there. see if Blueb has any 4807's left.

I will be up again tomorrow but it sounds like I will miss a lot of you. I had a great timeand I hope the rest of you did as well:biggthump

come again anytime

PS when you get home post the rest of your pictures

tinypic.com

will size them for you for free.

howdy uall

snow report: jan wed 30, thur 31, feb fri 1, 08

everyday the same thing, fresh pow over groom and add more off piste.

wed 30, partly sunny, good visibility, 3 inches over groom,

bombed toni matt with the softies. thur 31, really foggy on top

with 5 inches new over groom, wide open field of pow in greys golf course,

untracked!!! fri 1, a little foggy on top, 2 inches over groom, again bombed toni matt, chair 7 on

the backside was knee deep pow. every where is good so everyone happy!!!

again, sorry for all the pow fellow carvers, wanted to see you guys

rip it up. hope to see you guys next year.

From Friday's Snow Report:

"The visibility is great on the summit this morning. The groomers have been at it all night trying to lay some fresh tracks on the runs. The chair 2 area will ski great today. Fast soft corduroy for everyone to enjoy."

Got all tingly at the mention of corduroy, but "soft" is about the only part of that that was still accurate at opening. I did manage half a dozen good alpine runs before switching into powder mode (softies) again for the rest of the day. I'm lovin' the F2 Respect 176 I picked up for a song last spring (DJ's Boardshop eBay). It's working great in these conditions.

My final pics of the Hawaii and Ohio crews are attached. See you next year?

post-1861-141842249131_thumb.jpg

post-1861-141842249132_thumb.jpg

I was asked thursday when my friends where leaving because they are ruining the mtn:eplus2::eplus2::biggthump

We shall try to carry on in your absence! today was again an epic powder day. face shots all day long. IT actually stopped snowing for almost an hour:lol:

77 inches since sunday:D:D:D:D

WOO HOOOO

who needs corduroy?