Note to New Members ×

Big Mountain Expression Session!?!?!?!?

Dr D

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good one Paulk. Leave all your new friends alone at A great carving mountain where all the people treated you like gold took you to all the hidden spots just because the snow looks whiter on the other side of the fence.:nono:

The faces may change but the stoke is the same.

It's foggy here just like the Big Mtn! No carving this week.

In other news, sorry to hear of the trajedy there today. There was an "accident" up in these parts on friday, 4 people washed through the trees, serious injuries.

post-520-141842245897_thumb.jpg

everyone I know is accounted for. Lucky I guess lots of people I know love fiberglass hill. 250 yard wide 1/4 mile long slide. 30 feet deep over the canyon creek rd. I hear rumors of more missing but who knows. a nine foot probe doesn't help much at 30 feet.:eek:

for the record this happened out of bounds behind big mtn. ITs a hike up the ridge from the back side Tbar and then down into canyon creek followed by a lift from snowmobilers coming up to the summit from canyon creek. big slides every year but this is by far the biggest lately. One of my patients was caught in a slide in the same spot in december. He was highlining a snowmobile when it cut loose. Broke his leg ,compound femur fracture, badly but was dug out quickly. be safe and wear a transponder

howdy uall

snow report: jan 14 08

after two days of warmer weather and the last 2 weeks of powder

made for an awesome groomer day, the best yet. mostly sunny day

some high clouds for a little while. no crowds, perfect snow for carving.

should have been here!!!

heard from the grapevine that it was a 19 year old from kalispell and

a 36 year old from whitefish. the quest for powder can be dangerous.

i think i need to get a helmet...

The best day yet for me anyway:biggthump

puked snow all day. 8-10 inches of champagne fluff ontop of hero groomers. I carved the groom allday throwing a massive roostertail of cold smoke. It was so light that the edges stuck the groom and drifts vanished like powder bombs when hit. UNREAL day.

BRING A POWDER BOARD I cannot stress this enough!!!!

If nothing else bringing one may jinx the powder run we are having and firm up the groom:lol:

I am planning on being at the Big Jan 27th - Feb 3rd. I know you and Johnasmo are missing me like crazy but.... Can I try your Sqwal? Did you see the tele-board on ebay??

You can always come down and ride Targhee, Teton Village, or Kelly's here.

I will have my skwal up there that week you can try it out as well. that thing eric rides is rocket propelled:eek: The shorter turnier one is a hoot though.

puked snow all day. 8-10 inches of champagne fluff ontop of hero groomers. I carved the groom allday throwing a massive roostertail of cold smoke. It was so light that the edges stuck the groom and drifts vanished like powder bombs when hit. UNREAL day.

Hold that thought for another week and a half. I want some-a that!!!!!

Good morning Delaney! This is your Whitefish Mountain Resort Snow Alert for 01-16-2008.

I hope you were able to sneak up to the mountain yesterday afternoon. The snow just kept falling all day long. We were getting face shots on the East Rim at 3:30 and it just kept snowing. With 8" more on the 24 and 3' overnight this morning could be a totally sick day of skiing. The winds are light and the ceiling is unlimited. The whole mountain is well covered with new snow and ready to rip. We have received over 200" so far this year with no signs of letting up.

The groomers should ski awesome today. This new snowfall has been turned into the kind of corduroy groomer skiers dream about. Clear skies and soft snow make for a great day. I can't wait to get out there this morning. Remember, the Ski Patrol have been working extremely hard this week so give them a break today. With almost a foot of new snow since 5 am and some wind they will be on avalanche patrols. Please respect closures and allow them to get the resort open to the public.

The Fishbowl Terrain Park is open and the superpipe was cut on tuesday. This weekend is the Inland Northwest Superpipe Jam.

Ski patrol wanted to remind you about tree wells. With all of this new snow the mountain has received the wells are starting to get big. Ski under control, be aware of your surroundings, and ride with a buddy.

The Nordic Center was groomed yesterday.

List of today's groomed runs.

howdy uall

started with the sun trying to peek thru, then high overcast.

some might call it hero snow, but today it was better, the

most perfect snow for carving. the donek FCII 171 was carving

well. would be nice if it had a sidecut radius of 13.5 so that its

not so turny. anyways it was a great day.

West....If the board is turny then...turn more!!!!

I too have been riding shorter radius boards and have come to that conclusion.

I will be up the whole week for the Big Carve Session. I should be there riding by Sunday the 27th and will be around all week. Cant wait to ride with the crew!!

Dr.D Do you have a rough total for who is going to be around for the the week of carving @ Big?

I will be up from Idaho for the week.

Quote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Dr D

So far

Cuban with 3 for the whole week

allee the first weekend plus monday possible valhalla tuesday

kinpa plus 1/2 first weekend plus monday

locals on softies 5 on and off all week

local hardbooters skwalluers and monoskis 7 on and off all week

current total is 20 for the first three days and then down to 15 or 16

tuesday at valhalla is locals tuesday and is half price. still checking on deals hopefully local price for anyone in the group:eplus2:

currently maybe 4 interested in the side trip

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

additions

buster 4 HB and 2 skiers the whole week.

C5 uncertain of which days he will be there

carvedog and steveprokopiw unconfirmed as to dates and numbers but planning on coming

the dates are january 26 - feb 2 with more people the first half of the week than the second

total is now 27 first three days and 20 or so the rest of the week.

<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->