Note to New Members ×

Heard on the Slopes

jnshapiro

Dr. D says "two excited jibber girls drag their collective boyfriend"

What gives? Before I got married I could hardly collect 1 girl much less 2. We might be in the wrong side of the sport. Looks like I need to get rid of the neon 1 piece and get some really baggy pants.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. D says "two excited jibber girls drag their collective boyfriend"

What gives? Before I got married I could hardly collect 1 girl much less 2. We might be in the wrong side of the sport. Looks like I need to get rid of the neon 1 piece and get some really baggy pants.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't ask how it worked I just observed the process!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

never said he was manly:cool:

In fact the girls were quite in charge! He sorta had that look on his face like Paris Hilton's chihuaha.

you know the one that says just kill me now:flamethro

Maybe they were sisters??!!!

Paris Hilton's Chihuaha has the WTF?? look....so would I, hanging around her..:lol:

cool jibber dude looks at ink's,d.ts, and my demo setups (2 viruses and a sigi grabner) and says"that is so old school", and fat drunk jibber dude(8:30am)couldn't believe all of the mono skis we had.

mario

Mario... you guys were on the hill already, but... I was in the demo tent putting on my boots and a lady walks up... looks at our line up of thirty boards and says: "I like yalls collection of antique boards". Recon promtly offered her a dog biscuit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Bringing this one back from the dead...

At the top of Brighton yesterday, I was staring off at the view. Bluebird day with great visibility, so it was pretty incredible. I'm riding hard boots on a Dupraz D1, and a lady skis up, stops next to me, and asks me if I lost one of my skis.

At the end of that run, I'm waiting in the lift line and overhear two kids in front of me arguing about what I was riding. I don't know how it turned out, but when their chair showed up they'd determined it was definitely not a snowboard. Despite being directly ahead of me in line, they didn't think to ask me what it was.

I was also stopped this week by a family at the top of the lifts. They'd been riding up behind me and couldn't figure out how my bindings worked, so I gave them a demo. They asked if my setup (Prior WCR metal) let me do more tricks. I told them I have two tricks; turning left and turning right.

I've had the same questions as most people about what the board is too. Monoski, monoboard, uniboard, etc. etc. etc., but I got a new one today. I overheard a guy saying to his kids, "Look, it's one of those slalom skis!"

I did a double take the other day when I saw one the park crew carrying what looked like a couple of Virus width boards.They were a SUPER wide model K2 ski.No wonder we get the "where's your other ski" comments.

Hmmm... gives me an idea on how to get two boards for a bargain price...

In Utah this winter I ran into a guy skiing on two Nidecker race boards he got from Bola. "I am off to get some low angle pow!" he said. A few days later, we saw a different skier riding tele bindings on what had to be two alpine snowboard decks. These things were wide! He would let out this big grunt every turn. I only saw him once, maybe it was one run experiment.

• 2 weeks later...

Last week, "ride fast take chances" from a tele skier admiring my evil looking virus, this week:" how long you been riding a speed board" from a skier I was sharing a chair with, But the best was at the entry to the lift maze as I was helping old acura with a busted intec cable: "I want to ride like that, you are a great rider", That one made my noggin swell a little.:ices_ange

Thank ya ma'am

mario

I was standing underneath the chairlift near the bottom (so the liftees were just over my head) and I heard a couple kids whispering and I thought I heard something about a ski-board. I looked up but they didn't look like they were interested in learning what it really is.

On another note sunday they were demoing teles. (I tried it by the way.) There was a guy in the lift with some teles that had a rather large notch out the back corners of his skis (just one corner per ski). Says Clebner, "Don't you know asyms are out?"

1) Liftie at the Midway chair, hardbooters favorite: "You guys have a tribe here?"

Me: "Yes, Cypress is the Headquarters."

2) Softbooter at the top of nice black run, while I was eyeballing my line: "What is that thing call?"

Me: "Snowboard"

Softbooter: "Huh, snowboard? What kind of snowboar is that?"

Me: "Carving, Alpine or Race, as you wish..." and proceeded to EC the hill, leaving them in dust.

Other then that, Vampire atracted lots of admiration from general public. Roy's and Ruwi's 4WDs too.

On another note sunday they were demoing teles. (I tried it by the way.) There was a guy in the lift with some teles that had a rather large notch out the back corners of his skis (just one corner per ski). Says Clebner, "Don't you know asyms are out?"

Those would be Scotty Bobs - according to my knee-dropping hippy friends, the best powder tele skis made...

Guest Tool Can
was the guy in the lift line that says "Hey, if you like that you should try snowboarding....." :biggthump

That one is priceless for sure:rolleyes:

Worst? :barf:WTF are you doing?!!! As this Carver was almost Brained while in a toe Side.

Best?:D

Saturday some Skier's and a SB'er gave me props after they charged my line.(Fouled it,Stood me Up)

They quickly became moving meat Pilons in the S of Trenchs,dug for a little respect out there, while over taken on a balls out run. Surrrprise:eplus2:

Dude! You where like laid out and looking up at me Carving it man! I've never seen that!!....All smile's in a lift line.That is cool as ....

This was great because there is a young,Blond,Athletic,SB,lifty chick who has been expressing interest in Carving taking it all in.

You are like the Silver Surfer!

Said:Well I will take that! Cause I am down with the Silver Surfer.A few people at lift where like.Yeah, Silver Surfer is Cool.He's cool, its cool.

Said: I hope he is cool cause I feel cool out there do'en it.The G's Feel Soo Good Mahn.Yeah baby,Ahmen much stoke.

We get a lot of good hoops and yells up this way from onlookers.It sure does make the day.Stokes the Stoke.

By the next day.I could over hear.There's Silver Surfer Dude I was telling you about......

Hope the Buzz translates into more Carvers of all age's on the slopes.

Last week after finishing sweep I was putting my board back in my locker and the Snow Sports Director said "you looked great out there today" (or something to that effect). He then asked if I would be interested in coaching a snowboard race team for the mountain next season.

I was totally flattered, but had to explain that I had been having an abnormally good day on the hero conditions, and that I know NOTHING about racing or coaching.

By the way, if anyone here is interested in a job such as this, send me email and I'll put you in touch. Location is Loon Mountain in NH.

I Was in Whistler last week and I heard something that I could not believe..

I was second in line in the singles line of a quad chair lift, a skier was in front of me- next one to go. A threesome was coming up and as they pulled along side he asked "is it ok if I join you?" they replied - " NO it is too difficult to get off!"

:(:(:(:(:(:(:confused::confused:

Similar situation. I was riding with some friends and a friend of theirs. This friend of friend said she didn't like riding with boarders because we make it hard to get off the lift. At the top of the lift, she promptly turned into me and ate it after we had all agreed we were turning the other way. She of course blamed me.