• 21-25
    • 26-30
    • 31-35
    • 36-40
    • 41-45
    • 46-50
    • 50-60
    • >60

36, industrial hygienist working for the Utah Labor Commission (OSHA division), about 50% time behind the desk (OSHA paperwork), and balance out in the field.

People like Noah LOVE it when I pay a visit :eplus2: Actually, he has a VERY important job :biggthump

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Mechanical Engineer in Iowa. Been riding softboots for about 5 years, now itching to go to hardboots. Watched several guys screaming down Snowmass just days before they closed last season, digging trenches and really laying it over.

I'm really surprised to see a fair number at the upper end!

Industrial designer. Own company - doing all things "design". Riding, skiing, flyfishing and sailing when there's no work ;) Van is the place to be... Kids' Camp ski instructor, too.

31 yers on skis. 1 year on hard boots, 2 years on soft boots. Before that, on hard boots for couple of years, but sporadically.

Boris

22- College dropout, ski bum and sommelier-in-training. And a little bit of instructing/coaching on the side.

39 on friday, College drop out, US Navy Photographer for 17 years...I live and work in a HUGE grey cubical(USS Kitty Hawk), I have been known not to see the light of day for a month or two. Thankfully I'm leaving that behind in 2 days for the ICE COAST...can we get a good season please :biggthump 20 years or so of on and off snowboarding 3 season on Plates

BTW Jim how do you feel about Australian Shiraz???

I am 37, and proud to be part of the prevalent IT contigent that seems to lurk around here. I work as a network administrator from a cube of course!

I was a skier first but tried a carving board in 93' and have been hooked ever since. My first board was a F2 World cup beamer.

In my mind, I'm still that 16 year old boy who got a surfboard for his birthday and learned to surf the Atlantic-side beaches of northern Florida. But my shoulder surgery over the summer tells me I'm 47, and I won't paddle a surfboard again.

I'm a Snowboarder and a Skateboarder for life. I try to define my life by those pursuits and not by how I earn money. Funding comes from 30 years in the offset printing trade. I'm hoping to become a full-time gravity addict in the next 3 to 5 years.

Mark

turned 45 this year

but I feel way younger on a board. maybe cuz I only started in '99. I guess that makes me 7 this winter.

Dude. When I met you at Fin's shop, you sure as hell dont look 45. Alot younger than that would be my original estimate.

I'm a Snowboarder and a Skateboarder for life. I try to define my life by those pursuits and not by how I earn money. Funding comes from 30 years in the offset printing trade. I'm hoping to become a full-time gravity addict in the next 3 to 5 years.

Mark

Here here Mark personally I've always felt best mentally and physically when I'm boarding (skate/snow/used to surf) regularly. And my wife has come to realize that I will always be a "Skater Boy" :ices_ange

Very cute little beastie...BTW have you ever seen a Norwegian Forest Cat??? most are bigger than a Coon (my parents is like 25lbs and not fat)

41 now, 42 by the end of this next snow season :flamethro Snowboarding and surfing keeps me feeling young.

Water Quality Chemist looking for a better paying job this year, so I can afford college for my first born.

My wife prefers skiing and our three kids ride softies :biggthump

Ahhh, check out my new Maine Coon kitten (largest domestic cat available)

--Hugh

:AR15firin

post-92-14184220597_thumb.jpg

Australian Shiraz-

As with any wine, you have the good, the bad and the ugly. One of my favorite Shiraz is Torbreck's Woodcutter Shiraz. Great wine for the price. Usually around 20 or 30 bucks. The early 2000's were all darn good years and this wine drinks well young.

Best Shiraz I've had was a mid 80's Penfold's Grange, don't remember exact year. Great Shiraz, but highly overpriced, IMO.

It's funny, Shiraz isn't one of my big favorites. It's usually a huge, bold in your face wine, tons of american oak, whereas I prefer mostly Old World wines and their subtlety, all the earthy nuances.

I love Italian wine because it smells like sh*t.

As to the request for a good syrah, I'm a bit biased to any of the Northern Rhone wines. Hermitage and Cote Rotie are my favorites, but they can tend to get a little pricy. The Cote Roties also require a bit of aging to throw off their youthful headiness. But get a good one and you're in for a treat. If you can find any 2003, buy some and age it for 10 or 20 years. It was an incredibly hot vintage and will produce some fantastic wines. Heck, 2003 was great all over the Rhone, you can pick up some good Cotes du Rhone that year that will blow your mind.

Washington is also making some darn good syrah as of late, check out l'Ecole 49 and Margerum. Good times.

Now technically Syrah and Shiraz are the same grape (originated in Iran, I think syrah means booze in arabic. It was brought to the northern rhone by knights returnign from the crusades) but I feel the name usually will tell you the stylastic differences. Shiraz usually means New World style, big and in your face. Syrah usually are more refined, subtle wines.

Sorry about going off on a tangent....