• 41-45
    • 46-50
    • 50-60
    • >60

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it just me or are there alot of computer geeks in this forum. I am a DBA/.Net programmer for a medium size law firm. love the cube

Callen thanks for the suggestion. I do love the Cotes du Rhone and Penfold's. wish my wife like the Red but alas only digs the white. Italian wine does rock.

NateW I got a friend who works for the evil empire too.

I am 33 and eat lots of cookies washed down with lots and lots of cookie juice! :p

But really, I am Powerline Technician as they call it our here. Most places call us Lineman and others call us Powerline Maintainer. Whatever you call me, it is all the same. Everyone thinks we are lazy F**ks untill the power goes out, then we are gods when it is restored. Working in the great outdoors is the greatest perk of this job. I would go stir crazy cooped up in a cubicle, not to mention all the weight I would gain.

I'm your average 22 year old college student. Currently going for an Ecology degree with asperations of landing a job in Fisheries Management with US Fish & Wildlife or a DNR somewhere. This will be season 11 for me (8 of those were based out of Chicago, so I still got some Noobieness left in me :freak3: ). Season 4 on plates....

35 years old

Adrenalin junkie with a 16 year old attitude and 80 year old knees

Equity Derivatives trader spending way too much time in front of moving numbers on little screens

Boarding since '81, hardboots on & off since '86, even in the pipe! (yes - I wanted to be Damian Sanders a long time ago)

Tim Tuthill wins at 62 but I'm not all that far behind. I turn 59 on Tuesday. I took up boarding in 1998 and hardboots a year later and had some racing success within three years.

In an earlier life I pursued gymnastics, barefoot water skiing, sky diving, and springboard diving and now focus on snowboard racing, ski racing, and golf.

I gave up gymnastics on my 50th birthday when I did my last ever standing back flip (see below).

erjwyh.gif

Still six years from retirement, I toured Montana and northern Idaho with the child bride a couple of weeks ago scouting out places where I can lay down tracks into the sunset.

As long as my inner child is only 17 I'll be okay.....

56 Prefer to hang out off piste, in the bumps and steeps on plates and not too stiff carving boards, carving while in Duluth Mn. only. (Tacoma Wa is home base)

Semi retired for 35 years, I work about 60 days a year. General Contractor on referral only. I get to pick and choose, (I love my work, much of which is fixing other people's screw ups, and working for very particular people).

Surfing, climbing, trail running, carving all leave little time to have a regular job.

34.... and work? I work from midnight to 8am at a tv station thus alowing the daytime hours for fun things! Sleep? who needs sleep??? (but ask me that again come mid season when I'm about to drop from trying to do too much!!!) I'll probably be teaching 2 or 3 days a week again this year. (How much tortue can my body take???)

28 going on 29 next month, former investment banker but thankfully unemployed at the moment

Although this poll is unofficial, I think its the most interesting one I've seen since I've joined this forum. A good insight as to who our peers are. From a marketing standpoint, I'd market alpine gear to the 30-40 age group esp since this is a demographic that is starting to earn a significant income and seems to be especially active. On top of that, guys (or gals) such as myself, who want to hold on to their youth and athleticism as long as possible will shell out dough for better equipment.

Guest Randy S.

41. I'm a market/business consultant to technology vendors, mostly in the telecom and related areas. Nate's evil empire employer is one of my clients. I'll have to look him up the next time I'm up there. I've worked in sales my whole life, now I'm just selling myself and my partner (I joke that I'm his pimp). Right now I work in an office, but we're moving soon, I might actually end up back in a cube. Whatever, as long as I can read BOL all day at work, I'm happy.

Been riding since 1986, hard boots since around 89. Got the knees of a 70 year old. Combine that with an unhealthy adrenaline habit and relative lack of fear and I'm dangerous to myself.

21, uni student, pure science major. Sorry I'm not a computer science guy like half of you here lol. I'm a pretty big computer hardware geek though (I'm a gamer) and a bit of a linux geek as well (Slackware).

I'm hoping to go into a PhD program after uni, but I may have to get a masters first if I don't get my GPA up high enough before I graduate. Yup, I could be in school until my late twenties. :smashfrea

Will be worth it in the end though, and it's actually kind of fun except for when your rushing to get everything done...which is 99% of the time. Maybe I should spend less time on online forums lol. :D

56 Prefer to hang out off piste, in the bumps and steeps on plates and not too stiff carving boards, carving while in Duluth Mn. only. (Tacoma Wa is home base)

Semi retired for 35 years, I work about 60 days a year. General Contractor on referral only. I get to pick and choose, (I love my work, much of which is fixing other people's screw ups, and working for very particular people).

Surfing, climbing, trail running, carving all leave little time to have a regular job.

Bumpy- We'll have to try a few runs at Crystal this year. I am up in Bellevue and 58 yr old.

I am a 58 yr old amateur golfer making about $1-5 dollars a week from fellow players. I have a great day job that gives me a check every two weeks to help pay for green fees and lift tickets and an automobile habit. Boarding for about 8 years. I am basically living my life backwards compared to most folks. I married young and had two kids, no job to speak of, raised the kids, have a bit more education, have a good job, then the kids grew up and left and now I am in my “20s” and single and have money at 58 year old. Lovin it.

on how we perceive ourselves as human beans. As Jeffrey Day points out the poll here has nothing to do with an occupation yet, this is how most of us are identifying ourselves (as well as stating ages). It's hard for me to imagine that a person's occupation is what THEY think most defines who they are. Especially, when the poll doesn't ask for this information.

Our jobs are how we make money to provide needed living expenses. And, jobs and income can come and go at any time. What remains constant in our lives is how we each spend our lives pursuing life, sports, and good health. I try to focus on those things rather than how I make a paycheck.

Mark

36...3d animator

boarding since 86-87 season. First Mt to ride with Board: Magic :eek:

Hardboots since March 12th 96, Killington

final softboot ride April 23rd 97, Killington :ices_ange

Gear History:

8 boards/ 3 were defective and replace.

3 pairs of boots

God knows how many clothes I replace over the years since I rode plates??? :confused: Damn, this sport is very expensive! But it's worth it! :1luvu: