Note to New Members ×

Edge Passion

WinterGold

1 hour ago, MR. JOHN DEERE ! said:

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the riding, the outfits are just as good. 

I had a outfit epidemic years ago, got called out, still do for my prior sins, so i have done my best to minimize................

its hard. 

Just now, MR. JOHN DEERE ! said:

I had a outfit epidemic years ago, got called out, still do for my prior sins, so i have done my best to minimize................ its hard.

I think I have about 6 boards in my quiver, 4-5 complete outfits, ONLY cause I'm in between sizes again. 

Every morning I mull it over. I ride with a tough crowd, so the opinions start right away. 

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, MR. JOHN DEERE ! said:

I had a outfit epidemic years ago, got called out, still do for my prior sins, so i have done my best to minimize................

its hard. 

What is the use of minimizing? Nah ...

Go big!!! 💪🏼🤟🏼😇

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WinterGold said:

Not even half my stash ... 😇😎 #toomanyseasons

Dang! OK most of us all have a Quiver addiction issue, but  an outfit addiction issue we’ll that brings it to a whole new level! The only other rider that I know of with many outfits is @dredman? 😁

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, GeoffV said:

Dang! OK most of us all have a Quiver addiction issue, but  an outfit addiction issue we’ll that brings it to a whole new level! The only other rider that I know of that may come close is @dredman? 😁

You know, it is a drive for perfection. Just like with the boards and any other piece of equipment. I want to know the differences for myself. Deeluxe, UPZ, Northwave or Mountain Slope? Bomber TD3, CC Speed TC or F2 Race Ti? Vist, Bomber, Apex or Allflex? Kessler, SG, Apex or Oxess? Goretex Active, Goretex Pro, Dermizax or Schoeller membrane? Primaloft or down? 3L, 2.5L or 2L? And so on and so forth ... I tried everything myself ... it is a process and you end up with a lot of stuff ... but it is part of the journey and also a lot of fun ...

(Sorry for all the stuff and companies I left out 😇😂)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, barryj said:

That's some disgustingly....... good riding!  You got a Pilots license for all that Air Time??

What model Oxess is that?  What's the specs?? 

Hey, thank you so much!!! 👊🏻💪🏼

Which Oxess model? That is not so easy to answer. In the video I am on Oxess RS162 and RS164 models. But they are all a little different concerning mainly construction and slight differences in width.

I also use an RS185, but not too often ...

5 minutes ago, barryj said:

Personally I like outfit #8? ...the yellow/purple onesie? with the patch on the right shoulder....  seen around 1:13 in the video  :1luvu:

Good choice! 😂

In fact that is a highly limited edition made by The North Face for Supreme.

5 minutes ago, WinterGold said:

I am on Oxess RS162 and RS164 models.

I've had my eye on the RS164 model 🤩

How would you describe the riding difference and/or choosing between those two models? 

Similar SCR?

Edited by barryj

37 minutes ago, barryj said:

I've had my eye on the RS164 model 🤩

How would you describe the riding difference and/or choosing between those two models? 

Similar SCR?

RS162 has 10m - very tight, great when it is really steep and very agile.

RS164 has 11.5m - better allrounder, handles longer, faster turns better and can still do very tight turns.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WinterGold said:

RS164 has 11.5m - better allrounder, handles longer, faster turns better and can still do very tight turns.

Interesting.......the 164 looks like it's making tighter turns than 11.5 scr would suggest.        Which Allflex model is that your on?  Does the Allflex plate help tighten up your turn radius??

I have a Donk AF plate on a K168 that is killer on ice or crust or scraped off conditions and/or afternoon chop....the extra bite from the plate increases my commitment/courage with making tighter turn in marginal conditions.  

What was your RS164 custom order specifics, besides color......hadn't seen Green option ??

17 minutes ago, barryj said:

Interesting.......the 164 looks like it's making tighter turns than 11.5 scr would suggest.        Which Allflex model is that your on?  Does the Allflex plate help tighten up your turn radius??

I have a Donk AF plate on a K168 that is killer on ice or crust or scraped off conditions and/or afternoon chop....the extra bite from the plate increases my commitment/courage with making tighter turn in marginal conditions.  

What was your RS164 custom order specifics, besides color......hadn't seen Green option ??

You can turn it really tight. I would say that the Allflex helps a bit (better pressure distribution).

I normally use the standard Allflex M flex with longitudinal or triangular cut.

The new limegreen option (it was my idea ☺️) is new and should be available for everyone for next season.

Specs are very personal. Marcel will help you. I use flex H boards with 197mm to 202mm widths. Some have some extra carbon inlays. Differences aren‘t too big.