Note to New Members ×

Edge Passion

WinterGold

4 hours ago, barryj said:

Thanks for the info! 

If you got any used beater RS164's you want to unload let me know :biggthump 

Nothing beats speaking directly to Marcel to determine your needs and then *poof* magic happens and the perfect board arrives at your door. Or it arrives at customs who then charge you more money and THEN it arrives at your door. Maybe I have done just that recently... Hmmmmmm :ph34r:

4 hours ago, WinterGold said:

The new limegreen option (it was my idea ☺️) is new and should be available for everyone for next season.

I believe that is available now, just looking at the Oxess technical brief now and the 5 colours are named:

Pink, Black, White, Grey, Acid Lime Alienfrog Ultrabright Green

Theoretically if I were to order a new Oxess, I would get black logo on black topsheet. Theoretically.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, daveo said:

Theoretically if I were to order a new Oxess

Hey Daveo!  :eek:  Where Ya Been Brother?                                                                                  Long time , no forum action!      We've missed your  repartee!

...and what did you just order....in theory :eplus2:

Edited by barryj

1 hour ago, barryj said:

Hey Daveo!  :eek:  Where Ya Been Brother?                                                                                  Long time , no forum action!      We've missed your  repartee!

...and what did you just order....in theory :eplus2:

Ha, kind of got presented with an opportunity with work and I took it and as a result locked myself away. That and cartilage damage to my left knee basically made me retire from all sport- couldn't walk for a few months. But I wouldn't have been snowboarding anyway. Don't worry I'm back to share more photos of my carefully manicured fingernails.

I mean we're just talking hypotheticals here... IF an order were to already be placed it would be an SXR174/12.5m, medium flex and extra dampening 'stuff'. Basically something that allows the most safety and predictability for my knee- doesn't turn too much to hurt it but doesn't go too fast to .. hurt it haha. We based it off my requirements for the knee, my strength levels, height, weight and skill (or lack of) level. Initially we were thinking an RS164 (see @WinterGold is a bad influence..), but ultimately we decided to go less intense. I'm a convert to Oxess these days, nothing against other boards, it's just personal preference.

In saying that, @WinterGold was extremely helpful in sharing his experience and knowledge with me to help me choose the board. Marcel, as always, was really helpful and as usual @slapos wasn't helpful at all.

I can't wait to get it and not ride it...

But first and foremost how about that @WinterGold video! Congrats.

Edited by daveo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, daveo said:

Ha, kind of got presented with an opportunity with work and I took it and as a result locked myself away. That and cartilage damage to my left knee basically made me retire from all sport- couldn't walk for a few months. But I wouldn't have been snowboarding anyway. Don't worry I'm back to share more photos of my carefully manicured fingernails.

I mean we're just talking hypotheticals here... IF an order were to already be placed it would be an SXR174/12.5m, medium flex and extra dampening 'stuff'. Basically something that allows the most safety and predictability for my knee- doesn't turn too much to hurt it but doesn't go too fast to .. hurt it haha. We based it off my requirements for the knee, my strength levels, height, weight and skill (or lack of) level. Initially we were thinking an RS164 (see @WinterGold is a bad influence..), but ultimately we decided to go less intense. I'm a convert to Oxess these days, nothing against other boards, it's just personal preference.

In saying that, @WinterGold was extremely helpful in sharing his experience and knowledge with me to help me choose the board. Marcel, as always, was really helpful and as usual @slapos wasn't helpful at all.

I can't wait to get it and not ride it...

But first and foremost how about that @WinterGold video! Congrats.

Thank you, my friend! 👊🏻
If such an SXR would exist, it would bring so much joy! 😇

2 hours ago, Carvin' Marvin said:

Very nice, good job!

🙏🏻👊🏻

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hollywood 90210 said:
  On 3/9/2021 at 9:27 AM, MR. JOHN DEERE ! said:

I ride with a tough crowd, so the opinions start right away. 

Yeah guy.  No point in going around looking like a mitten-clad, boot-gloved, jolly green giant if your day includes poaching pow under the gondi.  We were just looking out for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1