Note to New Members ×

Snow blues

Comapedrosa

Just that... snow blues...

do you also suffer from it?

lately I’ve been incessantly rummaging around here. Maybe it’s too much sun. Or because they’ve robbed us of the end of the season...

can’t wait for the pow

even just bought new boots!?!?!!!!

Edited by Comapedrosa
  • Like 2

started in late on storage wax and loosening bindings... I have two new softy boards and bindings coming but I feel like i made my boards suffer for the last two months in isolation in the basement with out proper end of season maintenance and storage. I feel so guilty/ shame on me

I have the equipment, have the season passes, and even have everything all booked and paid for, for Nationals next April in Copper. I hear every tick of the clock, loud and clear......

Yea, I get it......

38 minutes ago, TVR said:

I have the equipment, have the season passes, and even have everything all booked and paid for, for Nationals next April in Copper. I hear every tick of the clock, loud and clear......

Yea, I get it......

I only wish i had as much faith in other people as you do ! Safe trip !

4 hours ago, JRAZZ said:

I'm just wondering how the Sunday morning routine will look when we can't hang out at the lodge and line up for breakfast...

It's just not the same!

We will be running our pop up truck camper  a lot this winter (hopefully) so tailgating with on open kitchen/coffee

3 hours ago, big mario said:

Lovey actually makes a relatively affordable and edible breakfast

The coffee sucks though...

Ill make a special skier breakfast with killer coffee for all LCI members

• Like 3

4 hours ago, slopestar said:

We will be running our pop up truck camper  a lot this winter (hopefully) so tailgating with on open kitchen/coffee

Ill make a special skier breakfast with killer coffee for all LCI members

Sounds awesome.  Might have to  a pop up for post ride beverages. Wind might be an issue though. Go figure

Edited by big mario

8 hours ago, big mario said:

Lovey actually makes a relatively affordable and edible breakfast

The coffee sucks though...

Very accurate, especially about the coffee.   Whenever I am going from Denver to Loveand,  I get coffee at the Starbucks on Kipling (Wheatridge?). The other 2 on the way up are always crowded or slow.  Maybe the closer I get to Loveland, the less patience I have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davekempmeister said:

Very accurate, especially about the coffee.   Whenever I am going from Denver to Loveand,  I get coffee at the Starbucks on Kipling (Wheatridge?). The other 2 on the way up are always crowded or slow.  Maybe the closer I get to Loveland, the less patience I have.

$hit, I lose my patience as soon as I turn off of federal and get on I 70. My honi turned me into a nesspresso Junky.  The espresso/snowboard rental joint in Idaho Springs is not bad, but 7am opening sometimes means 7:30.  A little too loose for my sometimes tightly wound self.😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Snow blues are a waste of today, the best day you can be alive. Pining for something you can't have, rather than seizing the day in front of you is the result of not understanding how precious each day you are on the right side of the grass is.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SunSurfer said:

Snow blues are a waste of today, the best day you can be alive. Pining for something you can't have, rather than seizing the day in front of you is the result of not understanding how precious each day you are on the right side of the grass is.

Easy for you to say with two weeks to go !

6 hours ago, SunSurfer said:

☹️

You need to discover what coffee can really be.

https://www.newzealand.com/au/feature/wellington-coffee-capital/

People at Wellington CO can be just as snobby about coffee as people from Wellington NZ 😄

1343577564_Annotation2020-07-25074927.jpg.762db4886fd916994ccc05659be53d00.jpg

However, coffee at 11,000 ft does not taste the same as coffee at sea level 😞

6 hours ago, SunSurfer said:

Exactly!

760669128_Annotation2020-07-25074928.jpg.2a4676b811e161dea2b3d006e2ce9d19.jpg

On 7/21/2020 at 8:52 PM, Comapedrosa said:

Just that... snow blues...

do you also suffer from it?

lately I’ve been incessantly rummaging around here. Maybe it’s too much sun. Or because they’ve robbed us of the end of the season...

can’t wait for the pow

even just bought new boots!?!?!!!!

best spring skiing weather in a decade and we get robbed by covid😭

Thankfully  my onewheel is a great treatment for snow blues and totally cures my turn jones, plus city streets emptied by fear made for some surreal pavement surfing in april and may:1luvu:

I felt like Omega Man

Edited by b0ardski

Yeah, I agree with you on spring skiing.... 

However, I don't have time for snow blues... Between all the house renos, sailing, fishing and tennis, I didn't even get a chance to hop on my skateboards or bicycle. Driving errands, with the top down, is quite fun too. 

11 hours ago, SunSurfer said:

love it; how very Zen!  there is no good/bad just the moment.  Nirvana is a journey.
I am sure it's winter in your neck of the wood help lol...

@lowriderI spent last Friday providing anaesthesia care to 2 people not far from my age. They were both having metastatic cancer deposits removed from their brains.

There is no guarantee the sun will rise for anyone tomorrow. Tell those you love how you feel and make the most of today.

Balance that with remembering that you will only die on one day in your life, every other day you will be alive.

Edited by SunSurfer
  • Like 2