Note to New Members ×

New powder setup, opinions?

breeseomatic

Skynet's T1000 Series is outfitted with an optional militarized, subzero weather carving craft.* Imagine your battalion of Terminators mowing down the enemy while executing flawless heelside turns. Deadly force...made beautiful!

*Carving craft only suited for groomed battle terrain. Must be used with Northwave .900 foot encasement modules.

Reminds me of this--a pure work of art it was!  The penultimate all-terrain snowboard. Pretty sure this was the invention that allowed (or forced) Fin to retire from Bomber!  All you need is a few more plates and stuff and you're there.    :eplus2:

attachicon.gifIMG_1656-XL.jpg

Loved the thought that went into the progressive spring rate. pure genius I tell ya

Gotta get that 12 degrees on the rear foot! On a serious note, I think I would like more than 6 degrees on the back foot.

Amen to that - I would love to try a 9 degree cant

Anyone know the max canting angle on a catek

While I love the ride of my TD3sw weight is a downside.  Sure would be cool to try something lighter like carbon fiber for the cant disks.

Sing a Song of 8

Breeseomatic's original post and powder set up picture, the plate with 2 cant disks, with the yellow e-ring and the power plate, seem like a combination that would REALLY smooth our the harsh sensation you get when riding powder. :eek:

On a serious note, I think I would like more than 6 degrees on the back foot.

Anyone know the max canting angle on a catek

I my memory is correct, the little F2 wedges are 4 degrees each.  Two wedges on the F2 Carve is a light and flexible set up for powder and give you 8 degrees.  If I had to pull a Catek Freeride cant angle out of the air, to me the max cant of my Catek OS1 Freerides feels like the 8 degrees of the F2 cant set up.

Rob

On a serious note, I think I would like more than 6 degrees on the back foot.

Unless  you have some sort of bizarro structural issues, I think you'll find that 'the math' doesn't work out so well once you get too far past 6 degrees of either cant or lift.

But don't let that dissuade you from experiment.

If it feels good, do it :1luvu: 

Not sure about the math either?

What I do know is wider stances, lower rear foot stance angles on longer boards has made this feel great for me.  Surfs Up :cool: 

To each his own.

Always with respect for your thoughts Mr Beckmann!

Cheers

Rob

post-171-0-59703000-1446778354_thumb.jpg

Yes!  That was every isolation-type device Bomber made.  This was part of an ultimate board build-off at SES.  The big cylinders weren't shocks, but freely-telescoping shafts that prevented the nose and tail from twisting.  

Beside it is the Coiler/Shred board made only with straight segments to simulate a round sidecut, as described by a more-than-slightly buzzed Bruce talking smack to the others.  Beside that was an uber-light Donek proto - I recall the board + plate was about the same weight as most boards.  

Not in the picture was Ron's (was it Ron?) super-Aspen-special with cougar lights and various other things.  See the video of the red smoke trail down first tracks for another appearance of this board.  I think there was also a custom Virus up there too, but I can't recall any details other than it looked gorgeous, like most Virus boards.