Note to New Members ×

UPZ Boots

Maxlanaudiere

After going through, the pink koflach, to the Nordica , Through Raichles and deluxx and Now UPZ...   Obviously fit is the most important and I find the UPZ has the best heel pocket IMO, best stock liner, never needed to do much of anything.  The one thing that bothers me on any five buckle boot is that darn center buckle than when flexed with bang into the other buckle and in a lot of case cause it to come undone.  It may have been old but that old style cable center strap buckle solved all of that, never thought they should have gotten rid of that.  I see in Ace's post on the UPZ that the center buckle may now be someway like that old style, but when I go to the UPZ Yoja site, I don;'t see any upgrades like that.   

So I did the next thing possible and went to the RC8 with only 4 buckles and seems not to bang or no where near as much,  also you put the hard tounges on them,,, and they are stiff.  LOVE the UPZ and the light weight is silly....  

Good luck, sure would be nice to see the best of both deluxx and  UPZ and have a 3 boot, but I doubt that unless a million people get into hard boots we will never see it..  let alone the numbers for alpine seem to be on the decline...  

Right Said Shred

• Like 2

While we are on that topic, how does the RC10 compare to the RSV boots?

RC10s are softer and easier to get into/out of than RTRs, and their stiffness is less affected by temperature. I think RSVs are stiffer than RTRs, but I haven't been able to make a fair comparison as the RSVs had what I think is a more flexible liner.

You learn a way to twist your foot while pulling the shell tongue sideways and the liner tongue forwards... not as critical with the RC10s. They spoil all the fun.

RC10s are softer and easier to get into/out of than RTRs, and their stiffness is less affected by temperature. I think RSVs are stiffer than RTRs, but I haven't been able to make a fair comparison as the RSVs had what I think is a more flexible liner.

You learn a way to twist your foot while pulling the shell tongue sideways and the liner tongue forwards... not as critical with the RC10s. They spoil all the fun.

I have a custom made liner so it wasn't the original stock liner. Thermo liner or something like that. It's been a LONG time since the last time I saw them out of the boots was when I was swapping out the DIN/hardboot sole as well as Michelle of Bomber molding it to my feet. 

• 2 weeks later...

I ride the UPZ RC10 also with a custom spring machanism bought from a italian guy.

Hi Hans, 

Just got some RC10's yesterday.  Not 100% sure about them, but they were the most comfortable.  I still get a but of ankle bone pressure, and a slight tingling which is not a great sign, but hopefully I can make it work.  What is the spring system you use? ACSS?  Do you have to drill any holes?

cheers,

Slayer

Hi Hans,

Just got some RC10's yesterday. Not 100% sure about them, but they were the most comfortable. I still get a but of ankle bone pressure, and a slight tingling which is not a great sign, but hopefully I can make it work. What is the spring system you use? ACSS? Do you have to drill any holes?

cheers,

Slayer

The link Pokkis has posted. No drills needed, just only get the cuff of and you are ready to install, italian made DGSS. Made my ride a lot better, more dynamic. By the way, I have liners from Bootdoc in them.

Edited by Hans

Looks easy enough to instal but how much more weight does it add.

I just drink one beer less and there you gain the difference in weight lol

Hope to get my new Virus hardboots and Interceptor tomorrow at my doorstep.

Edited by Hans

• 2 weeks later...

http://upzboots.com/shop/upz-single-rivet-tongue-conversion-kit/

Looks like you can buy the buckles too... I think I will definitely be doing this at the end of the season/ at sale time!

I just ordered a set of these. I upgraded to the stiffer grey tongues awhile back and although they are much more supportive than the soft black tongues the boots come with, they make getting in and out of the boots a bit of an ordeal. Looking forward to this change for sure. Will post my findings when I recieve/install them.

I just ordered a set of these. I upgraded to the stiffer grey tongues awhile back and although they are much more supportive than the soft black tongues the boots come with, they make getting in and out of the boots a bit of an ordeal. Looking forward to this change for sure. Will post my findings when I recieve/install them.

Looking forward to hearing it!