Note to New Members ×

Zsa Zsa the Bomber Dog Moves On.....

fin

I am sorry to say, Zsa Zsa the Bomber shop dog passed away this weekend. It was completely unexpected and the vets examination shows she had extensive cancer throughout her entire intestinal track. Unfortunately, she kept this to herself and never made it apparent. I found her Sunday morning after she had passed on during the night. She was 9 years old.

I am putting this in the main forum as Zsa Zsa was an integral part of Bomber for the past 8 years. She literally was the shop dog and and performed her "duties" like a true Rottweiler. She was to meet/greet everyone at the door and was in charge of security. You would find her doing her rounds where she would walk around the shop, poke her head into your office with a look saying "everything cool here?". And of course let's not forget the time Zsa Zsa woke me up in the middle of the night to tell me a burglar was in the back yard taking our aluminum stock. Because of here, I was able to call the cops and catch the guy. And of course being my best friend goes without saying.

With my limited grasp of philosophy I can tell you this: remember the things that matter and how they can be gone like that. The toys, machines, cash we all strive for are not the treasures you have, that's the friends, family, and yes, pets we have. The other stuff is irrelevant and temporary.

It's a long hot summer, but it can't last for ever. We'll be carving soon.......

post-1-141842369574_thumb.jpg

post-1-141842369579_thumb.jpg

Condolences, my friend.

"If you can start the day without caffeine,

If you can always be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains,

If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles,

If you can eat the same food every day and be grateful for it,

If you can understand when your loved ones are too busy to give you any time,

If you can overlook when those you love take it out on you when, through no fault of yours, something goes wrong,

If you can take criticism and blame without resentment,

If you can ignore a friend's limited education and never correct him

If you can resist treating a rich friend better than a poor friend,

If you can face the world without lies and deceit,

If you can conquer tension without medical help,

If you can relax without liquor,

If you can sleep without the aid of drugs,

If you can say honestly that deep in your heart you have no prejudice against creed, color, religion or politics,Then, my friend, you are almost as good as your dog!"

-author unknown

Sorry to hear Fin. Dogs can be a pain - especially when you want to travel. The one I have now is getting pretty old (11) and I question if I will get another when she is gone. But they bring joy to life like nothing else I know of.

Oh Fin, I am so sorry to hear Zsa Zsa has headed off over the Rainbow Bridge. I'm sure the Bomber shop feels empty without her company today.

I meant to reply to this thread last night, but just as I started to type, good dog Rabbit poked her head in the door with a hopeful little wag - her way of saying "Geez, you've been at work all day and now you want to sit at that silly computer - when you could be rubbing my belly?!?!" So I had to go love her up. She's aging fast, and I keep feeling our time left together is short....

You're exactly right - it's the people in our lives that give it true meaning, and the fur people are often the most steadfast and enduring friends of all. My heart goes out to you, as you grieve the loss of your friend.

"Every blade in the field, every leaf in the forest, lays down its life in its season as beautifully as it was taken up."

- Henry David Thoreau

and obviously quite the personality. He' lucky to have lived in your incredible high country.

So sorry for your loss.

We currently have two rescue mutts - Wilbur, the mixed lab who hates getting wet (?!), and Daisy, who bounced out in front of our car (and then into our lives) on the Fourth. She's a mixed terrier pup, who we're trying to find a good home. The laid-back sweetie can reduce a baseball to shavings and a tangle of string in nothing flat.

Sadly, Wilbur is very aggressive and territorial (no hint of that when he was a pup), so Daisy can't stay.

I'm trying to set up my skateboard business so that for every deck sold, $10 goes directly to an accredited shelter (of the buyer's choice, if possible) or to planting and maintaining at least one tree during its critical first year. (How many dogs will love us for that!!)

Kudos to all you canine lovers and keepers out there!

BB

Completes I presume? That seems VERY generous. I thought the mark up was really tight on decks?

Very good cause and you are obviously a generous dog lover!!! Kudos!

Out of respect for Fin and Zsa Zsa, I'm gonna move this to Off Topic. Will reply tomorrow.

Dogs are the most loving and devoted companions, and the most trusting "dependents" you can ever have. I suspect most people can never forget them - no matter how much time may pass.

Peace to all

BB

Fin that's a bummer.

Rotty's are the best, we just got a female pup last May and she is awesome. Like Zsa Zsa did, when I'm away for business, she takes over as the homeland security. About every 1/2hr she'll get up walk around the house and peek out each window, great breed. Plus she's basically my daughters personal body guard, never leaves her side.

Thanks everyone for the supporting words and stories. By all means, post pics of your friends who have moved on here.

Jack: love that quote, so true.

Of course when this happens you talk to people who have had it also happen to them and it got me to thinking why can we feel so sad (at least I do) when we hear of a dog pass away but possibly not as sad when we hear of a human (one you don't know) pass away? Case in point: in the original Jaws movie all those people got chomped on, but all I can remember was being so sad when that lab gets eaten while swimming.

I believe I know why. People by definition are a-holes. All of use, you, me, the other guy. We have the ability to do things to one another that are bad and have bad intents. I have had people I consider friends steal from me, lie to me, and generally do nasty things a friend should not do. A dog is never an a-hole or jerk. Every heard a dog called these? Yes, they might do something bad (pee in the house, eat a shoe, etc) but their "intent" is never evil. So when they pass, it is something that truly deserved to live.

Of course the exception to this rule is children as they fall under the rule of having good intents and are considered an innocent. At what age that changes, not sure.