Note to New Members ×

Who's Showing Up??? SES 2012!

Michelle

I hope these base depths are riding better than they sound:

Snowmass: 36.00 inch

Aspen Mountain: 17.00 inch

Aspen Highlands: 35.00 inch

Buttermilk: 24.00 inch

Are those summit or village depths? Hey locals, is there really enough snow to ride in Aspen right now? Still coming, but hoping the next 3 weeks add a few more FEET of snow to those totals.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi there,

Yea, coverage is not the best, none the less had a very very good day on Ruthies yesterday. Unfortunately had to finish way to early due to do my legs giving up. After some good pancakes at Bonnies Copper Bowl sure was a blast.

Nough said!?

Still, I agree, some more snow would be very good!

OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH!

When have you ever had a bad time in Aspen? I have already sacrificed, 1: my first born, 2: my virginity, 3: my Northland 210cm Stein Erickson E 11 skis, to the Snow Gods. The only problem we will have at SES 2012 is if it snows too much. ;) And I have a new Coiler coming that will see no rocks!

Think Positive!

There'll be at least 2 Kiwis there this year. I'm in Aspen from Jan 26th till the end or until my knees give out. Looking forward to learning a bunch from all you Carver Extraordinaires

Good to see more of a southern hemisphere contingent! You'll have a blast at SES. It's really choice, bro!

After 3 years of absence I will be there this year. I have only one question. What I will do there? I did not do anything over summer during illness and now I have only several half days on manmade snow on bunny slopes. Probably can drink beer, but I could do it at home and it would be cheaper neither to say snow reports from Aspen are too encouraging.:smashfrea

I was all set to go to SES this year - totally looking forward to it after such a fun time last year.... But I just learned that SkES is scheduled to substantially overlap SES this year (it starts just one day earlier.) Well, poo!!!! Who schedules these things anyway?!?!?! :angryfire Very difficult to decide between the two coolest expression sessions on the planet, but when it comes right down to it, I have to go with to the very best and coolest - so SkES it is. :ices_ange

Maybe the scheduling will work out better next year so I can attend both. Have fun everybody!!!

Sitting in my room in Snowmass, arrived this afternoon. I never thought I'd get so puffed on so few stairs.

Still, the acetazolamide has done its' stuff, no sign AMS as yet.

By the quirks of date lines etc. I arrived in Aspen at exactly the same time (Thursday 2nd Feb, 12:05) as I flew out of Wellington, New Zealand.

All set for riding Friday and onwards ......

SunSurfer (a flatlander)