Note to New Members ×

Osama Bin Laden Dead ?

lowrider

Buried at sea?

They should have fed his body to the hogs and then had those hogs turned into hotdogs and served to Yankee fans during their home games!

Or maybe strap his body to a 1000# fuel air bomb and drop it over some Al Queda base.

One of the only people I wish a 'rest in agony' to.

Thanks for the reference-I was going to mention that devout Jews don't mention "His" name...

Is OBL dead? Sure

Did he die yesterday in a firefight outside of Islamabad? You might have to ask Pat Tillman that....

I've already seen a twitter posting implying that OBL was handily buried at sea already. I guess it would be hard to explain freezer burn otherwise

good article. satisfaction, not celebration.

i'm generally quite critical of organised religions or shared-belief systems, but i have to say that judaism is often the most scholarly/enlightened.

Me, I think I'll have a quiet beer, happy that the world has one less nasty person in it.

Plus it's good to know that the we can expect solidarity from the US next time anyone takes out a terrorist cell with special forces.

The Rabbi's reasoning seems to be based on selective quotes from his sacred texts. Osama had his own sacred texts and his reasoning was similar in approach. There's no logical way to tell whose god is right.

I also question yesterday's "death".

Could he have been dead now for months? Could he not really be dead, and this is a plow to bring him out of hiding?

Why the sudden burial at sea? Without any photos, video, etc? Something ain't right here Vern!

Nevertheless, if it brings peace to the world, then who cares? Although I don't think this will end anything, as retaliation is soon to come. I'm sure they have had this event planned for a long time.

"and upon my death, activate the inside suicide bombers for.....". I just hope it's not on my plane ride tomorrow.

Could he have been dead now for months? Could he not really be dead, and this is a plow to bring him out of hiding?

Why the sudden burial at sea? Without any photos, video, etc? Something ain't right here Vern!

Nevertheless, if it brings peace to the world, then who cares? Although I don't think this will end anything, as retaliation is soon to come. I'm sure they have had this event planned for a long time.

"and upon my death, activate the inside suicide bombers for.....". I just hope it's not on my plane ride tomorrow.

After reading this ^^^, I have to say I agree with everything you've said Michelle. Is he really dead? It is a little weird that they buried him at sea immediately after taking his body aboard a US ship. I'm hoping they did take pictures/videos, although even if they did, we may never get to see them (wouldn't want to disturb the children will be the excuse). And finally, I'm sure there will be attempted retribution by the terrorists. It's the when and where that will be the big unknown.

After reading this ^^^, I have to say I agree with everything you've said Michelle. Is he really dead? It is a little weird that they buried him at sea immediately after taking his body aboard a US ship. I'm hoping they did take pictures/videos, although even if they did, we may never get to see them (wouldn't want to disturb the children will be the excuse). And finally, I'm sure there will be attempted retribution by the terrorists. It's the when and where that will be the big unknown.

Too many reputations on the line, and really no point in faking anything.

AQ won't have special contingency terrorist acts planned for such an event. What was in the works will happen or be stopped just as it would have anyway.

Faking it like this would be a major tactical error - we would be throwing Pakistan under a very large bus.

So there will not be a grave site that can be turned into a shrine. They have photos, they are sensitive, we are deciding if/when/how to release them. We also have DNA evidence...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/05/02/bin.laden.body.id/index.html?hpt=C2

This guy thinks Al Qaeda is over:

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/02/al-qaeda-is-dead/?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

pretty weird to have people partying and celebrating.

Not disputing the outcome should have been what it is, but I would no more cheer his death than I would the death of the crazy dog that had to be put down on my uncle's farm.

No joy. Slight relief.