Note to New Members ×

Osama Bin Laden Dead ?

lowrider

How can people celebrate??? If I was a member of a terrorist organization and you killed my beloved leader I'd want revenge, but guess they won't , they'll just all stop their plans and lay down their weapons won't they???

Parading around someone elses country in a uniform, waving your flag, hmm easy target, and whose your enemy the guy at the side of the road with a fruit stall who's willing to blow himself up and die for his cause?? Or some kid on a bus ? Terrorism is hard to fight cos you dont know who your fighting they dont wear uniforms

It feels like his death is more a beginning then the end.

These people are ready to die for their cause but I heard a report that one of them used a woman as a human shield?? Ya right

I think there are many questions that need answering but whats the point in answers if so many of them are lies.

I'm so glad I'm not American now cos I think your leader has now painted even larger tagets on your backs, but I really hope I'm wrong

I hate violence and I hope some day the world would live in harmony but hope and happening are very different. I don't believe there's a country out there who's decisions arent base on money, greed and power and that includes my own. Were just the fuel for their fire:AR15firin

it is not just jokes in bad taste about binLaden.. comedians even joked about Princess Di...it is the world we live in.

What do Lady Diana and Pink Floyd have in common?

Their last greatest hit was 'The Wall'.

or

What was the last thing Dodi said to Diana?

"You look smashing

it is not just jokes in bad taste about binLaden.. comedians even joked about Princess Di...it is the world we live in.

What do Lady Diana and Pink Floyd have in common?

Their last greatest hit was 'The Wall'.

or

What was the last thing Dodi said to Diana?

"You look smashing

I wouldn't call out you joking about bin Laden himself... He came to battle of his own free will.

It's your willingness to paint all the Muslims and Middle Easterners with the same brush that fuels the fire. It's that kind of thing that makes moderates, folks who you'd probably get along fine with if you shared a coffee with them, into enemies.

The news shows what looks like a large crowd in Pakistan chanting "Death to America". The reality is that in Islamabad there's a few million people, but the camera films the crowd in a tight shot, so you think half the city's there. 1,500 people showed up. That's about the same number of Falun Gong protesters who turn up in front of the Canadian Parliment for a protest against China.

These people are not our enemies. If we show compassion in the face of adversity, instead of calling them terrorists, they'll fight the war for us by calling out the ****-disturbers in their midst.

I've been wondering how I'd explain to my 9 year old the street celebrations here in the states. Truth is, I'd probably say essentially the same thing that I tell her when we've seen similar scenes in other countries (burnings in effigy, "Down with America" chants, etc.) I guess I'll say that it's representative of hate and anger. Some of it with merit and some of it misplaced. Bin Laden met a deserved end but I think the celebrations will only serve to perpetuate the issue, even more than his death itself.

Brave people that face down bullets in Bahrain and Egypt and other middle eastern countries have the potential to bring about what our countless billions have not. They deserve more from us and anything that we can do to really further their progress toward a democracy that reflects their culture (not ours) would likely be the best investment of all. Fundamentalists/extremists thrive in the repressive authoritarian states

or those states that are lawless. They'll be totally marginalized if representative gov't takes root, or at least have to quickly run to the center. Look at the Hamas/Fatah alliance.

It's your willingness to paint all the Muslims and Middle Easterners with the same brush that fuels the fire. ...

These people are not our enemies. If we show compassion in the face of adversity, instead of calling them terrorists, they'll fight the war for us by calling out the ****-disturbers in their midst.

I hope you're right, Rob. I heard a good question recently though... if OBL was not a real Muslim then why upon his death did we wrap him in the very religion he worked so hard to pervert?

I hope you're right, Rob. I heard a good question recently though... if OBL was not a real Muslim then why upon his death did we wrap him in the very religion he worked so hard to pervert?

To avoid making the other crazies want to kill us as well (and avoid turning those on the fence of being crazies into crazies).

Jack, I think you've got stuff all backwards. The issue is not whether or not regular, normal muslims care if OBL was treated according to his religion. It's just about 1) taking the high road and 2) not provoking the crazies, who SELF-identify as muslim.

e.g. the KKK, the Westboro Baptist Church, Ann Coulter, and a whole bunch of other crazy people self-identify as Christian. If they are treated as Christians to avoid pissing off their crazy followers, does that have any bearing on whether or not they are actually, really Christians? Does it affect how crazy or violent or hateful you, as a "normal" Christian, are?

To avoid making the other crazies want to kill us as well (and avoid turning those on the fence of being crazies into crazies).

Jack, I think you've got stuff all backwards. The issue is not whether or not regular, normal muslims care if OBL was treated according to his religion. It's just about 1) taking the high road and 2) not provoking the crazies, who SELF-identify as muslim.

e.g. the KKK, the Westboro Baptist Church, Ann Coulter, and a whole bunch of other crazy people self-identify as Christian. If they are treated as Christians to avoid pissing off their crazy followers, does that have any bearing on whether or not they are actually, really Christians? Does it affect how crazy or violent or hateful you, as a "normal" Christian, are?

bingo

my thoughts exactly

anybody that truly loves god as creator can not hate the created

just an opinion

Good points Ken. But the crazies will always be provoked. Either by us, our allies, or their own imaginations.

There are crazies of all religious persuasions. Most of the bombs that have gone off anywhere near me were put there by Catholics. I don't view Catholics as a whole as being any more dangerous than Muslims as a whole.

Most grunt terrorist are motivated by injustice, or at least perceived injustice. The religion thing is just something to hang their hats on. In the case of the IRA, I doubt if they would have had many recruits if it were not for the gross social unfairness that Catholics faced in Northern Ireland. If you want to understand what attracts people to terrorism, look to the injustices (and again sometimes perceived injustices), not the religious grandstanding of a few madmen.

NOTICE:

All 7-11’s, mini-marts, and donut shops will be closed this week, due to a death in the family

Wow. I don't even know what to say about this. I'm embarrased FOR YOU just reading this. What a morbidly ****ing stupid thing to write.