Note to New Members ×

Look who made the cover of Stratton Magazine

AlexJ

Nice Jack:lol:

This is how the photo shoot went down:

Alex: Paul Stratton Magazine wants to do an article on carving, they need us for a photo shoot. You in?

Paul: Uh, I'm a very modest guy and not big into pictures, ok fine I'm in.:1luvu:

Paul: Wait when is this photo shoot?:eek:

Alex: Today

Paul: Man I need to shave and get dolled up for this, can we postpone this? I'm also feeling a bit bloated and don't look my best right now.

Alex eyes roll::barf: Damn Paul you are such a girl I'll see what I can do

2 days later Paul has been to a spa and had the "works" done and is feeling sexy and ready for the shoot.

Photographer: Ok Paul, take a turn here about 40ft from me, make sure you don't smile. It's suppose to look candid.

Paul: Ok, no problem

Photographer: Paul, let's try this again you smiled and stared at the camera. This is not what we discussed.

Paul: sorry

Take 2, same result

Photographer: Paul, WTF:argue: is the matter with you, this is suppose to be a candid shoot not a posed shoot.

Paul: Sorry, uh I get crazy around cameras!:1luvu:

Photographer: Why?

Paul: Uh, I've been on the cover of a famous carving calendar, uh you want an autographed copy? I've also been on a nude calendar shoot with my fire house crew? Any interest in a copy of that?

Photographer: Uh are you gay? This is the last shoot!:AR15firin

Paul: Can we change to my toe side? It's my better angle, I look a lot better?:o

Photographer: You are $#(@ killing me:nono:

post-62-141842326544_thumb.jpg

So 2012 ECES is Sugarloaf?

Umm, no. Whoever said that may have been confused or not gotten the memo yet. ECES 2012 will be at Stratton. The central location and the great organizing job headed up by Steph and Alex cannot be denied. That's not to say that the ECES will never return to Sugarloaf. Actually I was sort of thinking of doing an off-year "ECES lite" at Sugarloaf in 2013, but we'll see.

Very cool Paul. Good article. I don't know of a better ambassador for the sport.

As a lazy Coloradan, I often wondered about the origins of Alpine Boarding. I thought "Why would anyone work so hard to board on hardpack when you can just go find soft snow?". I'm still AC/DC but I can really appreciate a beautiful carve.

I have no interest in the parks or pipes but fresh corduroy and fresh powder are both really appealing.