Note to New Members ×

Burton Seven Point Zero Asym

Riceball

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was an amazing board - held an edge well at speed, but you could also force it into extremely tight turns ... memories ... :ices_ange

Not sure about the performance 16 years later ...

Specs:

Burton PJ 7.0 from 1994 (the last of its kind!)

length: 168,8cm

running length: 145cm

nose width: 272mm

waist width: 220mm

tail width: 272mm

radius:9.75/10.5m

weight: 3.9kg (wow!)

rider weight: +70kg

Any more questions?

Thanks for all the replies. No, I didn't spend that much for it and basically bought it for an extra set of bindings for friends to use. I may try and ride it once just for the hell of it, otherwise I think it would look good on the wall in my bar in the basement.

If you're an expert carver in search of a trip down memory lane, this will be a pretty fun board. Heck I'd like to try it just to remind myself of what asyms were like.

However if you are a novice or progressing carver, there is no point in learning on such drastically niche equipment. You'd learn to carve on it a certain way, and then when you decided it was time to upgrade, you'd have to unlearn a good deal of technique and learn how to ride a normal board, unless you got another asym. The only way to get new asyms these days are to get a full custom, or import one from the scant few manufacturers in Europe that still make them over there.

I know. I never see goofy asyms!

Any chance it might be availiable for a spin at NES? Nah I take it back the board actually looks like it is in such good condition I don't think you want to expose it to lift line abuse. Especially if you are going to wall mount it.

Dave

Any chance it might be availiable for a spin at NES? Nah I take it back the board actually looks like it is in such good condition I don't think you want to expose it to lift line abuse. Especially if you are going to wall mount it.

Dave

Yes, absolutely. I don't buy boards to just look at them.

Look out NES, here comes the 7.0!

I'll look forward to giving that a run.

I'd look almost period specific as the new jacket I bought this year is lime-green and totally reminiscent of 80's neon. Unfortunately my pants are black and nowhere near bright, or tight, enough to complete the look.

Apparently everything old is new again. Including me :rolleyes:.

I see Kato has given it the seal of approval!

That's in nice condition. It would look good behind the bar.

If it's on snow at the NES then the goofy riders (and I think that's pretty much the whole crew) should line up to take it for a spin. It might make for some entertaining video!

I see Kato has given it the seal of approval!

That's in nice condition. It would look good behind the bar.

If it's on snow at the NES then the goofy riders (and I think that's pretty much the whole crew) should line up to take it for a spin. It might make for some entertaining video!

Yea, I gave up trying to take a shot without the damn cat in it. Not sure what smell he was attracted to, but he wouldn't stay away from that board for a whole hour. Maybe it was the smell of fear...