Burton Seven Point Zero Asym

Riceball

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waste of time and money.
Jack, your such a fuddy duddy.;)

The last asym (160 sims ace w/emery surfs) I bought a couple years ago cost me $20. Way more memorable & fun than the last pizza I bought.

People spend more than that for home decor or collectible brickabrack all the time.

Because Jack Michaud said OK. Everything Jack says is the law on Bomber. You should know better!:smashfrea And zeparate thoze kneezzz jacopodotti.:eplus2:

Jack Michaud said Oc for you, but he isn'nt law on carving board. Maybe on Bomber. After this, how many asimmetrical board do you riding? If your score is less than 0 it's better for you to stay in silence if you don't know what you're about speaking. Rimember it

Ok, that's 14 years ago.

"Things changes to remain the same"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Leopard

So what has changed exactly? If you like small hooky boards ( from companies that no longer support alpine) that make you sit on the toilet ( or maybe bidet ) on heel-side go to it.

I used to love throwing my asym Kryton 159 around all over the mountain, my first real carving board, but it gave me terrible habits that were hard to un-learn.

Just speaking from experience.

On backside carves the the only way I could make my asym board stick was to hang butt way out like a jibber. Didn't have to do this on sym board and much less small adjustments required. I think this was addressed in Jacks asym death article so I made the connection, but I haven't read it in 15 years.

I wonder how many new asyms get sold? I'm thinking not many.

Just speaking from experience.

On backside carves the the only way I could make my asym board stick was to hang butt way out like a jibber. Didn't have to do this on sym. I think this was addressed in Jacks asym death article so I made the connection, but I haven't read it in 15 years.

It is possible to not "sit on the toilet" on an asym, and ride it well, but it requires a compensation in technique for the asym offset. When you switch to a sym, that compensation goes away, and your movements are more efficient.

Asyms fell out of favor when people realized that better stance and better technique led to edge-to-edge weight transfer that happened perpendicular to the board, not along a diagonal line. Of course some people still like asyms and can ride them well.

(cue the conspiracy theorists about the only reason being the cost of building goofy and regular models of each board)

Jack, do you think anything you wrote on article would require update?

As you mentioned one of main reasons why asyms went away was due industry savings. And due that all development went for syms only and then comparing few year old asyms to that time modern syms made path quite clear for us mere mortals.

Jack, do you think anything you wrote on article would require update?

As you mentioned one of main reasons why asyms went away was due industry savings. And due that all development went for syms only and then comparing few year old asyms to that time modern syms made path quite clear for us mere mortals.

Right on cue. Burton made an asym Factory Prime alongside the sym Factory Primes through 1998. I switched from a 1994 PJ6 to a 1995 sym FP. The difference in construction was not significant (other than the sym part of course). If racers had said no, I need my asym, they would have kept them longer. But no, guys on symmetrical boards were the ones winning races.

But was it so that many of those syms top racers used were internally asyms? Or do i recall this incorrectly?

Dont get me wrong i like and also switched that time to syms with all others. I just like that people like different things and are open for new (old) stuff and development ;)