Note to New Members ×

Looking for reviews/advice on liners

Erik J

What is everyone's favorite liner and why? I miss the Intuitions that came with my Raichle AF600's. I would like to upgrade.

I'm looking for tall and stiff (I think). I wear the thinnest liner socks that I can find. Currently have Deeluxe Suzukas with yellow BTS.

Check out the Dalbello ID Liners. Silver or Gold. They are incredible. Starting Gate sells them. I tried a bunch of liners out last season and the season before, settling on these. I couldn't imagine riding another liner now. They are supportive, warm, easy to get into. Big wrap to prevent shin bang. Tremendous heel hold-down with a nice built-in c-wrap around the ankle.

I just returned from riding three days at Stowe in some truly frigid temps. Toes were warm and comfy. Feet are happy. At the end of the day I don't feel compelled to rip my boots off, I just go to the bar and order a beer with a smile on my face. Despite being pretty comfortable, you get very good performance out of them.

Short of getting a foam injected liner, I can't imagine ever riding anything else.

http://www.dalbello.it/ID_Thermo.aspx

Dalbello Gold Liners, best liners I've ever had:1luvu:

I had the gray thermos for years. When I bought the white T700's with the thin black thermo liners I sold them after one day of use, they are terrible.

The Dalbello Golds are topnotch they are stiffer than any other thermo liner I've had.

The new Deeluxe Speed Liner Red is the same material as the good old gray Thermoflex, which I believe are the same as Intuition.

Bola told me the old grey Raichle liners, which I have too, were made by Palau. They are not exactly the same as Intuition. I think the foam is the same though, but I may be wrong.

Haven't seen the new red Deeluxe liners yet, but heard they are good - better than last years junkie black ones.

Also heard good things about the Dalbelo liners.

Intuition's Power Wrap liner is realy top notch - the cuff is reinforced for stiffness and support and it has a great achilles' heel padding to keep your heel down. I think they are a better liner the the gray Raichle thermo's I have.

The new Deeluxe Speed Liner Red is the same material as the good old gray Thermoflex, which I believe are the same as Intuition.
I have the Reds. My first shot at molding them didn't work - they have way more volume than my stock liners, so I had to redo without footbeds and with some padding around the forefoot. They're reasonably comfy on but I haven't tried the remold on snow yet. I'm going to give them their maiden shot this weekend at NES. But I'm bringing along my old ones just in case.

According to the good folks at YYZ Canuck, the Reds are stiffer than the Intuitions. They are certainly a good deal stiffer than my old stock 224 liners. Also higher.

I have the Reds. My first shot at molding them didn't work - they have way more volume than my stock liners, so I had to redo without footbeds and with some padding around the forefoot. They're reasonably comfy on but I haven't tried the remold on snow yet. I'm going to give them their maiden shot this weekend at NES. But I'm bringing along my old ones just in case.

According to the good folks at YYZ Canuck, the Reds are stiffer than the Intuitions. They are certainly a good deal stiffer than my old stock 224 liners. Also higher.

Cool. I wouldn't know for sure about Intuition as I've never seen them in person. I thought I'd heard that the old gray Raichle Thermoflex became Intuition. They certainly look similar. But at any rate, I can tell you the reds seem to be the same material as the grays I still have.

But yes, a good toe cap is very much required for molding. I would also strongly advise leaving your footbed in the liner during molding.

I've tried out the Intuition Power Wraps. High quality and very stiff (both in terms of the flex and the hardness of the material.) I found I prefer something a little softer.

PS- Had them heated without any inserts--but them molded/cooled with my footbeds as well as toe caps and ankle spacers.

I would also strongly advise leaving your footbed in the liner during molding.
Tried that, there just isn't enough volume in the shell. Took one run with the footbeds in, switched back. Remoulded without the footbeds and with a foam wrap around my foot from mid-arch forwards, much better. The wrap was in addition to the toe cap and the foam between the toes.

I've got EE feet, Raichle isn't the best fit to start with. If you look at the Red liner side by side with the old one, you can see the difference. I only have stock Superfeet footbeds anyways, I think the stiffer Red molded to my foot will do just as good a job.

Or... put the footbed inside your sock.
Did that. Foam between the toes, cap over the toes, footbed taped to foot, riding sock over the whole shebang. Way way too tight, waiting for it to set was very uncomfortable, riding wasn't much better.

This is just me and my foot in my shell, other people have molded with the footbed in successfully.

I have to give a thumbs up to the Conformable liner. I have many, many days on my pair and they are very comfy. Stiffer than some is what I have heard. They are harder to get my foot in and out of the boot, but once in.....just right.

I used zipfits for years. They seemed to last for less time each time I got a new pair. The last ones used some sort of cork, silicone injection and I didn't even get a 100 days out of them before they started to fall apart.

If they could give some sort of guarantee on longevity I would try them again but I am happy for now.

I upgraded my stock UPZ liners with Deeluxe Speed liners last year, and I'm only marginally happy with those. The UPZ's were thin, but were shaped with both hard and soft pieces that offered contoured support in themselves, which kept the liner where it needed to be in the boot. The Speed's are basically one big piece of foam that squoosh around too much. But they're thicker and therefore fit tighter in the hardboot shell, so that makes up for their slop to an extent. They're also taller than the stock UPZ liner, which is one thing I really do like, and maybe a hair more comfortable (and paid for with plenty of life left), so I'm sticking with them for now. But, I'll definitely look for something better next time.

What is everyone's favorite liner and why? I miss the Intuitions that came with my Raichle AF600's. I would like to upgrade.

I'm looking for tall and stiff (I think). I wear the thinnest liner socks that I can find. Currently have Deeluxe Suzukas with yellow BTS.

foam injection is gonna be the most responsive and after 5 to 10 days probably the most comfortable as long as you don't get them filled with a ton of foam.

surefoot and a few boot companies make the liners, worth the extra money if you can afford it in the first place.

Check out the Dalbello ID Liners. Silver or Gold. They are incredible. Starting Gate sells them. I tried a bunch of liners out last season and the season before, settling on these. I couldn't imagine riding another liner now. They are supportive, warm, easy to get into. Big wrap to prevent shin bang. Tremendous heel hold-down with a nice built-in c-wrap around the ankle.

I just returned from riding three days at Stowe in some truly frigid temps. Toes were warm and comfy. Feet are happy. At the end of the day I don't feel compelled to rip my boots off, I just go to the bar and order a beer with a smile on my face. Despite being pretty comfortable, you get very good performance out of them.

Short of getting a foam injected liner, I can't imagine ever riding anything else.

http://www.dalbello.it/ID_Thermo.aspx

Just curious to see if they (Dalbello Gold ID liner) would fit Head boots Stratos?

I have a wide set of feets and I am concern about the available width with the Dalbello Gold for my wide paws.

My original liners are close to retirement after 7 years...

Thx.

Just curious to see if they (Dalbello Gold ID liner) would fit Head boots Stratos?

I have a wide set of feets and I am concern about the available width with the Dalbello Gold for my wide paws.

My original liners are close to retirement after 7 years...

Thx.

Yes. I had a pair of Dalbello Golds in my heads before I switched to UPZ.

Hi all,

This is my first season in hard boots and I ended up purchasing a pair of Head Stratos Pros. The liners are not terribly uncomfortable, but I do feel cramped in the toes. The real problem is that my feet get incredibly cold in these boots.

I'm using the liners which came with the boots as-is. I understand they are "partially" moldable (not sure what that means), but have not had them heat molded.

Should I look into spending more money on Thermo Flex or other customer liners or does anyone think I could get more warmth out of stock liners by taking them to a bootfitter and getting them molded? I'm not too confident in molding them myself, plus I would like to get custom footbeds.

Thx!

Hi all,

This is my first season in hard boots and I ended up purchasing a pair of Head Stratos Pros. The liners are not terribly uncomfortable, but I do feel cramped in the toes. The real problem is that my feet get incredibly cold in these boots.

I'm using the liners which came with the boots as-is. I understand they are "partially" moldable (not sure what that means), but have not had them heat molded.

Should I look into spending more money on Thermo Flex or other customer liners or does anyone think I could get more warmth out of stock liners by taking them to a bootfitter and getting them molded? I'm not too confident in molding them myself, plus I would like to get custom footbeds.

Thx!

The Head boots are partially moldable which mean the lower part (foot area) is where you can get them molded as opposed to the whole liner.

When I got mine I rode them straight from the box with no molding. It took me probably 5 or six days before I got comfortable. I had to stop after every ride to either take them off or loosen the buckles.

I was getting discourage until someone told me to ride a bit more. It might help to wear them inside for a few hour to help the liner mold to your feet. Or simply go and get them molded.

As for your feet getting cold. I am not sure I am the right guy to ask because I now get cold feet pretty easy since I froze a few toes on both feet a few years ago. I still remember crying like a girl (No offense ladies) when they were getting warm again. One of my toe stayed numb for 3 weeks...

This is why I hope the combination of the Hotronic and a new pair of liner to keep my feet nice and toasty.

Hope this helps.