Note to New Members ×

If I owned a Bugatti Veyron

C5 Golfer

I would need to change the tires every 10,000 miles and the wheels every 30,000 miles.

I could hit 253mph top end but I could not drive 253 miles in an hour - even if I had a straight road that long.. know why? Cuz I would use its 26 gal of fuel in approx 50 miles.

If I needed a new tranny it would cost $172,000.

When my 60,000 mile service comes up the car would be split in half and serviced by a mobile workstation which is flown into my home town.

:biggthump:lurk::lurk::lurk:

But what a rush though. To let the Highway patrol pull up behind you, maxed out at 150mph, and just spin the wheels to leave them in the dust. Then again, it would take them 5 minutes to figure out who own a Veyron in that state.

BobD

There are some straight stretches in Montana where you could let her run, however the speed limit is no longer "reasonable & prudent" cause federal highway money come with strings.:(

Besides, whats a small frost heave gonna do to to any small car at 250mph:eek:

I'm thinking more like Tex, but a fly in work station to change my oil sounds pretty decadent.

I'm sure they would have the straight roads you need in Montana. Besides, don't they still have the speed suggestions as opposed to limits on the interstates?

Remember it only has to be 50 miles long -- that probably already exists in spades in Montana.:biggthump

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk1t6S737Cs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk1t6S737Cs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Fun.

...If I owned a Veyron,

I'd sell it, buy a ski house, a lifetime pass, a bar in that ski town, a 4wd pickup, and a fleet of motorcycles...

and still have enough left over for a new Coiler every year for the rest of my life.

+1 on that Matt.

I think registration is closed but you could pay $1,500 to run it on a closed course near Ketchum.

http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?ID=2005126754

There are some straight stretches in Montana where you could let her run, however the speed limit is no longer "reasonable & prudent" cause federal highway money come with strings.:(

I'm thinking more like Tex, but a fly in work station to change my oil sounds pretty decadent.

The Veyron isn't a small car...

If I had a Veyron, I would follow Tex's lead, except I'd skip on the Pickup and get a few Porsches and classics, and skip the bar in favor of letting the money sit in the bank and let me not NEED to work.

Either that or I'd sell it and not have to worry about paying for school.

• 3 months later...

the fact it was on video, with the WRONG WAY playing in the background as this unfolded......

OMG thats EPIC HILARITY ! rotf-LMAO !

hahahahah !

indeed post of the week !

If I owned one, I would prove that I truly can AFFORD to own one by driving it into a marsh.

not just any marsh, a SALT WATER MARSH !

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of straight stretches here but like boardski said straight is relative here.

One good frost heave would put you into orbit:eek:

we no longer have reasonable and prudent because some $%#*$&$ from back east sued the state for having an unconstitutionally vague law. He was charged with reckless driving after being caught on the freeway at 135 mph. He was upset about the ticket because he had heard we did not have a speed limit.