Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Where to start.

My front hip is killing me, and I can barely walk.

Ya gotta start with a start a wise man once said...

once again, a mini sesh broke out on our favorite big little ski area.

There is no starbucks, the coffee sucks, there is no escalator,  the runs are short and, the lifts are slow, the walk from the lot to the lifts will leave you breathless and the lodge is at 11,000 ft. It can be cold and windy. Most keep driving thru the tunnel and never look back. I wouldn't want to ride anywhere else.

At least a dozen  or so hardbooters met at lovey today. Sometimes we are only 3,  others we are almost 20. we are never quite sure  how many may show up, butit is always a good time. I am so lucky to be a part of this gathering that takes place every Sunday. Thank you to all that make this possible.

Alphabetically, in the line up today: ( If I  miss you, I am running on adrenaline and delirium at this point) ArneBurner,  Carvin Marvin and his lovely  wife Rachal, D.T., Greenie 234, Hill007, Ice, Ink, Lazy Snowkisser, Miss Shelly, Mr. E, New Guy Kyle, and myself.

Extra Props to the following:

Shelly, Where did that extra bit of aggro come from? it was impressive, and was glad to witness it!

Hil, nice to see you evolving into more of a free carver, next week, since I will be out of my comfort range on a realllly short board, try to hold your turns just a litle longer acrost the hill.  Just a little.

Dennis, best turns I have ever seen you make, I got a really good veiw of them since I was tailgunning you, and simultaneously using you as a governor

Ethan, great to see you improve week to week, and sometimes run to run. Good job applying all that you are being  bombarded with every time you are riding with us, we really appreciate that. Nice work on those cross unders under 6 today.

Everyone Else, you rip! Thanks for letting me tag along!

Mario

as always, looking forward to next sunday

Edited by big mario
  • Like 6

Was up last Wednesday. The parking lot was a frozen mud lake. I guess it was really warm on Tuesday. Warm on Wednesday but not so warm that it was turning to slush (at least not on the upper part of the mountain). 

The snow was better than I feared. No melt/freeze yet. They really need more snow and fewer warm days like Tuesday/Wednesday. Ventured up to Lift 9 and Rookie Road. NOT WORTH IT!

Did anyone notice that westbound I-70 has fresh groom on parts between Idaho Springs and Georgetown? Nice and smooooth! Probably won't last long. 

Heading up again this Wednesday. Arne - let's try to meet up this time!

• Like 1

Yesterday was GREAT! In the parking lot the weather was pretty warm. By the time we got to the top of Ptarmigan it was full-on winter. Back to the car for more clothes. Then on to #4 and over to #8. Snow was great and very few people. The temps were OK below timberline but the last 4 towers or so it was snowing & blowing. We alternated soft carving on Chet's, then powder over on Awsome and some nice fresh open glades skier's far right. 

Awsome was Awsome!. About 7" of fairly dense new snow on top of fairly smooth and not to hard crusty. About the only tracks we saw were our own from earlier runs. We probably got in our customary 12 - 15 runs by 1:30 and packed it in (exhausted). 

The snow may be really great this weekend but the crowds will likely be Epic. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnE said:

Anyone go to Loveland Saturday or Sunday?

How was the snow, the crowds, the drive up & the drive back?

Don't think anyone went. With the amount of lift holds so far this season coupled with the potential highway shitshow,  I decide to lace up my new 27.5 wheel set for my bike instead.

Update

I was chatting with a neighbor while shoveling my garage apron,  he told me about his buddy that left Lovey @ 11 and got to Louisville after 3.  

Glad I didnt partake, looks like a bunch of nitwits on the roads yesterday

Edited by big mario
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, slopestar said:

Dusty Bottle and Miss Haley will be joining us this week! I think they will be up Fri-Sunday. Katie and I are maximizing the rest of the Loveland season by doubling down every weekend/Sat-Sun. I’m running out of boards. 3 out on loan...

I'll get the Virus back to you. With the Nobile I think I'll have my hands full.

• Like 1

If the current forecast holds and it stays on the low end of the accumulation spectrum, I will be on the lil' board Sunday

Should be interesting. Get the cameras out...

Edited by big mario
  • Like 9

hi guys, just wanted to say thanks for all your guy’s help this season in getting me carving. unfortunately, a couple days ago i had an unfortunate meet up with a tree and am done for the season. just wanted to thank you guys again for everything talk gaff bc r helped me out with. i’ll be sure to get back out next season and ride with yall, and again i appreciate everything yall have helped me out with 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, greenie234 said:

unfortunately, a couple days ago i had an unfortunate meet up with a tree and am done for the season

Don't do that!  They don't move, not even for me!

What happened?