Note to New Members ×

Season passes.. who is doing what? EPIC or IKON.

John Gilmour

Likely you active  military people  already know this but the Season EPIC Pass is only $99 . And 40% off the regular price for dependents. That's a lot of drone pilots stateside .

Hmm..maybe I'll have more people to carve with at beaver creek next year. 

I'm wondering if steamboat is worth it for carving vs beaver creek.... because I might go for the black out date IKON that has only 5 days at Steamboat as opposed to unlimited. 

Annoyed that Aspen Is  to unlimited but you only get 5 or 7 days .....they might end up being all pow days though...

Edited by John Gilmour

Epic Pass is great, I must admit.  This past season was made better by having one, for sure.  It paid for itself so many times over that I stopped keeping a rolling rough estimate.  

I use it primarily at Park City because I am there more and more frequently.  It even got me an unexpected 40% off at Jackson.   Used it at Stowe and that went smoothly even though they were still in transition.  Okemo is next, I think.

47 minutes ago, erazz said:

I love Steamboat but I think BC has way better grooming.

That being said, the IKON pass sees like a great deal.

What am I getting? Neither! LCI all the way.

p.s. This could be a poll... Just saying. ?

Wow! Still the same! 

The trees are nice at steamboat though! 

What's LCI .? 

My goal is to carve everywhere with everyone, .

so I plunked $49  for epic pass with blackouts, and I'm still on the fence about the ikon.. just a few hours to decide.  Ikon the draw is 5 days of aspen , and perhaps Squaw... but how is the snow at Squaw,? I hit it once with perfect packed pow 15 years ago, an before that 18 years ago.  Beaver creek even with little snow had great snow grooming. Would I think the Ikon is a waste if I have the epic?  I get 2 -4 free days at aspen anyhow. For me aspen is all about Ruthies. 

Which, for me is one of the faster well groomed runs, haven't hit sun valley and bachelor is good but they aren't on any season multi ticket.

vail and beaver creek  had more..

_ eav_r.  

Far more ... energetic Apres ski scene 

Aspen is much much older and even  evening powder now would land them in the ER.

Edited by John Gilmour

10 hours ago, John Gilmour said:

What's LCI .?

The longer answer:

As erazz said earlier, Loveland Carve Initiative, taking over the mountain one rider at a time

It's a long term project. Very long term

We are a very disparate bunch of goofballs and freaks whom managed to come together 13 of so years ago on the slopes of lovey, that big small mountain with horrible weather right at the east entrance of the Eisenhower tunnel. Most of us started out here due to economic, geographic, or time constraints, and fell in love with its old school ski area charm, long season, and for the most part, lack of crowds. We share a commonality in our love for the carve, conveyance doesn't matter.

Back on topic, if I were to indulge, I'd have to say ikon

Mario

Edited by big mario
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, John Gilmour said:

but how is the snow at Squaw,?

......well were the last man standing  in the Tahoe valley, open until May 28th and we got 3 inches last night!

It's been a good season, but the usual crowded Squaw and Squaw is proud of their minimal grooming efforts so I never bring out the Coiler or Kessler there......... usually ride the Moss for pow days and the  Sword Dual for all other conditions.

12 minutes ago, Emdee406 said:

We’ll have to meet up next winter, that’s my home mountain. ??

That is something that I will look forward too, EMDEE.   I am there at least twice a season for several days (7-8 days at a time)and I  will let you know a few weeks ahead of time.  When I am in Utah I have only free time.  Very flexible schedule.

I like to do laps on Parley’s or Mercury  while waiting for others to get started in the morning.   Then they show up and I switch boards (sometimes boots) to ride allmtn or trees, usually.  That is my normal UT day.

Anyone can ride my boards, too.  You can jump on a Pogo, Hazelwood,  Tanker or Kessler 185.  Looking forward to it.

Thanks Emdee

On 5/1/2018 at 5:15 PM, davekempmeister said:

That is something that I will look forward too, EMDEE.   I am there at least twice a season for several days (7-8 days at a time)and I  will let you know a few weeks ahead of time.  When I am in Utah I have only free time.  Very flexible schedule.

I like to do laps on Parley’s or Mercury  while waiting for others to get started in the morning.   Then they show up and I switch boards (sometimes boots) to ride allmtn or trees, usually.  That is my normal UT day.

Sounds great! I switch between hard and soft from day to day, depending on conditions, and whether I'm teaching or not. I've got 3 sizes of Kessler alpine, SBX board and a new Sims, so I'm ready to ride everything.