With Mark Miller's encouragement, and permission from my sidelined Wife (fibia), I took the liberty to take her SF WARP 161 out for a run....well one quickly became four, and being late in the day, zapped any energy I had left! Hopefully I'm not sounding like a broken record here but this board had all the edge hold I've come to expect from a thirst. Being late in the day, conditions were mixed and well tracked. The only other board I ever rode that could throw down so many tight turns in a limited space was a Coiler Angrry 160 ish. I understand from Corey the Donek Mad Killer (aka Muscle Killer) is a similar joy ride, think skateboard slalom. The SF was remarkable stable, no chatter, despite the mixed conditions.

Surprisingly though, I could still shape wider turns with ease, and it didn't care one bit that I have over 50 lbs on my Wife. Like all thirst boards, they want a calm, neutral rider, you load the nose and you'll over steer, while the board won't care, you will, as Corey learned on a Superconductor last Friday.

Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised, but now need to sell off another board or two, to make room for an SF of my own ?

Edited by Algunderfoot
  • Like 4

One like this? I'm in love with mine. Effortless carves a turn instead of having to push on a board to get it to perform. Extremely stable at high speeds too, gave it the tuck test. Only had a day or 2 on it so I'm sure I'll have more to say

0402181812.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/18/2018 at 11:55 AM, Algunderfoot said:

With Mark Miller's encouragement, and permission from my sidelined Wife (fibia), I took the liberty to take her SF WARP 161 out for a run....well one quickly became four, and being late in the day, zapped any energy I had left! Hopefully I'm not sounding like a broken record here but this board had all the edge hold I've come to expect from a thirst. Being late in the day, conditions were mixed and well tracked. The only other board I ever rode that could throw down so many tight turns in a limited space was a Coiler Angrry 160 ish. I understand from Corey the Donek Mad Killer (aka Muscle Killer) is a similar joy ride, think skateboard slalom. The SF was remarkable stable, no chatter, despite the mixed conditions.

Surprisingly though, I could still shape wider turns with ease, and it didn't care one bit that I have over 50 lbs on my Wife. Like all thirst boards, they want a calm, neutral rider, you load the nose and you'll over steer, while the board won't care, you will, as Corey learned on a Superconductor last Friday.

Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised, but now need to sell off another board or two, to make room for an SF of my own ?

Al,

Sorry to hear about Beth. Hope she’s doing better.

Looking for a new board for Gloria and SF sounds what we might be looking for. She’s doing good on our typical softer/ slower snow, but when it gets harder/ faster she’s struggling with speed control ( me too ) :). What you think? Maybe even a Superconductor?

Edited by digger jr

Beth's riding today, 5 weeks, 1 day since the break!

The SF would be perfect for her, more edge hold than anything out there and effortless to turn. The Superconductor would likely end up under your feet more often than hers, lol!

2 hours ago, Algunderfoot said:

Hey Ron,

There's a session at Big Sky this next weekend and Mark Miller will be there with demo boards if you can swing it.....

Really?    The 21st and 22nd?

I rode the SF Monday and Tuesday at Timberline. Conditions were bulletproof in the mornings,  The board handled great both days. On Monday I had the bindings set in the back and things are working great. Tuesday I had them set more forward and things were even better. The Palmer  was open on Tuesday. It was the perfect board for that day on the run. 

howdy

how did I miss this post? … a year ago ...so has the board sold? … sounds like something I would like ...

perfect for my girlish figure ...

6 hours ago, west carven said:

howdy

how did I miss this post? … a year ago ...so has the board sold? … sounds like something I would like ...

perfect for my girlish figure ...

Oh dude   you would love this board. I'm sure it's for sale but they're not cheap. Most people that on these boards have jobs. 

Probably why I don't own one. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, kram said:

I rode the SF Monday and Tuesday at Timberline. Conditions were bulletproof in the mornings,  The board handled great both days. On Monday I had the bindings set in the back and things are working great. Tuesday I had them set more forward and things were even better. The Palmer  was open on Tuesday. It was the perfect board for that day on the run. 

I started with centered stance and eventually moved it forward a notch because I found myself whipping through turns so fast that I occaisionally had difficulty getting my weight forward to get out of a turn and into the next. Almost went into the trees a couple of times. Moving stance forward was the cure for me.

Rode it mostly when conditions were icey hard or poor visability. I don't like going fast when it's really hard or I can't see the terrain.

Not that it makes much difference, but standard SF's are 162cm, but maybe Beth's was a 161? 

I'm looking for a Turny Little Bandit and I Want On Of These SF162's!!   I'm 225lbs and like a softer board. 

Don't need a stiff piece of lumber that I can only ride for a couple of hours before my legs give out!   Been there- Done that!  

Mark,  can the stock board handle my petite 6'2' 225lbs.   ????

Hi Barry, 

Sorry for the tardy reply, I've been busy with Spring chores, snow withdrawals etc. Easily, Mark's boards are not as weight specific as other customs, plus he will provide you with the flex index you prefer / suitable for your weight. My 1st ride on a SF was my Wife's and I have her by 60 lbs. If you truly want a turn monster, lean toward the softer side, so ask Mark to something similar to what he built for me. 

Get exited!