Show off your summer ride !!

B18C1

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wow, i just got back from driving around with my friend around the Jersey shore in his Infinity G35 and he is a crazy MOFO!!! That car handels like a dream. His friend has a WRX and i just couldn't get over how awesome the blowout valve sounded. Both of them pretty much made me **** my pants multiple times. I told them about some of your cars on here and they were defintly impressed.

Ive never been in a car that could take an off ramp at 80 and seem like it was going 30 (the g35). Amazing. I told him he should just go for the track they have out near his house and do some autoX. I guess he is waiting to get a $10k turbo put in to do that.

At the boardwalk at seaside, there were so many bikes and nice cars there, it seemed like a car show. One funny thing i noticed is that everyone at the boardwalk seemed pissed off about something. Waaaay too many tough guys. We were talking bout how it would make sense that if someone is going on the boardwalk and just looks pissed off for no reason, a security guard should just punch them in the face so they could have something to be pissed about. It only makes sense. i'm liking it here. Jersey is an interesting place...:rolleyes:

• 10 months later...

This is my new summer ride (concidering that in SoCal, summer is pretty much all year long - this is my all year long ride:) I've concidered getting a car as a main mean of transportation but with gas prices and everything just didn't seem right:)

2006 Yamaha FZ1

post-1973-141842231757_thumb.jpg

post-1973-141842231758_thumb.jpg

post-1973-141842231761_thumb.jpg

This is my new summer ride (concidering that in SoCal, summer is pretty much all year long - this is my all year long ride:) I've concidered getting a car as a main mean of transportation but with gas prices and everything just didn't seem right:)

2006 Yamaha FZ1

From what I was told, those motorcycles, like this one with a 1L engine reving at 8000 rpm, can drink as much gas as an economy car with a bigger engine. I can't back it up with numbers though because it seems companies don't give fuel consumption on motorcycles.

From what I was told, those motorcycles, like this one with a 1L engine reving at 8000 rpm, can drink as much gas as an economy car with a bigger engine. I can't back it up with numbers though because it seems companies don't give fuel consumption on motorcycles.

My R6 sipped at about 37-40 mpg. Only 10mpg better than my Saab. I was less than impressed with the mileage, and I drove like a freaking granny because I was scared of the thing :( . A litre bike with a motorhead on it would probally get like...25-30mpg or so, maybe less?

My '01 Yamaha FZ1 gets over 40mpg on the highway.

(4 Cylinder, 1000cc, 125hp)

My Husqvarna SM gets 35mpg on the highway.

(1 Cylinder, 576cc, 50hp)

Derf,

You maybe right.... but so far all I know is that I fill it up for about $12-15 a week, and not $60-80 like I used to with my Xterra .

Justin A.,

I'm getting around 35-37mpg in mixed, and if I do only city and push it harder(reving it up to 8-10K rpms) I get 30-32mpg. I hardly ever go pass 10K since it's already a beast when you hit 7K, and red lining it at 12K in fist gear gets you to 85mph in no time, so I don't go there that often, but I'm sure that fuel consumption goes up drasticaly pass 10K.

GeoffV,

My next bike is going to be Speed Triple:)

I get about ~180miles using 4 gallons of premium gas on my CBR 1000RR. I'll let you do the math. That's under mixed driving and commuting type riding (accelerating like crazy when I can, but not 100% of the time).

If you're riding hard with a pack of buddies....well you're probably not too worried about gas milage then! :) But even pounding it the whole time it still gets better mileage than my 04 RSX-S (~32-34mpg highway, 100hp per litre).

I'll post some pics when I get a chance. Both are in need of a wash anyways :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

1953 Ford F100

Sadly, it's gonna have to be converted into Coke and Lift tickets.

My brother thought the red paint was hilarious.. The Honda in the background in the third picture had a number done on it, like...my brother's head broke the driver's side window when he crashed it. It'd been replaced with my bike until he got a 2007 Monte Carlo, which was effed beyond all repair, and now he has a 2006 Monte Carlo. Dandy.