Note to New Members ×

Show off your summer ride !!

B18C1

Bumping the summer ride thread to show the finished product after a winter's worth of mods:

UPZ013.jpg

UPZ015.jpg

Matt I like it:D You've done a lot to her

I'll I did is add GPS to mine

This will be my summer toy that at the Cape this summer that my father in-law is purchasing very soon for his kids to use. I'll need to pick up a wake board and a ski :biggthump. The other boat I spend a lot of time on is a 26ft day racer called the Shield.

http://www.chriscraft.com/launch_25_oview.aspx

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Most folks probably have no idea where whitinsville is.

But if your family names run to Sweet, Kenyon, Humes, Chase, and Vass you can go to whitey, douglas e.douglas and more and find all kinds of ancestors in the cemetaries. My Great grandfather and then my grandmother donated most of the land for the big one out on the west side of e. douglas.

even though non of us live there know it is still the family seat and home of the family burial plots.

I remember many good times at 50 main st e. douglas and other family abodes In the vicinity. Nice country.

My dad;s cousin ran the River Bend Farm milk production business for years. If you go back that far.

CHAse Hume Kenyon

aka Grandfather Wolf

Not trying to thread jack but you left no contact on your profile:biggthump

good weekend for yamaha. Rossi and Chad ! Champs !:biggthump:biggthump

Of course, either my Tivo is screwed or Speed changed the labeling for motorcycle races. I better get the rebroadcast recorded tomorrow or I'm gonna be pissed.

Of course, either my Tivo is screwed or Speed changed the labeling for motorcycle races. I better get the rebroadcast recorded tomorrow or I'm gonna be pissed.

I hear ya, I missed the Vegas Race and it's ONLY rebroadcast is at 4 am and what me with no DVR, doh !

http://moto-racing.speedtv.com/#

http://moto-racing.speedtv.com/ama-supercross-motocross/

Why so many gasoline burning activities? I thought we were all eco friendly? Harness the wind or get into another gravity powered sport.:smashfrea

Seems like you had to drive a ways to get to the ski hill with your daughter.

And unless the lake is right in front of your house or you walk there, seems like a double standard to judge the motorheads.:confused:

Since it seems like about 99% of us ride lift served terrain, which doesn't strike me as particularly eco-friendly. Unless your local area buys only wind generated or solar ( doubtful as it's more expensive) we consume a lot of energy to get the free ride to the top.

Add in the amount of tree cutting that is necesary to make those wide open runs and.........

And I am ok with that. But I don't think we should pretend that lift served snowboarding is eco friendly.

Why so many gasoline burning activities? I thought we were all eco friendly? Harness the wind or get into another gravity powered sport.:smashfrea

from now on I'm not watching anymore gas powered racing. no way ! Only bicycle racing like tour duh france and I'm gonna close my eyes every time they show a gas powered support vehicle.:confused:

OMG:eek:

Well we could be driving our monster SUV's every where I guess, but hey ,the bike gets three to four times the mileage:1luvu: and its fun. I can leave the gas guzzler at home and have fun while commuting to work. :rolleyes:

oh I shouldn't have said that THATS TERRIBLE BAD MAN BAD MAN (self inflicted beating commences):rolleyes: I should go eat a soy twinkie and think about what I have done!

give me a break and go cry about the planet elsewhere:boxing_sm

I am sick of being judged by people who don't stop to think before they open their pieholes!

I am as concerned with conservation as anyone but I don't spend my day ranting about other peoples business. go recycle or something and relax a little!

This RANT is now concluded please go about your business:eplus2:

word, Doc !

I DO enjoy those wind powered sports tho.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzOCEDm73tM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzOCEDm73tM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

this is dangerous !

I used to feel a lil guilty every time I blazed past some mt bikers on the trail belching blue smoke from my 2 stroke. I would never spray rocks tho...never.

:nono:

what a nut!:eek::eek:

That ALERT Chopper ride to the hospital after uses lots of fuel:lol::lol::lol:

and I quote....

Alex Peterson is mental! He got towed up about 200 ft behind a snowmobile over hard pack at Mammoth about 4 years ago and sailed down to the ground. Not much of a margin for error...

mary friggin' poppins !:eek:

braaaaap ! :eplus2:

hey egghead, does your mom let you stay out after dark ?

Only with a helmet and safety glasses.

:lol: good one, theodore !

Does the helmet have a blinking red light on it ?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yTZHEmtzrs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yTZHEmtzrs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwTnKv8aCJU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwTnKv8aCJU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Well we could be driving our monster SUV's every where I guess, but hey ,the bike gets three to four times the mileage:1luvu: and its fun. I can leave the gas guzzler at home and have fun while commuting to work. :rolleyes:

oh I shouldn't have said that THATS TERRIBLE BAD MAN BAD MAN (self inflicted beating commences):rolleyes: I should go eat a soy twinkie and think about what I have done!

I am sick of being judged by people who don't stop to think before they open their pieholes!

I am as concerned with conservation as anyone but I don't spend my day ranting about other peoples business. go recycle or something and relax a little!

Go on D, don't hold back, tell us what you really feel. :D

Back to OP! Here’s my pimp ride, ’58 T-Bird.

58sb1.jpg?t=1210358143

Regards,

Cristan

:biggthump

Seems like you had to drive a ways to get to the ski hill with your daughter.

And unless the lake is right in front of your house or you walk there, seems like a double standard to judge the motorheads.:confused:

Since it seems like about 99% of us ride lift served terrain, which doesn't strike me as particularly eco-friendly. Unless your local area buys only wind generated or solar ( doubtful as it's more expensive) we consume a lot of energy to get the free ride to the top.

Add in the amount of tree cutting that is necesary to make those wide open runs and.........

And I am ok with that. But I don't think we should pretend that lift served snowboarding is eco friendly.

The lake is less than 5 minutes. It is different driving to where you are going and partisipating in that sport. You probably have to drive to trails to ride dirtbikes, plus the noise pollution is irritating. It takes me one hour to get to the slope, do you limit ride time to an hour? Around here a ski resort would save trees from being plowed and malls or shopping centers moving in. We could use another Hooters though.:biggthump

I don't think most people, especially now with the current price of gas, drive their suv's for "fun" or for pleasure. My friend rides Sea-Doo's and could windsurf, he tried it once but got discouraged when he found out it takes work. It just seemed unussual for someone involved in a sport that could potentially become wiped out by global warming not to try other outlets of entertainment especially when they are out there. But this is America so vroom! vroom!!!:biggthump

The lake is less than 5 minutes. It is different driving to where you are going and partisipating in that sport. You probably have to drive to trails to ride dirtbikes, plus the noise pollution is irritating. It takes me one hour to get to the slope, do you limit ride time to an hour?

I haven't had dirt bikes in a while, but am looking to get one again. And I don't have to drive to get to trails here.

While I am going to have to try love the sound of 4 strokes as much, one of the sweetest sounds in the world to me is my old 250 Rm coming on the pipe at about 8 grand to 10 grand. Raises my heart rate just thinking about it.

I really wasn't trying to :flamethro you for driving an hour to ski. Truly.

But I do think it is unfair to judge dirt bikers or what not, when as snowboarders on lift served terrain, I can't imagine what Our carbon footprint (even though I kind of hate the buzzness of the words ) would be.

Beautiful Bird there! Flat black is the sheezy :) I'd wanted to do flat black with some red spiderwebs on my Effie, but instead, whoever is foolhardy enough to buy it will do as they please. Anyone want to make any offers?

What's the drivetrain like? Windsor with a C4 or 6?

Or have you turned to the darkside with an SBC?

I haven't had dirt bikes in a while, but am looking to get one again. And I don't have to drive to get to trails here.

While I am going to have to try love the sound of 4 strokes as much, one of the sweetest sounds in the world to me is my old 250 Rm coming on the pipe at about 8 grand to 10 grand. Raises my heart rate just thinking about it.

I really wasn't trying to :flamethro you for driving an hour to ski. Truly.

But I do think it is unfair to judge dirt bikers or what not, when as snowboarders on lift served terrain, I can't imagine what Our carbon footprint (even though I kind of hate the buzzness of the words ) would be.

Ah, that's cool. But I was surprised to see more motors than other types of boards on here, eco issues aside even.

Ah, that's cool. But I was surprised to see more motors than other types of boards on here, eco issues aside even.

dad,

If I added up all the miles we used to drive to race hare scrambles in NY and CT on sundays :rolleyes:....

plus entry fee's, gas/oil, tires, food, tolls,speeding tickets etc etc etc....worth every penny !

not to mention the wrath of the wives when ya got home :o:nono:

it was a filthy habit, FILTHY !:D

dad,

If I added up all the miles we used to drive to race hare scrambles in NY and CT on sundays :rolleyes:....

plus entry fee's, gas/oil, tires, food, tolls,speeding tickets etc etc etc....worth every penny !

not to mention the wrath of the wives when ya got home :o:nono:

it was a filthy habit, FILTHY !:D

Kinda like smoking cigarettes. Those who don't smoke are always complaning and making laws, or better yet all the helmet nazi's. Talk about getting in your face about something that is your own bussiness!!:lol: Just wanted to be on the giving end for once.:lol: