Note to New Members ×

Show off your summer ride !!

B18C1

Why so many gasoline burning activities? I thought we were all eco friendly? Harness the wind or get into another gravity powered sport.:smashfrea

I started biking to work for my new job: 20 km from home instead of 13 km for the old one. I work 4 days/week and bike for 2 days of those. For the other 2 days, I take my car but I'm trying to get the lowest consumption I can get with some (safe) hypermiling techniques. Driving at 90 km/h instead of 100 km/h can save me around 25% in gas consumption.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

984jl2.jpg

gravity powered goodness

you still have to run a chase vehicle and get a ride back to the top:ices_ange

4+ mile runs:eplus2:

2eycjk7.jpg

These are pics from prior to the finishing touches it now has handles and calf rests. 57 mph speed so far. Full armored motorcycle leathers and a motorcycle helmet are required!

post-2375-141842257804_thumb.jpg

Why so many gasoline burning activities?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

sorry, not trying to pile on.

Even though I spend 1-3 hrs on a mtn bike 3-4 times a week, I still burn me petrol.

I have a friend who commutes to work on his bike... all the time.

He rides his bike, 'Bob' loaded with support gear in-tow to AND from xc mtn bike races

It ain't me. I ain't no eco-friendly-son. I simply toss my bike on the back of my big ole giant thirsty suv, neglect to offer a ride-share and drive like the wind with the cd player crankin while rolling to the trailhead.

Here's my Summer ride and my Winter ride

Tieton9-8-07004.jpg?t=1210464594

Hey Refried. Not sure how I missed this. Sweet pic.

Nice shuttle rig. I used to do that on my Toyota Tercel wagon with a 14 raft. Looks like eastern slope of the Cascades, maybe White Pass area?

Where you boating?

Ever get to Idaho. Didn't see a location on profile. Got a Middle Fork Salmon trip coming up on June 19th. With the river cranking I am getting fired up. SYOTR.

• 1 month later...

lil bump for a fun thread.

I pulled in for gas a few weeks back and this Lambo had a tow truck jump starting it. Coupla vinnys had brought it back from florida and the Interstate battery had crapped out, sounded mean once it was running.

this link reminded me, the Diablo is waaay sexier IMHO.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170238178881&category=157068&adgroup_id=8678532497127550709&creative_id=15477644501074658584&keyword=lamborghini+murcielago&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tetongravity.com%2Fforums%2Fshowthread.php%3Fp%3D1925508&vertical=%7B%7D&target=Gadget_KW

here she is

wkgvwk.jpg

We just had our annual Pixar Motorama. I snapped a few pictures and uploaded them to test out the Smugmug app on my iphone, but you guys might get a kick out of the pictures. Some really badass cars, some bomb squad robots, an FBI riot vehicle or something, and some nice classic stuff. Sorry for the quality of the pictures - it's just a phone camera and there were a lot of people there...

Check the link for more...

http://kjl.smugmug.com/gallery/5467357_LybaD#P-1-20

334211983_TcrS7-X2.jpg

334219272_VWZUi-L.jpg

334216582_2BRam-L.jpg

I didn't think that Mazda made the Mazdaspeed 3 in a sedan like the one on the far left of the photo. I just thought it was the 5 door hatchbacks. I would like to get my hands on a Mazdaspeed 6 but in a wagon. I like wagons!!!

They don't that was just from a mazda meet, only two N/A 3s showed up :biggthump

Speed 3 is almost universally considered better than the speed6, but if you want an AWD fast, turbo, wagon.. there's always the STi

..and after you do some suspension work, it'll keep up with a MS3 pretty nicely, and launch faster.