Show off your summer ride !!

B18C1

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, that's my car, too. Every day I curse the fact that I didn't get a wagon, though. Aside from that, great car.

Awesome!! My ski team coach has the same kind of car and actively rallies. It is sooo effed up its crazy! Amazing what you can do to them. A wagon would have been nice for all the gear or even just a rear seat that folds down. He said that roofracks get noisy. :-( bummer

Here's my car. RSX Type S A-SPEC. Love it to death.

8e66867a92.jpg

With Acura RSX engine or (Honda R-Type in some other places) they make this? Of course we are talking of supercharging the engine to 300hp and making the car weight down to 1000lbs only:

Ariel Atom

And it cost only about $50k while only Ferrari F60 can beat it on a special track. But with 2.9 sec to 60mph you beat most of the cars. Well F1 and Indy can make 100mph in 2.5 sec, but that's a different story from different book.

For lovers of motorcycles click down on 'watch the movie' to see two movies and comparisoon with motorcycle head to head on track.

And it cost only about $50k while only Ferrari F60 can beat it on a special track. But with 2.9 sec to 60mph you beat most of the cars. Well F1 and Indy can make 100mph in 2.5 sec, but that's a different story from different book.

Actually, the XM/Honda f-1 makes a roundtrip 0-100-0 in less 4._ so the Atom has nothing on it. But I still want one. So much for wanting an Elise, I want an Atom!

________

Landlords insurance forum

Actually, the XM/Honda f-1 makes a roundtrip 0-100-0 in less 4._ so the Atom has nothing on it. But I still want one. So much for wanting an Elise, I want an Atom!

I did the pricing thing and i maxed it out at around $81K. I'm going to show this to my friend's dad who is obsessed with ferraris and I think has two. 360 modena and some other one thats going to be coming in. Yes they are ridiculously rich, you have no idea. Also they have a lotus. Come to think of it, he also has a really really old alpine board. I'm gonna ask him to have a closer look at it.

Also, i can't really find a link for the xm/honda. Do you know of any?

yeah they release very little info to start a hype. the 81k atom i built had everything you can put on it. Most of the stuff was probably unneccessary. I just wanted to see what it would come out to. I think i'll be happy with my dad's ford taurs since my volvo is RIP because of my sister.

There is no spec on Ariel to 100.

Champ Car costs $5mln. Otherwise without this investment you will make a few hundred miles with that acceleration... if you have any rubbers on hubcups by that time. bear in mind that Honda makes horsepower from rpms and not from torque shape. Thy are not that fast as far as acceleration as they could be. On top of that they are the one to show flames and smoke in F1 (one of the least reliable engine at least in F1).

Ariel is street legal in Europe and supposedly in Seattle. They try to get paperwork for most USA.

If this was legal I might be an owner of one, but I would opt for one with 220bhp rather than 300bhp. I do not believe I would be able to handle speeds from 300bhp... or even it makes no sense with funky electonic limiters in the USA. After all high horespower with those limiters is meaningful only to manufacturer to simplify transmission. Fo buyers it is marketing only, but some do not seem to understand and then brag to everybody just like with size of... to girls :D

I did the pricing thing and i maxed it out at around $81K. I'm going to show this to my friend's dad who is obsessed with ferraris and I think has two. 360 modena and some other one thats going to be coming in. Yes they are ridiculously rich, you have no idea. Also they have a lotus. Come to think of it, he also has a really really old alpine board. I'm gonna ask him to have a closer look at it.

Lotus is not that expensive. I just negotiate with dealer in NJ. They offer me some Exige or Elise (Exige is faster now) and it costs about the same as M3 I have been targetting for one year now. But I still want to learn a lot on my BMW 325i. It is a lot to learn from handling of this car with its only 184bhp, but very responsive engine (early peak torque and relatively flat to 6500rpm). With sequential transmission that I have (yes I have ordered it from Munich with SMG which is rare on this small engines!) it flies if you adjust to shifting it properly. It is just a big Go-Kart! If they put that type transmission on Lotus or Atom then that would be F1 style fun. Unfortunatelly you have to play with clutch witch means that on downshift to keep it balance and blip throttle you need to grow third leg or you will be slow( I make 2-3 downshifts with SMG in about 1.5-3.5 seconds while blipping throttle and not upsetting balance of the car too much).

I believe XM/Honda is used in IRL bolids. That is why you cannot find it. Don't look for RS25 either... because this is world championship Renault winner in Formula 1 last year ;)

And do you yourself a favor: Do not tell you rich friend of Atom. Just let them screw fortunes on Ferraris and accidents in Ferraris;) You try to work hard on getting Ariel for yourself :)

You know those rich folks are rearly good drivers. It is because they can afford to crash a lot so, they do crash and buy a new one. They will then be "cool" because they crashed rather than won.

Its my baby. A 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero, still bone stock :1luvu: . Im the lucky first owner, and yes its a manual :biggthump .

For those Saab Afficianados out there, you'll recognize the plate, but its not from a Viggen, its just that the Aero replaced the Viggen.

For those that Arent, Viggen is swedish for Thunderbolt, and Viggen is the name of Saab's previous generation Fighter jet, which they borrowed for my car's father...

Maybe my plate should have been Gripen?

________

Sc2 Replay

post-141-141842216623_thumb.jpg

I wish Saab kept the hatchback on the 9-3. That was one of the most versatile and uniquely good looking cars ever. In fact it was Saab's identity. The new 9-3 is good looking, but it's just another sedan now. Actually it's a Malibu. Now the only choice for a decent looking and functional hatch is the Mazda 6.

Is the Aero really the Viggen?? I thought the Viggen was a high-buck limited edition super wicked sleeper.

Saab seems to be floundering, imo. The new SUV is soooo GM looking it's disgusting. Should have rebadged a Subaru B9 instead.

I'm still waiting for VW's answer to the Outback.

The Aero is the high buck super sleeper jack ;) as in, Saab didn't publish it's real numbers. They advertised 210bhp, when in reality it is about 220-230ish, plus its lower, comes with offset wheels, badass exhaust and the short throw shift to name a few. The shift is crisp and smooth enough that I got in a friend's vette and found the shift to feel a bit sloppy. Saab still makes a good product (except for the MY2006 9-3 aero IMHO 250bhp from a 2.8L when my 2.0L makes 220? Come on Saab, dump GM) overall, and Im wicked excited about the Aero-X concept car, that thing is killer. I really hope that some of its features trickle down into production, or that I can get my hands on the concept :1luvu:

Another awesome super rare limited sleeper that I had (its now RIP) was a 1990 Saab 9000 Carlton Edition. Saab only imported about 200 of them into the US. Nobody even knew about them, which was pretty cool, it was like being in a little club. I'll see if I can scour a picture of it up.

Edit: It's not a malibu! :nono:

________

FORD FE ENGINE HISTORY

Pretty confident the Malibu and 9-3 share the same chassis.

Yeah, anything less than 100hp/liter is nothing to be proud of.

I think it would be cool to have the old Saab with the V-4 engine.

the NEW new 9-3's (MY2005 on(same time they added navigation for US) ) all ride on GM's Epsilon platform, MY2004 and previous are still almost all saab engineered (thank god). 2004 was also the only year that saab ever put their OWN 6-Speed in a car. Everything else got a 5, automagic, or GM's 6sp.

Just learned: GM was considering unloading Saab. Saab released the Aero-X and GM decided they should stay together a bit longer. Bummer.

Kindof a big site. www.saab.com/microsites/aero_x/GLOBAL/en/index2.shtml

________

Herbalaire Vaporizer Review

I absolutely love swedish cars. I had a '94 volvo 850 and that car was great. Well cept that it took premium. Everything in the car is thought threw. For example, replacing tail lights takes about 3 minutes where it takes about 15 min on most fords that my family has owned. It handled like a dream but was pretty much a flying brick. Everything, and I mean everything in the car was a right angle...buttons, console and switches. I'm suprised the steering wheel is a circle. Lastly, the seats were extremely comfortable. Ive never been so comfortable sitting in a car.

Most likely, when i'm older, i will get Saab or Volvo. Hell ya for swedes!

Its my baby. A 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero, still bone stock :1luvu: . Im the lucky first owner, and yes its a manual :biggthump .

For those Saab Afficianados out there, you'll recognize the plate, but its not from a Viggen, its just that the Aero replaced the Viggen.

For those that Arent, Viggen is swedish for Thunderbolt, and Viggen is the name of Saab's previous generation Fighter jet, which they borrowed for my car's father...

Maybe my plate should have been Gripen?

Justin,

You need rear wheel drive;)... or you prefer understeer on bends?

I heard that these days Gripens are more modern and outperform F-16. Unfortunatelly, when joining NATO Poland chose newest F-16 C/D... we will see about those figther jets. They are needed there like sixth spare in a car... (uhm sorry Polish forces now defend Baltic EU memebers from harrasments (???) of... ;)

Allright that was even farther off topic. Let's stick to summer rides.

Nice car. I guess it is turbo.

I absolutely love swedish cars. I had a '94 volvo 850 and that car was great. Well cept that it took premium. Everything in the car is thought threw. For example, replacing tail lights takes about 3 minutes where it takes about 15 min on most fords that my family has owned. It handled like a dream but was pretty much a flying brick. Everything, and I mean everything in the car was a right angle...buttons, console and switches. I'm suprised the steering wheel is a circle. Lastly, the seats were extremely comfortable. Ive never been so comfortable sitting in a car.

Most likely, when i'm older, i will get Saab or Volvo. Hell ya for swedes!

My hubby was a 9 time Volvo owner until he replaced his 93 850 for a 01 S60-the 01's were made by Ford. He was sooooo disappointed in how the little things kept breaking, things that would never break in a Volvo Volvo, that he vowed never to get another Volvo again. He totalled the S60 about a month later and is currently looking at the BMW 5-series or Cadillac :eek: That's what listening to Led Zep music in Caddy commercials for 5 years does to ya...

Oh, and he's driving my S40, now

My brother has a GM Saab and loves it...but, and this is coming from a Saab lover(me), weren't the Swedish Saabs more than a little unreliable?????

Aren't they a bit better now??

That same brother leased a S80 and returned it before the lease was up

My perception is that Volvo suffered when Ford bought 'em and Saab is doing better since GM bought them....

In defense of Ford, I think Jaguar is doing better since Ford bought 'em. I have a memory of my uncle, who'd purchased an XE 90, back in the day, telling me he needed a chase vehicle following him to pick up the parts that would fall off his Jag

Justin,

You need rear wheel drive;)... or you prefer understeer on bends?

I heard that these days Gripens are more modern and outperform F-16. Unfortunatelly, when joining NATO Poland chose newest F-16 C/D... we will see about those figther jets. They are needed there like sixth spare in a car... (uhm sorry Polish forces now defend Baltic EU memebers from harrasments (???) of... ;)

Allright that was even farther off topic. Let's stick to summer rides.

Nice car. I guess it is turbo.

Okay...don't dis the F-16....my dad was on the design team, the design "rolled out" in 1974...that plane kept me fed, clothed and sheltered throughout the rest of my childhood :)

The Poles should have coughed up the cash for the F-22--my dad was on that design team ,too, although, by then, I was on my own, so I didn't benefit financially from it :D

My hubby was a 9 time Volvo owner until he replaced his 93 850 for a 01 S60-the 01's were made by Ford. He was sooooo disappointed in how the little things kept breaking, things that would never break in a Volvo Volvo, that he vowed never to get another Volvo again. He totalled the S60 about a month later and is currently looking at the BMW 5-series or Cadillac :eek: That's what listening to Led Zep music in Caddy commercials for 5 years does to ya...

Oh, and he's driving my S40, now

My brother has a GM Saab and loves it...but, and this is coming from a Saab lover(me), weren't the Swedish Saabs more than a little unreliable?????

Aren't they a bit better now??

That same brother leased a S80 and returned it before the lease was up

My perception is that Volvo suffered when Ford bought 'em and Saab is doing better since GM bought them....

In defense of Ford, I think Jaguar is doing better since Ford bought 'em. I have a memory of my uncle, who'd purchased an XE 90, back in the day, telling me he needed a chase vehicle following him to pick up the parts that would fall off his Jag

i hear you on the jag issue. My friend's dad owned one pre-ford and said that he drove the shop's rental car more than his jag. Ford defintly brought the jag back from the dead. I had no idea that volvo was bought by ford. damn :-\ But a nine time volvo owner...thats dedication. I don't think I'm more than a two time owner of anything because I don't have much brand loyalty yet.