Note to New Members ×

What's a Head Check?

crackaddict

The guy in orange pulled the equivalent of a U-turn on one side of a multi lane road.

Everyone else is going downhill and have a reasonable expectation that other users overall direction of travel will be downhill.

Be very careful where and when you try to do 360s.

Poor riding and general cluelessness aside, I’m actually really taken aback by his cavalier attitude towards crashing into a kid.  Posting a YT video that is essentially: “Look at my cool video of me tackling a kid on the slopes😎” wtf!?!

“Downhill uphill rider” 😂 

if you gonna do some moves (ex. 360, etc) that person better be aware of surroundings. Who would expect person to come uphill or make that ridiculous turn. And I am amazed how red jacket guy managed to hit anyone in that wide open run….

i bubble my head as much as I can to make sure I am not getting hit…

1 hour ago, crackaddict said:

I can't stop laughing at this one...  Even funnier than a guy getting hit in the nuts.

For real though, not only does he not head check at all (on toeside yet!) he aims right into the park exit!  

Douche indeed!  

Ill go one further:

Douche Nozzle

Mario

You think so? I ran what I would expect to make in a tax nightmare of a city, San Francisco, CA.

I come out really far ahead compared to living in Ontario. Adjusted for USD/CAD and stuff. I don't use government assisted programs in pretty much anything. Maybe I will when I'm 65.

Edited by Odd Job

57 minutes ago, Odd Job said:

You think so? I ran what I would expect to make in a tax nightmare of a city, San Francisco, CA.

I come out really far ahead compared to living in Ontario. Adjusted for USD/CAD and stuff. I don't use government assisted programs in pretty much anything. Maybe I will when I'm 65.

Your personal income is likely better in the US if you have a good job as a professional. If you have the means you will get better healthcare as an individual. But Shortcut wasn’t talking about your individual situation. The USA spends nearly twice as much as Canada per capita on healthcare with worse overall results as measured by gross metrics like life expectancy and infant mortality. And Canada’s system sucks compared to other countries who are doing it better. 

So there’s not much motivation in the US for change when the people in charge aren’t experiencing any problem. 

• Like 1

Yeah, all I was saying is that you spend much more on healthcare per person regardless. So it kind of makes sense that the US has pretty great healthcare service, you pay the most for it! Last time I was in a US hospital in Texas the staff made animal shapes with your bedtowels just like they do at cheesy resorts….someone gotta pay for those value-add towels!!

It always feels weird to me when people denigrate other healthcare systems that cost much less per person and are also free if some dumbass snowboarder riding uphill happens to take you out. But hey 😜

• Like 1

For anyone wanting to get accurate information about first world healthcare system comparisons try here....

https://www.commonwealthfund.org/international

The Commonwealth Fund is a USA based organization that has published sequential reports on healthcare system performance. 

Edited by SunSurfer

On 4/11/2023 at 2:19 PM, SunSurfer said:

For anyone wanting to get accurate information about first world healthcare system comparisons try here....

https://www.commonwealthfund.org/international

The Commonwealth Fund is a USA based organization that has published sequential reports on healthcare system performance. 

That pretty much backs what I said: Canada is last in the list of countries except for the USA. We really need to pull our socks up. The USA needs to get some socks.