Note to New Members ×

Video 4 days in Switzerland and Italy

dredman

@SunSurfer I had been busy with work training since immediately after MCC, and was able to tie the 4 days into the end of training.  It was great to be back on snow after 5 weeks away.

The Euros all seemed to know of MCC from our Facebook and Instagram popularity.  I would suspect as the world gets to be easier to traverse we will see them at MCC.

Just like all of the carvers I have met in North America, the Euros were welcoming and instantly amazing friends.  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Jack M said:

What is that car train all about? 

19 km tunnel, they use trains to shuttle cars and truck through it.  Heinz thought that footage would be a good way to open and close the video.  I like how it worked out.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dredman said:

19 km tunnel, they use trains to shuttle cars and truck through it.  Heinz thought that footage would be a good way to open and close the video.  I like how it worked out.  

The Vereina Tunnel between Engadin and Davos. TheFlülapass is closed during the winter. I think it is a great addition to your video!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ThePeonsChamp said:

Did you get to try the Nevin model Oxess and if so how did it compare?

I spent 1 day on a Oxess 182 something, with a progressive sidecut, it was a bit too stiff for me and I do not like the carving qualities of progressive sidecuts. @Heinz had me jump on his brand new Nevin Oxess. Two turns in and I was quite happy.  The board was, quiet, damp, intuitive, all-day-rideable and fun.  P-Tex top sheets sure make for a quite board.

With all the fancy sidecuts I have been riding over the years (VRS, WARP, CONTRA, Progressive, Blah, Blah Blah)  I was very pleased with the good old single sidecut 12.5m SCR on the Nevin.  The flex was just right, so you could still tighten or lengthen turns by loading the tip/tail or resisting flex between the bindings.  

Oxess has some great engineering and building experience.  They are doing really well on the World Cup SL/GS/BX.  Nevin and Oxess nailed it on building a fun free carving board.  

As you have seen from @Shred Gruumerboards, they will build whatever your heart desires.

My only change to the board for my riding preferences would have been to have it 18cm wide at the waist.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...