Note to New Members ×

Mountain Slope .951

Beckmann AG

we are working on a step-in binding solution.

Wow,  excellent news!!

Do you have a working prototype?  Could we see this binding for the 2025 season?  Could we see a picture of how your system works?  

Will your binding work with the original Northwave Point 900 boots?  

Will your bindings work with ANY current hardboots?

So many questions:)

Thanks in advance for any info you can share at this time

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

Alright yall, I am considering joining the yellow boot mafia. I like my Deeluxe T700's but I really can't stand the BTS system. My snowpants always get caught in them and they are so bulky. But before I drop $$$ on Mountain Slopes, I have some questions.

1. I have a pretty wide foot, all the way back to my heel. My calves are pretty big too (long distance runner). I really love my T700's for that reason, although I did have to pad out the heel, ankle, and calf to reduce volume and eliminate heel lift. My forefoot fits really well. I have tried UPZs in the past (RC 10's, I think?), and even after going to a boot fitter to punch them out, they were unbarelably tight around my heel/achilles. Tight to the point where my foot would fall asleep. Is the heel in the Mountain Slopes as tight as UPZs, or is there more room?

2. I've heard rumors that you need different heel bails for Mountain slopes. I ride F2 Titaniums. Is that true?

3. I'm not sure what stiffness to get. I am thinking of the standards (100 flex). Are they comparable to T700's with medium/soft BTS springs?

14 hours ago, weather_nerd said:

I'm not sure what stiffness to get. I am thinking of the standards (100 flex). Are they comparable to T700's with medium/soft BTS springs?

So, I recently switched from the World Cups to the Standards and I'm glad I did.  Kinda regretting not getting Standards in the first place, but I enjoyed the WCs.  I would say the Standards with red toeside springs (that's how they arrive, with softer blue springs in a bag) are stiffer than T700s with BTS.  I would also say T700s are stiffer than my old UPZ RC10s with stock tongues and liners.  Laterally I'm not sure the Standards are much softer than the WCs at all, but the forward flex is noticeably softer which is welcome.  I have not noticed any sacrifice in performance, in fact the opposite as I have better mobility and range of motion and comfort.

I seem to recall someone here has measured the width of UPZs and MSs and found that UPZs are a little wider in the forefoot.  Low volume Intuition Plug liners to the rescue for wide feet.  When I used UPZs I foolishly used the medium volume Intuition Power Wraps because I had them already, and my feet hurt.  When I bought size 28 MSs, the stock liners were already low volume because that is the end of the C shell size, so they solved my width problem for me.  I'm not sure whether MS or UPZ are wider in the heel, they both are the right size for me there. 

14 hours ago, weather_nerd said:

I've heard rumors that you need different heel bails for Mountain slopes. I ride F2 Titaniums. Is that true?

F2 sells longer heel bails for use with MS.  I think Donek has them.  I don't know what happens if you try to ride with regular F2 bails.  Bombers work as is but the fit in the heel bail is tight.  You have to twist the boot to get out of it.  I suppose I could fix this with Bomber's microadjustment but I haven't gotten around to it.

@Jack M thanks! It sounds like the flex is pretty adjustable, so I will assume I can make the standard 100 flex right for me. Hopefully the heel is not too tight... I am in the MP 27 to 27.5 range so perhaps the C shells will have enough room to be snug without pinching. I will email Donek about the heel bails, but perhaps the standard bails will work 🤷‍♂️. If anyone has experience riding Mountain Slopes in F2 bindings, let me know!

I decided to get some Mountain Slopes and rode them for the first time today. I walked around at home and had some issues with the stock liners. I have some Intuition power wraps from a previous boot and those felt better. They are still not quite right though - I could not get my feet locked down today, even after cranking my buckles down. So, I am going to try Zipfits instead. RIP to my bank account.

Fit aside, the on-snow performance was great! I rode the blue springs which were pretty nice. The forward flex is a bit too soft for me so I will get stiffer tongues. But the lateral flex is nice and stiff. Very responsive edge to edge. I'll follow up here once I get the fit and flex dialed in.

On 2/24/2024 at 7:53 PM, weather_nerd said:

I decided to get some Mountain Slopes and rode them for the first time today. I walked around at home and had some issues with the stock liners. I have some Intuition power wraps from a previous boot and those felt better. They are still not quite right though - I could not get my feet locked down today, even after cranking my buckles down. So, I am going to try Zipfits instead. RIP to my bank account.

Fit aside, the on-snow performance was great! I rode the blue springs which were pretty nice. The forward flex is a bit too soft for me so I will get stiffer tongues. But the lateral flex is nice and stiff. Very responsive edge to edge. I'll follow up here once I get the fit and flex dialed in.

Did you remold the power wraps? I recently ditched my zipfits in place for power wraps.  The heel hold isnt as good but they cause fewer issues with my feet.  Zipfit will always be best for performance but are hell on your feet in the long run, I've found.  You can also cut some boot fitting foam to arch over the heel of your liner to increase heel hold. Put the red springs on before stiffer tongues.  This doesn't have to be a wildly expensive venture.  Don't make the same mistakes as me.

On 2/24/2024 at 9:53 PM, weather_nerd said:

I rode the blue springs which were pretty nice. The forward flex is a bit too soft for me

The boots should have come with red and blue springs.  I'd try the reds before buying more tongues.

Can also try this stuff for more heel hold:

https://www.tognar.com/boot-fitting-foam-modified-ankle-wrap-pads-pr/

On 2/26/2024 at 11:36 AM, Carvin' Marvin said:

Did you remold the power wraps? I recently ditched my zipfits in place for power wraps.  The heel hold isnt as good but they cause fewer issues with my feet.  Zipfit will always be best for performance but are hell on your feet in the long run, I've found.  You can also cut some boot fitting foam to arch over the heel of your liner to increase heel hold. Put the red springs on before stiffer tongues.  This doesn't have to be a wildly expensive venture.  Don't make the same mistakes as me.

I did remold my Power Wraps, which definitely helped. I ended up buying some Zipfits, tried them on for about 30 minutes at home, and decided they were not a better fit than my Intuitions. So, I returned them and I'll figure out how to make my intuitions work. I slipped in some different insoles that I had lying around and it already felt like a better fit, so I think I can make them fit well with some trial and error.

15 hours ago, lordmetroland said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..!

I know, RIP to my bank account. At least I have already sold a pair of Deeluxes that I had lying around.

14 hours ago, Jack M said:

The boots should have come with red and blue springs.  I'd try the reds before buying more tongues.

Can also try this stuff for more heel hold:

https://www.tognar.com/boot-fitting-foam-modified-ankle-wrap-pads-pr/

I thought the red springs were softer than the blue springs? Anyway, I've used Tognar before so I think I will buy some padding for my heel there. Thanks for the reminder!

i was able to get the stock gen 2 MS liner to work - took couple season to figure/dial it in.
use the softer tongue in the back, and blue spring.
front - stiff in the front seems to work well and no problem at all out the box.
punch out toebox
use low volume footbed

had to ditch stock strap and powerstrap
dual strap FTW: use the inner strap so the tongue don't walk about
https://patriotfootbeds.com/products/trustraps-3-0

For heel life(only back foot problem)
these won't work with zipfit because it doesn't compress zipfit enough
But for foam liner it work well
https://patriotfootbeds.com/products/liner-sleeve

make sure to push down the tongue of the liner so it's snugged over instep so it doesn't move around.

good luck it's worth it.i

• 2 weeks later...

MS flex and stiffness has certainly been interesting for me to explore this season having switched from UPZ to MS. I have been through all 3 brands Deeluxe T700 to UPZ with medium flex tongues and custom BTS ((stiffer springs) to MS 120 WC C shell flex. For reference I am around 185lbs. I think the struggle a lot of us have is knowing around what the stiffness flex is for T700 and UPZ and trying to compare that to the MS boots. Since there is no standard for flex stiffness because of shell design and material the flex numbers don't translate exactly. Same thing with ski boots.  

It took me a while to get my boots dialed in. I finally got them working after having ordered a 110 tongue from I-carve with softer blue strings. This reduced the stiffness a lot and took away the shin pain I was getting from the stiff 120 tongues.  I am curious if they are now similar in flex to a standard 100 flex boot?  I can't see who the hell would ride the 130 flex boots 🙂 

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys, read all 12 pages of this topic, learned quiet a lot. This is definately the best forum of this super niche hobby.

Bought a WC 120 with B shell 265 liner recently, feeling the liner has too much volume. I am wondering if heat molding the liner could help. I have rather wide feet (267mm length and 110mm width), but I skied a lot so I am more or less 'mentally tough' with boot width. So no shell work needed for now I think(and pray for).

Has anyone diy heat molding the stock liner? Do you pull it out and put it in your oven? Or do the hot rice socks method like those done with intuition liner?

Welcome @Spoon Shao, glad you found us.  You can mold the stock liner yourself.  I strongly recommend the oven method.  There are good instructions here.  It's certainly worth a try for your wide feet.  You can add padding (like layers of Moleskin) to the sides of your feet during molding to create more room.  And definitely make a toe cap.  The rice sock method only heats the inside of the liner.  This results in less deformation and doesn't mold the liner to the shell.

If you mold your liners and they're still not wide enough, the next step would be Intuition Plug wrap liners.

Good luck!

• Like 1

@Jack MThank you for your advice, I really love this forum, and will definally do the oven method!

Did some shell work with my ski boot fitter who has no experience with snowboard hardboot yesterday. We tried to punch out the side and it felt okay at ski shop, but after I got back home, it seems that the shell shrinked back to the original width... According to my fitter, the shell is significantly thicker and harder to heat up (soften up) than racing ski boots. Does anyone know what temperature does the 951 needs for punching? There is just so little info and so little experienced fitters around me.