Note to New Members ×

Mountain Slope .951

Beckmann AG

On 1/11/2023 at 4:11 PM, ShortcutToMoncton said:

The 100 is roughly flex comparable to Deeluxe T700 and UPZ RC12

It’s softer than my previous super-stiff setup, but as noted above it’s a fairly stiff boot even in Standard flex.

If you really want a soft-flexing hard boot then personally I don’t think the .951s were designed for you. 

2 hours ago, ShortcutToMoncton said:

It’s softer than my previous super-stiff setup, but as noted above it’s a fairly stiff boot even in Standard flex.

If you really want a soft-flexing hard boot then personally I don’t think the .951s were designed for you. 

Is there any way to increase forward flex?  tongues, springs?

By increase the flex, you mean make them softer right? Yes, they have softer blue springs that come with the boot. I think the standard 100 tongue is the softest flex though. 

It’s still not a soft boot compared to the other ones Ladia mentioned, though. I have never tried the AT8 but Deeluxe’s Track 325 is certainly much softer and not as laterally stiff as the Standard .951s. 

If you’re deliberately looking for a soft, flexy hard boot then I don’t think the .951s are it. And plus if the Track 325 works for you then it’s like….less than half the price. 😛 

On 3/1/2023 at 1:57 PM, ShortcutToMoncton said:

I’m going to go with an Intuition SBC wrap liner (I tried their regular Pro liner but it is too short). That will also get me a little more volume over the ankle and hopefully lock it in better.

Did you end up getting those liners?  If so how did they work for you?

The one guy I know who runs the original Northwave boots uses Zipfit liners and swears by those.

Seems like a lot of money to pay to get shitty liners.  The original ones in the .951 I mean.

7 hours ago, Neil Gendzwill said:

Did you end up getting those liners?  If so how did they work for you?

The one guy I know who runs the original Northwave boots uses Zipfit liners and swears by those.

Seems like a lot of money to pay to get shitty liners.  The original ones in the .951 I mean.

No, I decided to ride out the season and save them for a summer purchase. I’m $1400 into these boots with the fittings, and also bought a completely new softboot setup this year. My snow budget is toast and mountain biking upgrades await!!

But the ridge where the tongue connects to the liner with Velcro got really uncomfortable pressing on my instep, and last time I got a big indent and some swelling, and the top of my big toe went completely numb for a few days afterward. So I just hauled out my old Intuition Gold liners and I’m baking them tonight to try it out (if they’ll even bake once more haha). Worth a shot for the remaining couple days left on hard boots around here, but for the last week or so I’ve been having a blast running some local BX courses on the CFR instead.

I love the boots overall, but the liners have indeed been a disappointment for me. I’ve used Intuition wrap liners since the mid-2000s without a problem so fingers crossed for next year!

Everyone’s feet are different, but I also would have paid a little less to just go with my own liners….

• 2 weeks later...

Only got around to fitting the left liner which was causing the instep pain. 

The intuition gold wrap liner is probably 15 years old, well past the due date and probably baked a dozen times in several different hard and soft boots over the years. Even so it was night and day. Zero instep pain, no foot numbness, and great heel lock. 

Looking forward to getting the SBCs for next year! 

D9DB3528-B11E-4C59-8032-B2968422AF5B.jpeg

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I’m not a bootfitter. You’re in the B shell. And either 26 or 26.5 liner size.

Again, everyone seems to have a different experience, but based on mine from last year I would personally recommend sizing down.

You’d probably fit 26 liner for the left and 26.5 for the right foot haha, but I don’t know if you can actually get that. If you are cautious about your delicate toes then just get the 26.5, but you might get some slop on that left foot. 

And be prepared for possibly having to buy new liners. Some people have been fine with the stock ones, but they caused me no end of pain and frustration (the tongue kept working its way down and bunching slightly over my instep no matter how much I adjusted the Velcro…and then the pull loop ripped out, which was disappointing). Switched to Intuition liners and no issues.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: 

23-24’ season will be my 7th season riding this boot (I preordered it before it was even out in 2017) and there is no other boot that I like to ride/carve than MS .951

- Flex is as consistent as the boots gonna get in different temperature

- very easy to change the flex of tongue, springs

- maintenance and fix is easy with parts which are available. It can also be swapped with some ski boots buckles with light modification

- I just love it! Worth every penny

image1.jpeg.518ddda947e6ec3af8ed945ea5a9309e.jpeg

image0.jpeg.aaa7da5364e5c347bf1c74c59bfc1f19.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2024 at 6:04 PM, yamifumi said:

UPDATE: 

23-24’ season will be my 7th season riding this boot (I preordered it before it was even out in 2017) and there is no other boot that I like to ride/carve than MS .951

- Flex is as consistent as the boots gonna get in different temperature

- very easy to change the flex of tongue, springs

- maintenance and fix is easy with parts which are available. It can also be swapped with some ski boots buckles with light modification

- I just love it! Worth every penny

image1.jpeg.518ddda947e6ec3af8ed945ea5a9309e.jpeg

image0.jpeg.aaa7da5364e5c347bf1c74c59bfc1f19.jpeg

are you regular or goofy? right boot has a much stiffer forward spring. You have softer springs than yellow on the rear SPRING. Did you find the yellow rear spring too stiff? trying to set up mine. The red seems too stiff on the front but the blue seems too soft for me. Have not messed with the rear yellow spring.

Thanks

Another question: is the length between the front/back binding bails similar to Deeluxe or to UPZ? 

IE is the distance required between binding sole blocks greater than UPZ...or same?

TIA

Edited by rjnakata

14 minutes ago, rjnakata said:

Another question: is the length between the front/back binding bails similar to Deeluxe or to UPZ? 

IE is the distance required between binding sole blocks greater than UPZ...or same?

UPZ are shorter with the heel being slid further forward under the boot. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, arneburner said:

are you regular or goofy? right boot has a much stiffer forward spring. You have softer springs than yellow on the rear SPRING. Did you find the yellow rear spring too stiff? trying to set up mine. The red seems too stiff on the front but the blue seems too soft for me. Have not messed with the rear yellow spring.

I am regular. I have stiffest spring on the rear boot. 
i prefer the softer spring on rearward flex. It is not much of difference but my caf feels more comfy. It is nice when I use it for powder set up. It is more hassle to change those than forward flex so I just kept it as softer set up. 

I am not sure which MS boots you have but I have 100 with World Cup tongue and the tongue makes a big difference. I love the lateral flex on 100.

I also relocated the top buckle as I ride narrower birds (15.5cm and 16.5cm)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, yamifumi said:

I am regular. I have stiffest spring on the rear boot. 
i prefer the softer spring on rearward flex. It is not much of difference but my caf feels more comfy. It is nice when I use it for powder set up. It is more hassle to change those than forward flex so I just kept it as softer set up. 

I am not sure which MS boots you have but I have 100 with World Cup tongue and the tongue makes a big difference. I love the lateral flex on 100.

I also relocated the top buckle as I ride narrower birds (15.5cm and 16.5cm)

I have the 100 with the stock tongue. Thanks for the info. Ordered some new springs to try out. So many adjustments to try.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2024 at 10:53 PM, Spino said:

Any news for an intec step in system for these boots?

I've seen it's been talked about for at least 4 years now. Would be cool if they had it.

Thanks for asking. We will not be making an intect system but we are working on a step-in binding solution.