Note to New Members ×

OES snowboard Canada

Québec man

Hello carver friends!

Let me introduce myself, I’m Patrice the new Canadian representative for the OES snowboard company (http://www.oes.cat).  Onedge Style produces snowboards in Spain and offers a very wide selection of alpine race snowboards, BX and freecarvers. Custom-made snowboards are also available on request.

I have some demo at your disposal for trying. 

I will report on every tested board. I want to mention that I won’t comment on any other brands. If you want to do it then it’s up to you. But please try to keep your comments constructive. 

I will be at CSQ 2018 at Le Relais ski centre at Lac Beauport, Québec, Canada on January 27/28 and other places to come.

for more information check under the QUEBEC tab in few days.

you Will find below the list of test board.

-185 GS  w/c base W medium

-185 GS w/c base M hard

-185 FC kevlar

-180 GS w/c 

-178 Sputnik wide H+ (spider)

-177 FC medium

-177 FC kevlar medium

-175 Bulat

-162 SL w/c

-165 BX medium (border cross)

Soft = 50 a 75 kg

Medium = 75 a 90 kg

Hard = 90 et +

20171227_193503.jpg

20171231_111950.jpg

WC_page.jpg

• Like 3

If the Bomber / Donek tent isn't viable this year with the USASA Nationals (March 31 -- April 6), maybe we could get some other board vendors (Like the OES manufacturer) to show?

Due to the tent, I bought two boards last year and a few used ones as well, and settled in for myself on Donek as I got to ride all their makes and got to ~FEEL~ the differences. This makes the difference between a window shopper and someone willing to lay out the paper to buy one. I am now looking to see what my kids next GS board will be, as he is flexing the hell out of his Coiler and so it won't be used by him next year.

I do wish the Donek guys and Bomber get it all worked out as it is not only a fun time, but I love the boards...

7 hours ago, Corey said:

No new equipment sales are allowed. Patrice is just letting folks know that he has demos. Ok by me. 

Patrice, what are the bindings on the white board you're holding? 

We'd have to shoot you if it wasn't ok... doh.  currently its getting impossible for new equipment in USA....  one company Donek... ohhh to have choices...  and with bomber down... bindings are SOL...

Edited by Shred Gruumer

Those look like Robertson heads (sometimes see them labelled as "square drive" down here in the US), really common in Canada.  Their advantage over phillips is that they require significantly less "down force" to prevent the driver head from camming out.  My experience with them was that you could use at least as much (and perhaps more) torque compared to an allen key, and they're less likely to strip than either a phillips or an allen head due to the tool slipping; the shape of the socket tends to hang onto the driver bit.

<edit> I should learn to just keep my mouth shut :-)  they look like phillips heads on a different monitor </edit>

Edited by jburk

Hi friends !:1luvu:
to all the interested, these bindings are of my manufacture.
aluminum plate and lift base, step in stainless steel.
the advantage of these bindings is to absorb the maximum vibration compared to all other brands, they have no direct contact with the board, rubber bushings between the board and the flat and bushings at 4 attachment points.
which makes riding very soft while keeping the precision.  :eplus2:

An addition of a heel scraper for soft snow days that also serves as support during maneuvers on one foot.

they answer to the name of (carvex).

and here is the work!  :biggthump

enjoy!

Edited by firepopa
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, jim_s said:

Not being at all critical here, just curious - it looks like that scraper might affect the flex of the board? (particularly on a tight-radius SL board)

I was thinking the same... and about point-loading too... 

Also, can you adjust the angle on those at all? 

6 hours ago, pokkis said:

That scraper is so narrow that it will not affext to flex.

Nice work

Narrow, for sure, and torsionally, it should have no effect. It extends significantly along the length of the board, however, and unless its made of a flexible material (or is sufficiently high above the deck), when the board is railed over and bent hard in a tight SL type of turn, I can't see how it wouldn't impede the flex of the board. (I run an old-style Burton canting disk - on my old-style Burton Race Plates - and I definitely suffer some effect from the diameter of the cant disk, which has a smaller footprint along the length of the board than the scraper we're talking about. )

Understand, I'm not trying to pick this apart (I'm highly unqualified to do so!), and I love the idea of a scraper - it just sort of gets my geeky wannabe engineering juices flowing. (I think most hard-booters fall into this category... :-)

Great to see a new design, and I appreciate the discussion!

16 hours ago, BlueB said:

I was thinking the same... and about point-loading too... 

Also, can you adjust the angle on those at all? 

not the angles are not adjustable, but they are only applicable for riders who have fixed angles. they have a major advantage, but also their drawbacks